• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Deep water Drilling here, but Brazil using US Taxpayer money!!!!!

jujuman13

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
No doubt you know that on August 15, 2008 billionaire George Soros (also a far left supporter and huge campaign contributor to Obama) bought $811 million in Petorleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras), a Brazilian oil drilling company. That made
Petrobras George Soros second largest investment holding. WOW!

Two months later, your President Obama made a loan guarantee to Petrobras in the amount of $2 BILLION of your tax dollars (notwithstanding the U.S. is broke),

to fund deep water drilling for oil off the Brazilian coast.
Now Petrobras has annual profits of $15 billion a year, so you can imagine how they must have desperately needed a $2 billion loan guarantee from you.

Then, wonder of wonders comes the BP oil rig rupture and continuing spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Not much effective action by President Obama in cleaning up this mess, including turning down offers to help from several foreign countries who have skimmers ready to sail here and help clean up the oil before it reaches shore.

Then President Obama bans drilling at depths greater than 500 ft. below the earths or oceans bottom surface. Too dangerous, RIGHT.

However, while the BP well was at a depth of 11,000 ft. below the ocean floor,

Petrobras plans to drill to depths of 14,000 ft. below the ocean floor. Funny, no problem there, but for us, too dangerous.

Oh! yes. The drilling ban has freed up about 35 drilling rigs that are already being bid on to move to Brazil for Petrobras drilling. In the meantime, our economy is further crippled while George Soros stands to "earn" $TRILLIONS from our reduced drilling and Brazils increased drilling. SEE ANY CONNECTION HERE????

Oh my rich friends, you are so generous!!!!!

*After the drilling rigs are moved, It takes many many months to get the drilling rigs back to the gulf. Meanwhile all of Louisiana suffers/loses jobs and cannot support their families!

I just love people who dont understand the difference between a loan and a grant/gift

America will make money on this deal, US taxpayers will earn a positive rate of return on the LOAN to Petrobras

I just love people who dont understand the difference between a loan and a grant/gift

America will make money on this deal, US taxpayers will earn a positive rate of return on the LOAN to Petrobras

Do you know what the average rates the Export-Import Bank charges and what its average ROI is?

America will make diddly squat on this deal.
Soros will make Billions.

No I dont, I would like to as well

Hmm. Not exactly easy to find. I suspect it would be a less then market though. Or they'd simply go somewhere else.

It is rather amusing how we are getting them to do the research into deep sea drilling and effectively paying us to do it.

No doubt you know that on August 15, 2008 billionaire George Soros (also a far left supporter and huge campaign contributor to Obama) bought $811 million in Petorleo Brasileiro SA (Petrobras), a Brazilian oil drilling company. That made
Petrobras George Soros second largest investment holding. WOW!

Two months later, your President Obama made a loan guarantee to Petrobras in the amount of $2 BILLION of your tax dollars (notwithstanding the U.S. is broke),

to fund deep water drilling for oil off the Brazilian coast.
Now Petrobras has annual profits of $15 billion a year, so you can imagine how they must have desperately needed a $2 billion loan guarantee from you.

Then, wonder of wonders comes the BP oil rig rupture and continuing spill in the Gulf of Mexico. Not much effective action by President Obama in cleaning up this mess, including turning down offers to help from several foreign countries who have skimmers ready to sail here and help clean up the oil before it reaches shore.

Then President Obama bans drilling at depths greater than 500 ft. below the earths or oceans bottom surface. Too dangerous, RIGHT.

However, while the BP well was at a depth of 11,000 ft. below the ocean floor,

Petrobras plans to drill to depths of 14,000 ft. below the ocean floor. Funny, no problem there, but for us, too dangerous.

Oh! yes. The drilling ban has freed up about 35 drilling rigs that are already being bid on to move to Brazil for Petrobras drilling. In the meantime, our economy is further crippled while George Soros stands to "earn" $TRILLIONS from our reduced drilling and Brazils increased drilling. SEE ANY CONNECTION HERE????

Oh my rich friends, you are so generous!!!!!

*After the drilling rigs are moved, It takes many many months to get the drilling rigs back to the gulf. Meanwhile all of Louisiana suffers/loses jobs and cannot support their families!

Do you have a link to this?

Back
Top Bottom