• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NKorea tensions spike at Asian security forum

American

Trump Grump Whisperer
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Link

By MATTHEW LEE, Associated Press Writer Matthew Lee, Associated Press Writer
1 hr 51 mins ago

HANOI, Vietnam – North Korea on Friday threatened the United States and South Korea with a "physical response" to planned weekend naval exercises as tensions with the communist nation rose in the aftermath of the sinking of a South Korean warship blamed on the North.
In Vietnam for a Southeast Asian regional security forum, U.S. Secretary of State Hillary Rodham Clinton and a North Korean official traded barbs over the ship incident, the upcoming military drills and the imposition of new U.S. sanctions against the North.
The spokesman for the North Korean delegation to the talks, Ri Tong Il, repeated Pyongyang's denial of responsibility for the March sinking of the ship that killed 46 South Korean sailors and said the upcoming military drills were a violation of its sovereignty that harkened back to the days of 19th-century "gunboat diplomacy."
The exercises will be "another expression of hostile policy against" North Korea. "There will be physical response against the threat imposed by the United States militarily," Ri told reporters in Hanoi.
That North Korean official better be careful, Hillary will kick his ass. One thing about Hillary Clinton, she don't take no ****. :mrgreen: He'll find out right quick about physical responses.

Last edited:
:lol: if they nuked American boats, i don't Pyongyang would be around for much longer.

Now we have a potential nuclear threat from the N Koreans.

North Korea Warns of Nuclear Response to Naval Exercises - Bloomberg

And no one around here thinks this is worth discussing. Fascinating!

Each year the U.S. holds an exercise in the summer and each year North Korea threatens physical repsonse. More sabre rattling from North Korea and nothing more. There isn't too much discussion over this because it happens each and every year the U.S. does it. The only difference this year is they throw in the the word nuclear. I would bet real money against North Korea actually doing anything.

Not defending the disgusting regime of Kim Jong-Il. But, if the North Koreans did naval exercises off of the coast of Los Angeles or New York, don't you think that the American government would threaten retaliation?

Not defending the disgusting regime of Kim Jong-Il. But, if the North Koreans did naval exercises off of the coast of Los Angeles or New York, don't you think that the American government would threaten retaliation?

We wouldn't threaten nuclear retaliation. We'd just shadow them with a carrier battlegroup and tell them "Here's a line. We advise against crossing it."

We wouldn't threaten nuclear retaliation. We'd just shadow them with a carrier battlegroup and tell them "Here's a line. We advise against crossing it."

That is true. The point that I am trying to make is, if we would condemn their exercises on our shores, why would we exercise on their shores? It just seems a bit hypocritical.

No.... we would just have to be ready to rescue all of the broken down ships. :mrgreen:

That is true. The point that I am trying to make is, if we would condemn their exercises on our shores, why would we exercise on their shores? It just seems a bit hypocritical.

Correct me if I am wrong but this exercise is with South Korea so the North is just being asses

North Korea it going to look silly when a nuke doesn't go off, but they will look wise. :mrgreen:

Back
Top Bottom