• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No executive privilege for trump

I'm not making any threats. I am making an observation about how hypocritically Progressives will react to being treated the same way they treat others.
Fantasizing how Democrats will act at some point in the future when their candidate attempts an insurrection is not something I'm losing sleep over.

He lied to a GJ over a consensual relationship with an of age women. It stunk, for sure. But it sure didn't rise to any levels near Trump. And Clinton was not convicted, nor ever even criminally charged.

Nor was Trump...

Do you honestly think Republicans would not avail themselves of the opportunity, given the chance, regardless of whether a democrat did it or not? That's some wishful thinking right there.

That's kinda' what I said...

You are right. So next time a bunch of democratic supporters attacks the capitol in support of a bizarre conspiracy theory, any subsequent investigation by congress after the president leaves office will be able to probe into what the sitting president did or did not do in response.

I'll take that chance.
It's cool...we already have a bunch of Democrats supporting violent riots that included sedition and murder.

Lulz. Can't hide anymore chump.

My prediction is a nothingburger, as we've all seen how leaky people are these days. If there was something worthwhile, we'd know it already. Hell, we wouldn't even need to involve Congress. Nothing is stopping Biden from making his own press conference and releasing the info himself.

It didn't happen. And Hunter taking advantage of who his daddy was is pretty well established already. But I don't see JOSEPH Biden doing anything to unfreeze Libyan assets, do you? Because Hunter needed coke money doesn't mean his father was in on the deal which never happened btw.
Agreed, there's nothing reported about Libyan assets being unfrozen.
China, well we know Hunter collected pretty good on that deal. Then there's the Russian deal, collected a few millions on that also, and of course the Ukrainian Burisma pay off.

Reported from multiple sources, and the affidavit from Hunter's business partner Tony Bobulinski that the 10% thing was for real.

Seems the entire family cashes in on Ol' Joe's ascent to ever higher political offices.

All this courtroom level evidence? No. But also seems that investigative journalists are taking a nap on this avenue, and the 'news' (political propaganda) media is taking a pass, and social media actively suppressing any bad news for Biden.

But imagine if the the Trump family were engaged the same activities.
The investigative journalists would be all over it, the 'news' (political propaganda) media would make it a nightly headline everyday (we've see it with the Russian Collusion hoax).

So, yeah, probably going to end up being a nothingburger, but it's going to be so for all the wrong reasons.
Such is the landscape we find ourselves in at this time. 🤷‍♂️

Of course, the thing to bear in mind is that, by doing this, Biden is setting a precedent. The democrats won't be able to whine should the opportunity arise for a Republican President to return the favor...
And they shouldn't be able to. Corruption and treason should never be covered up.

China, well we know Hunter collected pretty good on that deal. Then there's the Russian deal, collected a few millions on that also, and of course the Ukrainian Burisma pay off.

Reported from multiple sources, and the affidavit from Hunter's business partner Tony Bobulinski that the 10% thing was for real.

Seems the entire family cashes in on Ol' Joe's ascent to ever higher political offices.

All this courtroom level evidence? No. But also seems that investigative journalists are taking a nap on this avenue, and the 'news' (political propaganda) media is taking a pass, and social media actively suppressing any bad news for Biden.

The investigative journalists would be all over it, the 'news' (political propaganda) media would make it a nightly headline everyday (we've see it with the Russian Collusion hoax).

So, yeah, probably going to end up being a nothingburger, but it's going to be so for all the wrong reasons.
What a lot of horsehockey!

No one is trying to protect Joe. There's no court room level evidence or journalists burrowing for the truth because it is a lot of spun supposition and innuendo--in short, a crock of shit. Good for papers with enough ethics not to spread lies.

Hey, I know you've got your job to do but don't waste your time on me with those shenanigans. You can keep digging this up like a dog with his prize buried bone, but don't expect a lot of oohs and ahhhs over the same pathetic tale told for the fiftieth time. It's getting moldy. We've been through it all and every bit of it washed away in the light of day.

What a lot of horsehockey!

No one is trying to protect Joe.
Well, your wrong there, because the press protected Ol' stumblin' Joe all during his campaign when he was hiding in his basement.
And when they do have a chance to ask a question, it's 'What's your favorite ice cream?' fluff.

Why would the press put up with pre-submitted, pre-vetted, pre-answer, teleprompter questions? Nothing off-script is permitted, as Joe himself stated:

Biden says he's 'gonna be in trouble' if he answers reporter questions​

Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com 4/28/2021

Why is the press simply 'taking' it? And only now, some 8 months into the administration expressing their frustrations with these limits?
You may chose not to see it, but that doesn't mean it isn't happening.
There's no court room level evidence or journalists burrowing for the truth because it is a lot of spun supposition and innuendo--in short, a crock of shit. Good for papers with enough ethics not to spread lies.
And how many innuendo and 'anonymous sources' hit pieces (only to be disproven a day or two later - without the same news coverage) attacking the former president and flogged on for months, even years on end?
Yeah, Biden is being protected from tough probing questions which the press won't pose to him.
Hey, I know you've got your job
No, this isn't my job. But it's clear the present administration and it's complicit 'news' (political propaganda) media are sure doing a 'job' on you.
to do but don't waste your time on me with those shenanigans.
Perhaps good advice, considering putting you on ignore, as you really don't add much to any of the discussions I've read.
You can keep digging this up like a dog with his prize buried bone, but don't expect a lot of oohs and ahhhs over the same pathetic tale told for the fiftieth time. It's getting moldy. We've been through it all and every bit of it washed away in the light of day.
So in essence your position is:
iu

Just extra nothingburger bullshit we'll file right between the Durham report and the AZ fraudit.

