• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

No Abortion even for Rape

AGENT J

"If you ain't first, you're last"
Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Ok this came up at work today and ive been thinking about it a lot.

FOr the few that actually think this way, never met any in real life, could you explain to me the logic behind it. And not just the initial logic, though i do want that to but the aftermath logic.

For example the woman is raped and now she will be forced to carry the ZEF to term. Even if there is risk to her life and the risk isnt 60% or more.
What happens if she does die cause of the pregnancy, would you support murder charges?

next example is, ok she lives, now she is responsible for the product of rape for 18 years if she doesnt give the baby up for adoption. Im sure the kid will trigger zero memories/reminders of the rape, especially if the kid looks nothign like her and looks just like the rapist

WHen the dad "FELONY RAPIST" gets out and he has served his time and paid his dues after probably 6 years does he get parental rights? I mean his times has been served, he paid his dues.
if yes, are you saying the first thing the rapist gets to have is the address of the woman he raped 6 years ago? im sure that makes her feel great!
if he gets custody is he allowed to come to the house to pick up and drop off his kid?
in many states they dont do anything about child support if a parent is in jail so what about the first 6 years of the kids life he just gets off scott free

theres sooooooooooo many questions, and mind you, im sure there are probably people out there that think the father forfeits his rights so some of my questions are moot but it woulds just lead me to having others.

anyway for the people that dont even support abortion for rape expalin why please, i want to know YOUR LOGIC and YOUR OPINION on it, mine dont matter.

I do find it odd that people on the right always point to liberals and their love of government money, yet don't put 2 and 2 together about forcing a woman to carry a rape baby to term. Whether it's to a destitute mother or given up for adoption, who do you think is going to have to pay for that baby? Yup.

FOr the few that actually think this way, never met any in real life, could you explain to me the logic behind it. And not just the initial logic, though i do want that to but the aftermath logic.

For example the woman is raped and now she will be forced to carry the ZEF to term. Even if there is risk to her life and the risk isnt 60% or more.
What happens if she does die cause of the pregnancy, would you support murder charges?

next example is, ok she lives, now she is responsible for the product of rape for 18 years if she doesnt give the baby up for adoption. Im sure the kid will trigger zero memories/reminders of the rape, especially if the kid looks nothign like her and looks just like the rapist

WHen the dad "FELONY RAPIST" gets out and he has served his time and paid his dues after probably 6 years doe she get parental rights? I mean his times has been served, he paid his dues.
if yes, are you say the first thing the rapist gets to have is the address of the woman he raped 6 years ago? im sure that makes her feel great!
if he gets custody is he allowed to come to the house to pick up and drop off his kid?
in many states they dont do anything about child support if a parent is in jail so what about the first 6 years of the kids life he just gets off scott free

there sooooooooooo many questions, and mind you, im sure there are probably people out there that think the father forfeits his rights so some of my questions are moot but it wouls just lead me to having others.

anyway for the people that dont even support abortion for rape expalin why please, i want to know YOUR LOGIC and YOUR OPINION on it, mine dont matter.

I do find it odd that people on the right always point to liberals and their love of government money, yet don't put 2 and 2 together about forcing a woman to carry a rape baby to term. Whether it's to a destitute mother or given up for adoption, who do you think is going to have to pay for that baby? Yup.

well that is ONE isses regardless of how the pregnancy occurs, using force is going to cost government money. ANd a sin is supposed to be a sin but some how magically its only a sin if some people say its a sin.
Also its not all people on the right/left, you should say SOME, blanket statement can get you in trouble.

I have no problem allowing an abortion of a pregnancy due to rape, regardless of what Chad says.

Well, we certainly can't deny the rapist his god given right to reproduce. Certainly we can't castrate or sterilize him. Why, that wouldn't be human. Women can't be raped without consent. Their bodies will reject the child. :roll:

(forgive me. I had a difficult thread on the sterilization of prisoners where I got my ass chewed for supporting the idea. Its made me bitter. Add sugar, stir....)

Well, we certainly can't deny the rapist his god given right to reproduce. Certainly we can't castrate or sterilize him. Why, that wouldn't be human. Women can't be raped without consent. Their bodies will reject the child. :roll:

(forgive me. I had a difficult thread on the sterilization of prisoners where I got my ass chewed for supporting the idea. Its made me bitter. Add sugar, stir....)

yes that was a bit much and counter productive but you apologized and explained lol ;)

if it makes you feel better i definitely think castration and execution should be among the possible sentences for rapist.

Personally I would keep the baby and raise it. Having an abortion is never going to cure the fact i had been raped. I would eventually learn to live with it as awful as it would be, but there's many hurdles people overcome to survive horrible things happening to them and still live a productive life. I would suffer more mental anguish knowing that i had taken the life of my unborn child. I just couldn't do it.

I also don't buy the argument that the baby will remind you of the rape. Like if she wasn't pregnant and had aborted the unborn child then she would just forget about it.......

Understand and accept others see it differently. You do what is right for you and i'll do what is right for me.

The Jewish God says the woman must marry the rapist.

The Jewish God says the woman must marry the rapist.

It would be nice to read that in context. It also has something to do with the value of virgins I believe.

Carry on.

1.)Personally I would keep the baby and raise it. Having an abortion is never going to cure the fact i had been raped. I would eventually learn to live with it as awful as it would be, but there's many hurdles people overcome to survive horrible things happening to them and still live a productive life. I would suffer more mental anguish knowing that i had taken the life of my unborn child. I just couldn't do it.

2.) I also don't buy the argument that the baby will remind you of the rape. Like if she wasn't pregnant and had aborted the unborn child then she would just forget about it.......

3.) Understand and accept others see it differently. You do what is right for you and i'll do what is right for me.

