• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposite-s

Dragonfly

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposite-sex parents

No effect for kids of same-sex parents - CNN.com

(CNN)A new study in the Journal of Developmental and Behavioral Pediatrics finds that the kids really are all right. Despite the ongoing cultural debate around same-sex parenting, the new study finds the children of same-sex parents are just as healthy emotionally and physically as the children of different-sex parents.

Shocking.

Not,

Last edited:
Re: Search » U.S. Edition+ 'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposi

Might want to edit your thread title there.

Re: Search » U.S. Edition+ 'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposi

I'm willing to believe that, but, especially with psychological studies, it's wise to know the study author's bias.

Re: 'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposite-sex parents

If our society were decent they would be arrested for promoting perversion.

If you were a decent human being, you would stop ****ting all over our forum with your stupid and morally bankrupt ideas.

If you were a decent human being, you would stop ****ting all over our forum with your stupid and morally bankrupt ideas.

You are not required to read what I write.

This is so clearly bait, it's not worth responding to.

I'm willing to believe that, but, especially with psychological studies, it's wise to know the study author's bias.

Funny how bias only congress into play when science suggests something people don't like to accept.

A study on a subject that arouses emotions like this does is likely to be biased. During the civil rights movement we were told that blacks were as intelligent as whites, or would be once they were no longer discriminated against, but would be never came.

In fact, when I was in research, that proved good wisdom even in quantitative socio-economic impact studies and essential to cost-benefit papers.

We've never been decent.

Funny how bias only congress into play when science suggests something people don't like to accept.

Hope you not just noticing this now, it's a human trait. And btw, you're wrong on this one, I have no problem accepting that homosexual couples can be good parents. Happen to know a few.

Hope you not just noticing this now, it's a human trait. And btw, you're wrong on this one, I have no problem accepting that homosexual couples can be good parents. Happen to know a few.
But the research is biased why?

The only thing that concerns me about it is the effect of "imprinting." It's fairly well known that human beings tend to form their idea of what their own future mates should look like, as well as their ideas of how best to live, based off of their parents' example. Boys tend to go for a woman who looks a bit like mom, girls tend to go for a guy who looks a bit like dad, the children of divorcees tend to be more likely to divorce themselves, and etca, etca.

Hell! In animals, this effect is apparently strong enough that if an animal of one species is raised by individuals of another species, it actually isn't unknown for that animal to sexually identify with the species that raised it, rather than (or more than) its own.

As such, I don't think it's at all out of the question to suggest that being raised by homosexuals might result in a child being more likely to turn out homosexual themselves. I really don't think studies into that question have been anywhere thorough enough either.

Interesting, but not really surprising. It possibly seems noteworthy that the study calls for more research on the subject. But more important is the fact that the children do worse in families that separate.

yeah so we should take a page from the adoption bans on SS couples and with this research, ban couples with kids from separating. You know, whatever is best for the kids should prevail always no matter who else gets ****ed in the process, right? I mean, let's be consistent

The only thing that concerns me about it is the effect of "imprinting." It's fairly well known that human beings tend to form their idea of what their own future mates should look like, as well as their ideas of how best to live, based off of their parents' example. Boys tend to go for a woman who looks a bit like mom, girls tend to go for a guy who looks a bit like dad, the children of divorcees tend to be more likely to divorce themselves, and etca, etca.

Hell! In animals, this effect is apparently strong enough that if an animal of one species is raised by individuals of another species, it actually isn't unknown for that animal to sexually identify with the species that raised it, rather than (or more than) its own.

As such, I don't think it's at all out of the question to suggest that being raised by homosexuals might result in a child being more likely to turn out homosexual themselves. I really don't think studies into that question have been anywhere thorough enough either.

So why aren't homosexuals raised by heterosexual parents 'imprinted' to turn out heterosexual instead? Let me guess, overbearing mother, absent father

Also your concern is driven by the notion there's something terrible about being homosexual that even if you were correct about 'imprinting', it's something that should be prevented. But i'm guessing you don't have an answer for this that isn't totally ignorant

You know policy should be driven by evidence and weighing pros and cons. So tell me, if 90% of kids raised by SS couples have better outcomes than if they were raised in rotating foster homes, but maybe 2% more of them ended up homosexual (per your theory), is this in your opinion such a burden to those kids they should stay in the foster homes?

yeah so we should take a page from the adoption bans on SS couples and with this research, ban couples with kids from separating. You know, whatever is best for the kids should prevail always no matter who else gets ****ed in the process, right? I mean, let's be consistent

Yes. I think I can see your point on forbidding couples with kids from separating. You will sure cause a stir. That was one of the first steps down the liberal path we are on. The religious will love you, but you may get shot by the other side. ;)

Yes. I think I can see your point on forbidding couples with kids from separating. You will sure cause a stir. That was one of the first steps down the liberal path we are on. The religious will love you, but you may get shot by the other side. ;)

i'm not saying i support that, but if the critics of SS adoption want to be remotely consistent, they have to support bans on divorce/separation too and any other correlation between family background and poor adoption outcomes. That could include single people adopting, maybe interracial couples, maybe a couple adopting a kid from a different race, who knows what future and past studies reveal

i'm not saying i support that, but if the critics of SS adoption want to be remotely consistent, they have to support bans on divorce/separation too and any other correlation between family background and poor adoption outcomes. That could include single people adopting, maybe interracial couples, maybe a couple adopting a kid from a different race, who knows what future and past studies reveal

No. Not necessarily. They would need to do that only, if the arguments were identical. But for most that believe SSM a travesty the reasoning is much more complex than a one index statistic.

Thanks for illustrating the agenda of the far right, that is why you will never get your wish.

We've never been decent.

It has certainly always been less fun to be decent.

But the research is biased why?

Most all research done in the soft sciences is biased, it's something you really have to keep an eye out for.

No. Not necessarily. They would need to do that only, if the arguments were identical. But for most that believe SSM a travesty the reasoning is much more complex than a one index statistic.

well that is just bigotry and nothing to base adoption or any other policy on, as the courts have ruled time and again

20 years ago they were making the same arguments against interracial couples adoption so i'm not interested

Back
Top Bottom