My prediction is a nothingburger, as we've all seen how leaky people are these days. If there was something worthwhile, we'd know it already. Hell, we wouldn't even need to involve Congress. Nothing is stopping Biden from making his own press conference and releasing the info himself.
Not Bidens job. He's just simply getting out of the way of those whose job it is.

Not Bidens job. He's just simply getting out of the way of those whose job it is.
That's what G W Bush said when they accused him of the Katrina response.

Well, your wrong there, because the press protected Ol' stumblin' Joe all during his campaign when he was hiding in his basement.
And when they do have a chance to ask a question, it's 'What's your favorite ice cream?' fluff.

Why would the press put up with pre-submitted, pre-vetted, pre-answer, teleprompter questions? Nothing off-script is permitted, as Joe himself stated:

Biden says he's 'gonna be in trouble' if he answers reporter questions​

Ariel Zilber For Dailymail.com 4/28/2021

Why is the press simply 'taking' it? And only now, some 8 months into the administration expressing their frustrations with these limits?

And how many innuendo and 'anonymous sources' hit pieces (only to be disproven a day or two later - without the same news coverage) attacking the former president and flogged on for months, even years on end?
Yeah, Biden is being protected from tough probing questions which the press won't pose to him.

No, this isn't my job. But it's clear the present administration and it's complicit 'news' (political propaganda) media are sure doing a 'job' on you.

Perhaps good advice, considering putting you on ignore, as you really don't add much to any of the discussions I've read.

So in essence your position is:
iu
We see things differently, that's for sure. I see a president with tough situations to handle who is doing pretty well. He's ended a war, gotten 2/3 of eligible Americans vaccinated and is doing his best with a flood of immigrants at the border and 60,000 Afghan refugees brought under our care during 2 weeks in August.

That's apart from the political turmoil of an attempted insurrection in January and a Republican party that's right off the rails.

This will no doubt cause you to spout more ugly stuff unless you've done me the service of putting me on ignore, which would be lovely. I've said what I plan to about this. There's no more to say. This thread is about executive privilege for a former president who needs to be held to account in the worst way. It's not about Biden. I shouldn't have let you lure me there.

Umm...there's nothing saying that it's NOT his job. If there is something that's problematic then he can handle it himself. And, again, with how leaky things have been, we'd have heard something by now, if there was something, especially with Dems running things. That's the other part of the post that you failed to address.

Of course, the thing to bear in mind is that, by doing this, Biden is setting a precedent. The democrats won't be able to whine should the opportunity arise for a Republican President to return the favor...
All the democrats have to do is not start an insurrection and they will be fine.

As previously stated, only someone who's completely delusional believes that's the only thing a former President would need to be protected from...
Only someone who is completely delusional doesn't think Trump tried to overturn the election

Clinton is in the far past tense. Trump is in the present. He has not been convicted YET. He may never be. But it surely is not over.

Well, it's common for liberals to ignore and dismiss Clinton's failings, but the truth is that it wasn't so long ago that democrats essentially told us, by not convicting him, that it's perfectly okay to lie to a grand jury.

And, to say that neither Trump nor Clinton has been convicted is a 100% true statement...

This is about as myopic as a person can get...
Not really, a pretty serious crime was committed and it should be brought to the light.

Not really, a pretty serious crime was committed and it should be brought to the light.

Absolutely.

But libs are acting as though it's the only pretty serious crime which could get a President in trouble, and that's not even remotely accurate...

Absolutely.

But libs are acting as though it's the only pretty serious crime which could get a President in trouble, and that's not even remotely accurate...
No president should be criming.

Yep, have at it. I don't believe you will ever see a Democratic (or Republican president, for that matter) as corrupt / operating outside of the law as the last guy. Corruption should be rooted out, regardless of party.
Exactly! No "favors" to protect a traitor who incited an insurrection against our government and democracy. President Biden is patriotic and honoring his oath to serve and protect the United States of America from all threats, foreign and domestic. He's not in bed with Mr. Putin or any other murderous dictators like the last guy. The Trump Cult Party aka GQP will always remain loyal and put trump over country and party, they want him to get more favors to hide his corruption. They are as unpatriotic and anti-American as Putin's puppet. The republican party is dead right now, don't know it it can be revived.

Back
Top Bottom