• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No class 3 licensee has become a mass shooter

swing_voter

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
So why don't we make it a requirement for all gun owners to get a class 3 SOT, or license?

A $500 tax per year and a $200 tax every time you sell a firearm.

But you can own full auto weapons and sawed off shotguns.

I don't think it's the money so much as the extra paperwork.

If you ask a young person today what their greatest fear is, they'll tell you it's getting shot at school, work, theater, concert, etc. One day they'll be in charge and they are going to crack down on guns big time. So why not fix the mass shooter problem now?

What part of "shall not be infringed" do you not understand?

What part of "even Kavanaugh won't vote to overturn NFA 1934" don't you understand?

So why don't we make it a requirement for all gun owners to get a class 3 SOT, or license?

If you ask a young person today what their greatest fear is, they'll tell you it's getting shot at school, work, theater, concert, etc. One day they'll be in charge and they are going to crack down on guns big time. So why not fix the mass shooter problem now?

It would be unconstitutional. That's why not.

The fact that you have to have a class 3 authorization to own some types of guns means that's it's already been infringed.

That's exactly right, so why pass even more infringements on our constitutional rights

As long as we also tax the rights to free speech and voting the same way sure let's do it. Only those wealthy enough to afford freedom should have it.

As long as we also tax the rights to free speech and voting the same way sure let's do it. Only those wealthy enough to afford freedom should have it.
We do that now

The fact that you have to have a class 3 authorization to own some types of guns means that's it's already been infringed.
Yes, and it shouldn't be that way.

The 2nd Amendment is very clear about it.

And it’s been litigated: there is no such thing as an unfettered right.

2A doesn’t give you an unfettered right. Never has, never will.

For the same reason we don't require anything similar for people to own cars, or drink alcohol.

Why cater to the irrational musings of children?

I think it's a terrible idea, but unlike some other gun proponents I suspect it is or would be Constitutional. Doesn't mean we should do it, though.

Back
Top Bottom