• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposite-s

Re: Search » U.S. Edition+ 'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposi

Most all research done in the soft sciences is biased, it's something you really have to keep an eye out for.
So than any claim what so ever regarding this subject would be biased?

Re: 'No differences' between children of same-sex and opposite-sex parents

well that is just bigotry and nothing to base adoption or any other policy on, as the courts have ruled time and again

20 years ago they were making the same arguments against interracial couples adoption so i'm not interested

What is bigotry? Believing that living in sin is a bad example? I would have thought that belief was protected by the Constitution and such that call it bigotry quite the bigots themselves.

And maybe there were people that argued as you say. They would not have been correct in assuming that it was the position of most Christian religions.

What is bigotry? Believing that living in sin is a bad example? I would have thought that belief was protected by the Constitution and such that call it bigotry quite the bigots themselves.

And maybe there were people that argued as you say. They would not have been correct in assuming that it was the position of most Christian religions.

It was the position of a lot of Christians about 50 years ago, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Over 70% of the country believed interracial couples should not be allowed to marry with one of the prevailing arguments being "think of the children".

It was the position of a lot of Christians about 50 years ago, whether you wish to acknowledge it or not. Over 70% of the country believed interracial couples should not be allowed to marry with one of the prevailing arguments being "think of the children".

I think you would find that the Christian codes are pretty much as they were. I realize that you do not much care about ethical theory. But the arguments for SSM do not touch the axioms that lead to the conclusion that it is sinful.
Also, it would be good to remember that challenges to the individual afflicted are not all the same. They can have quite different social or biological attributes that require very different conclusions of appropriate treatment.

PS: How did the first crop or two of interracial children fare? I don't believe I have seen a study on that.

I think you would find that the Christian codes are pretty much as they were. I realize that you do not much care about ethical theory. But the arguments for SSM do not touch the axioms that lead to the conclusion that it is sinful.
Also, it would be good to remember that challenges to the individual afflicted are not all the same. They can have quite different social or biological attributes that require very different conclusions of appropriate treatment.

PS: How did the first crop or two of interracial children fare? I don't believe I have seen a study on that.

They didn't have to because it wasn't a valid reason to deny people marriage in the US.

They didn't have to because it wasn't a valid reason to deny people marriage in the US.

They didn't have to what?

They didn't have to what?

Study interracial children. There was no need since it doesn't matter to whether interracial couples should be allowed to marry or not.

If our society were decent IN ACCORDANCE TO MY VIEW they would be arrested for promoting MY ERRONEOUS BELIEF OF WHAT IS perversion.

Corrected for accuracy.

Study interracial children. There was no need since it doesn't matter to whether interracial couples should be allowed to marry or not.

That is a half-truth. We wouldn't forbid interracial marriage, but it would be important to know if there are negative consequences, how large they are and how they might be improved. If you do not study things, you only have vague ideas. So why not look into it in the same way we show that Vietnamese do much better than black or white Americans? What'S your point?

That is a half-truth. We wouldn't forbid interracial marriage, but it would be important to know if there are negative consequences, how large they are and how they might be improved. If you do not study things, you only have vague ideas. So why not look into it in the same way we show that Vietnamese do much better than black or white Americans? What'S your point?

And we have been studying parenting of many different groups for a long time, and have found little difference in outcomes so long as there are enough people providing for the child's needs (generally at least two), the parents or parental figures are caring and have a minimum base level of responsibility.

Race combinations, sex combinations, even religion combinations don't really matter. Now they can affect the child if the parents make a big deal out of those things or others do.

Just to point out:

Objective: Using the 2011–2012 National Survey of Children's Health data set, we compared spouse/partner relationships and parent-child relationships (family relationships), parenting stress, and children's general health, emotional difficulties, coping behavior, and learning behavior (child outcomes) in households of same-sex (female) versus different-sex continuously coupled parents with biological offspring. We assessed whether associations among family relationships, parenting stress, and child outcomes were different in the 2 household types.

Methods: Parental and child characteristics were matched for 95 female same-sex parent and 95 different-sex parent households with children 6 to 17 years old. One parent per household was interviewed by telephone. Multivariate analyses of variance and multiple linear regressions were conducted.

Results: No differences were observed between household types on family relationships or any child outcomes. Same-sex parent households scored higher on parenting stress (95% confidence interval = 2.03–2.30) than different-sex parent households (95% confidence interval = 1.76–2.03), p = .006. No significant interactions between household type and family relationships or household type and parenting stress were found for any child outcomes.