1.) thats fine choice if you want to make it i just dont think anyone should force you to make it
2.) thats good because that wasnt my claim, sorry if you took it that way maybe i should have been more clear, my claim is the child will remind you of the rape, period. As in more often of course, not that aborting would magically make the rape thoughts go away.

as a parent and a single parent with full custody i literally couldnt tell you how many times im asked about the mom or if its just us or how many forms(school, sports, medical for her, medical for me, insurance, hospital visits, permission slips etc etc) i have to fill out and leave that blank or choose to fill it in

my point was i know how many times im reminded her mom is a piece of **** and she wasnt a rapist nor was i raped but if i was thats countless times i "could" be remind that much more.

hopefully thats more clear ;)

3.) so you support abortion in the case of rape then

Well, here it is: You only have the right to use lethal force against another person when they are a threat to you. This principal simultaneously allows you to kill your rapist but not electively abort a resulting child, because the rapist is a threat while the unborn child is not.

That's all there is to it.

This would be a threat to the mother, which justifies abortion. Also, a rapist cannot help or hinder the health of any resulting pregnancy, so a murder charge is not appropriate.

next example is, ok she lives, now she is responsible for the product of rape [CHILD, a born and living human being] for 18 years if she doesnt give the baby up for adoption. Im sure the kid will trigger zero memories/reminders of the rape, especially if the kid looks nothign like her and looks just like the rapist
Then what are you worried about?

WHen the dad "FELONY RAPIST" gets out and he has served his time and paid his dues after probably 6 years does he get parental rights?
State laws apply. In my state, SD, that answer depends on if the woman is married. If she is, her husband has parental rights and not the rapist. If she is unmarried, the rapist can pursue parental rights, even to be updated about the pregnancy, before he's out.

if yes, are you saying the first thing the rapist gets to have is the address of the woman he raped 6 years ago?
State laws apply, there is no universal answer across the nation. In my state, if the woman is married then the rapist never gets anything, ever. If the woman is unmarried, the rapist can pursue various rights, one of which being visitation. A rape victim may or may not have a restraining order or other court order keeping the rapist from learning her adress, so the answer to your question is fact-dependent on the circumstance of each individual case.

The answer to that question is fact-dependent on the circumstance of each individual case.

The answer to that question is fact-dependent on the circumstance of each individual case.

It would be nice to read that in context. It also has something to do with the value of virgins I believe.

Carry on.

The context is if a girl is raped she has to marry the rapist. The rapist owes her father money as well.

Virginity being magic isn't relevant.

You're right. I should have not made that a blanket statement, as it wasn't intended to be one.

well that is ONE isses regardless of how the pregnancy occurs, using force is going to cost government money. ANd a sin is supposed to be a sin but some how magically its only a sin if some people say its a sin.
Also its not all people on the right/left, you should say SOME, blanket statement can get you in trouble.

Personally I would keep the baby and raise it. Having an abortion is never going to cure the fact i had been raped. I would eventually learn to live with it as awful as it would be, but there's many hurdles people overcome to survive horrible things happening to them and still live a productive life. I would suffer more mental anguish knowing that i had taken the life of my unborn child. I just couldn't do it.

I also don't buy the argument that the baby will remind you of the rape. Like if she wasn't pregnant and had aborted the unborn child then she would just forget about it.......

Understand and accept others see it differently. You do what is right for you and i'll do what is right for me.

That's called "CHOICE"... If everybody would live by your last couple of sentences (combined)...what a wonderful world it would be.

Only if she's a virgin. Today's kids are having sex at 12, and can't marry until 17, so it's a non-issue.

Non virgin singles had to get married too. No girl would say she wasn't as premarital sex for fun meant stonning.

Also they got married at 12 back then.

Rape is a legitimate way to get a hot wife in the bible.

Non virgin singles had to get married too. No girl would say she wasn't as premarital sex for fun meant stonning.

Also they got married at 12 back then.

Rape is a legitimate way to get a hot wife in the bible.
That may be, or maybe not, but as this isn't the religious forum I don't care.

That's called "CHOICE"... If everybody would live by your last couple of sentences (combined)...what a wonderful world it would be.
So you don't mind of people kill abortion doctors and bomb abortion clinics, since "that's right for them". If you don't like murder, don't do it, but never stand in the way of anyone else's right to make that same CHOICE, right?

Such silliness you pro-choicers vomit.

That may be, or maybe not, but as this isn't the religious forum I don't care.

Religion is the primary force in opposition to abortion. So their view of rape liberty and abortion is relevant.

Religion is the primary force in opposition to abortion. So their view of rape liberty and abortion is relevant.
No one is making a religious argument here. You have made a straw-man and attack it, accomplishing nothing. Congratulations on your non-victory.

So you don't mind of people kill abortion doctors and bomb abortion clinics, since "that's right for them". If you don't like murder, don't do it, but never stand in the way of anyone else's right to make that same CHOICE, right?

Such silliness you pro-choicers vomit.

Gezzzzzzzzzz, Jerry, I didn't think it possible for to :spin: your nonsense even more. But since you have... :applaud Please, no more spin, Jerry....your getting so good at it I'm almost feeling guilty for not paying for the entertainment.

No one is making a religious argument here. You have made a straw-man and attack it, accomplishing nothing. Congratulations on your non-victory.

no one has made an argument against abortion yet.

Gezzzzzzzzzz, Jerry, I didn't think it possible for to :spin: your nonsense even more. But since you have... :applaud Please, no more spin, Jerry....your getting so good at it I'm almost feeling guilty for not paying for the entertainment.
I challenge your logic and you, once again, have no counter argument. Very typical.

I challenge your logic and you, once again, have no counter argument. Very typical.

What argument? You mean argue with the spin stuff that you just keep on spinning about? Typical you, Jerry...

Back
Top Bottom