• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No difference between straight/gay love

One difference: Sex between men and women creates life; sex between men and men creates disease and death.
Yes, Asian countries are more tolerant about sex. In some places, you can buy any kind of sex you want with anyone as young as you want.

I don't know where you learned biology but sex does not "create" disease.

One difference: Sex between men and women creates life; sex between men and men creates disease and death.
Yes, Asian countries are more tolerant about sex. In some places, you can buy any kind of sex you want with anyone as young as you want.

That's completely idiotic. I don't know where this idea that only gay men spread STD's around, but it needs to stop. And no, not all forms of heterosexual sex lead to "life".

I don't know where you learned biology but sex does not "create" disease.

Perhaps "spread" disease would have been more appropriate. Anal intercourse among gays has been and continues to be the main breeding ground for HIV, which has led to the death of 35 million people worldwide.

Perhaps "spread" disease would have been more appropriate. Anal intercourse among gays has been and continues to be the main breeding ground for HIV, which has led to the death of 35 million people worldwide.

You're correct, "spread" would have been at least a little more close to reality, even if it's not correct.

Of course, it is only in the U.S where there are more gay HIV infection that straight ones. Most of the rest of the world, that is not true.

That's completely idiotic. I don't know where this idea that only gay men spread STD's around, but it needs to stop. And no, not all forms of heterosexual sex lead to "life".

Correct; however zero form of homosexual sex leads to "life".

Correct; however zero form of homosexual sex leads to "life".

So what? If straight people were only having sex to procreate, this argument would hold some merit, but since they also have sex for fun and profit, I fail to see why homosexuals shouldn't be able to do the same.

So what? If straight people were only having sex to procreate, this argument would hold some merit, but since they also have sex for fun and profit, I fail to see why homosexuals shouldn't be able to do the same.

Your comment is totally superfluous ... my response was to thegoverness' comment about "life".

Your comment is totally superfluous ... my response was to thegoverness' comment about "life".

Sometimes we see examples in the world where sex not leading to life would have been preferable. Just sayin'.

I sense a distinctly "Ugandan" tone. Is that the "U" ? Or are you just a fan of the current Ugandan homophobia because it's the loudest?

I'm failing to see how my comment was superfluous considering what she was responding to, which is this:

My point is that the results of the sex being had between two adults is irrelevant. For the intent of this conversation, the point of whether the potential result is a child is moot.

So, with all that said, pretty sure my comment is on fleek.

It is a truly terrible disease, but even if anal sex is the primary means by which it has spread, gay sex does not cause it. I can have sex with my husband day in and out and I will not become infected with HIV or spread it. Therefore my sex life is not creating death and disease as you tried to argue before by falsely correlating a pandemic to a means of transmission.

I have long wondered why in a certain Asian country there has never been that deranged hatred and fear of male homosexuality that has long existed in the West.

In fact, an American anthropologist in 1946 had described that "certain" country's society as "homoerotic."

Today I may have discovered at least part of the reason.

A contemporary artist from that country claims that there was NO difference between heterosexual and homosexual love "before Western incursions."

I assume that the phrase "Western incursions" includes Western missionaries coming to that country in order to bring the Bible's message.

I have purposely been as oblique as possible. I realize that even in 2019, this subject makes many people, even liberals, somewhat uncomfortable.

My source: The Los Angeles Times, January 6, 2019, "Arts & Books" section, pages 1 and 8. The author reviews a book entitled Ravens and Red Lipstick.

Oh, I don't know about it being the same, without all the deranged hatred. I think that maybe you're right about the deranged hatred part, but the same thing boy girl and girl boy sex. And saying it is another dumb thing to say. If they have done all of this without the hatred, then I say good. But I just don't think it's like that over where you're at.

If you're referring to the romantic feelings a straight couple feels toward each other is the same as the way a gay couple feels about each other, then I agree 100% there is no difference.

What was I supposed to be made to feel uncomfortable about, I don't get your reference.

You agree 100%. But you are wrong. there is a difference.

Socially accepted deviance; do people choose to be sexually attracted to young children? Man child love is next.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

22 “‘You must not lie down with a male in the same way that you lie down with a woman. It is a detestable act.

23 “‘A man must not have sexual intercourse with an animal to become unclean by it; nor should a woman offer herself to an animal to have intercourse with it. It is a violation of what is natural.

24 “‘Do not make yourselves unclean by any of these things, for it is by all these things that the nations that I am driving out from before you have made themselves unclean." Leviticus 18:22-25

Don't be so stupid. STDs affect everyone.

Yes, STD's affect everyone. And that should be taught in our schools, to the young and old alike.

sex, fun, and profit. Especially the profit. But it's the danger of disease that tells us that the gays should be kept out of the mainstream.

Back
Top Bottom