Conclusion: Children with female same-sex parents and different-sex parents demonstrated no differences in outcomes, despite female same-sex parents reporting more parenting stress. Future studies may reveal the sources of this parenting stress.

This conclusion is not what the study told you. What the study told you is that a parent will tell you over the phone roughly the same thing about their kids. If you want to say that there is no difference between the children raised by same-sex v different-sex couples, then you need to score the results for the kids involved. How they fare in school, how they fare after school, crime rates, rates of mental issues, rates of drug use, etc. It would be interesting to see if there is a significant differential for the kids raised by same-sex couples as far as non-traditional sexuality themselves.

Now I've long said that two parents are probably better than the State (as in adoption) or a single parent. But if you're going to argue no difference to the children for those raised by same-sex v different-sex couples, then I think you actually need to test and observe the children involved. Not ask the parents on the phone if everything is hunky-dory.

Last edited:
And we have been studying parenting of many different groups for a long time, and have found little difference in outcomes so long as there are enough people providing for the child's needs (generally at least two), the parents or parental figures are caring and have a minimum base level of responsibility.

Race combinations, sex combinations, even religion combinations don't really matter. Now they can affect the child if the parents make a big deal out of those things or others do.

That was the question and you said that it was unnecessary to measure the success of mixed marriage children. I could imagine there might be large differences between them depending on a variety of factors. Did you realize the effect on a baby's expectancy of surviving, when there is a homosexual man uncle in or near the household?

Just to point out:

This conclusion is not what the study told you. What the study told you is that a parent will tell you over the phone roughly the same thing about their kids. If you want to say that there is no difference between the children raised by same-sex v different-sex couples, then you need to score the results for the kids involved. How they fare in school, how they fare after school, crime rates, rates of mental issues, rates of drug use, etc. It would be interesting to see if there is a significant differential for the kids raised by same-sex couples as far as non-traditional sexuality themselves.

Now I've long said that two parents are probably better than the State (as in adoption) or a single parent. But if you're going to argue no difference to the children for those raised by same-sex v different-sex couples, then I think you actually need to test and observe the children involved. Not ask the parents on the phone if everything is hunky-dory.

I don't know why anybody would say households with same sex parents would be any better or worse than households with opposite sex parents. Other than of course the advancement of a political agenda.

That was the question and you said that it was unnecessary to measure the success of mixed marriage children. I could imagine there might be large differences between them depending on a variety of factors. Did you realize the effect on a baby's expectancy of surviving, when there is a homosexual man uncle in or near the household?

Just because they have been studying it doesn't make it legally necessary.

Do you have some research to show about having a gay uncle? From what I've read, it would increase life expectancy.

Just because they have been studying it doesn't make it legally necessary.

Do you have some research to show about having a gay uncle? From what I've read, it would increase life expectancy.

Yes. that it seems to.

Race is an imaginary difference. There could be no legitimate study of something based on an imaginary difference.

Race is an imaginary difference. There could be no legitimate study of something based on an imaginary difference.

Nope. Saying that might be a politically correct statement. It also seems to break down confronting reality.

That's highly doubtful. What exactly about having a gay uncle increases life expectancy?

The studies I have read only speculated on that for later research. They were not designed to answer that question.

Nope. Saying that might be a politically correct statement. It also seems to break down confronting reality.

Race is entirely based upon physical appearance. Academic study to determine whether a person with a big nose and a person with a small nose can raise a child as well as two people with congruent sized noses, is not only impossible to be academic, it's beyond stupidity.

The studies I have read only speculated on that for later research. They were not designed to answer that question.
Speculate what? Coincidence exists?

If you can't determine a cause, no cause can be determined and it must be treated like any other two completely non related things that seem to coincide.

Race is entirely based upon physical appearance. Academic study to determine whether a person with a big nose and a person with a small nose can raise a child as well as two people with congruent sized noses, is not only impossible to be academic, it's beyond stupidity.

Nope. The differences go deeper than the pigments to include further genetic ones and even race specific diseases it would appear. But that is not surprising.

Speculate what? Coincidence exists?

If you can't determine a cause, no cause can be determined and it must be treated like any other two completely non related things that seem to coincide.

I'm not sure, what you want to say.

Nope. The differences go deeper than the pigments to include further genetic ones and even race specific diseases it would appear. But that is not surprising.
Prove it.

Back
Top Bottom