• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NJ governor rallies fellow Republicans in Iowa

ReverendHellh0und

I don't respect you.
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Libertarian
NJ governor rallies fellow Republicans in Iowa

NJ governor rallies fellow Republicans in Iowa - Yahoo! News

WEST DES MOINES, Iowa – New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie rallied conservative activists in Iowa late Monday, saying his success in a Democratic state shows his tough-talking, smaller government message resonates with all voters.
Fanning speculation that he's considering a 2012 presidential bid, the Republican spoke to about 700 people at a fundraiser for former Iowa Gov. Terry Branstad, who is challenging the Democratic incumbent for his old job back.
Christie said Republicans must deliver on their conservative promises if they gain power during the November elections. If they don't follow through, he said voters will send the GOP "to the wilderness, and they are going to send us there for a long, long time."
"As a party, it is put up or shut up time," he said.
Voters are willing to accept the political pain of deep cuts in government spending as long as they know the pain is being spread equally, Christie argued. It makes sense to shrink government in tough economic times, and politicians seem to be the last to get that message, he said.
"We lost our way a number of years ago, and we became tax and spend light," he said. "Less spending, smaller government, less regulation, smaller government — we're going to be all about that again. We have to step up and stand for those principles again."

He would have my vote in a heart beat. :thumbs:

I wish he would run for POTUS as well RH. I don't think he will though for 2012 as he has work to do in NJ, and he strikes me as the kind of guy to stick it out until his work is done.

Tim-

yeah one of his biggest tennants is he's serving for 4 years, not trying to win for 8.

yeah one of his biggest tennants is he's serving for 4 years, not trying to win for 8.

In some ways, he reminds me of Reagan, but (And if you can believe this) he's tougher than Reagan. Look, I think people respect the guy for the tough job he has, and even though many people may not like the cuts, and some of the things he's doing, they know deep down that they have to be done, and its refreshing that NJ finally has a governor that is willing to lead by example. His approval ratings in a primarily democratic state, and after all the cuts, and tough talk is amazing!

When will the Washington elites wake up? When will the GOP finally realize that Americans are ready for the tough choices? Look dude, I make a very generous salary, and I've been sucking it up with the taxes I pay for years, more than 60% of my paycheck goes to Local, State, and the Fed's, it really sucks. I've paid enough already, and it's time other people start paying for their own benefits. If they can't pay, then you don't get them. It's not my responsibility to carry the dead weight.

Tim-

Tim-

It's too bad he doesn't have a clone we could use in California to repair some of the damage our Democrat Arnold has done with the help of the idiots who actually are registered tax and spenders.

So far Christie seems to have his head on right and a straight shooter a but I want to see more of him in action before I take the plunge.

I want to see what he is doing for a while not just listening to what he has to say.

So far so good for the Gov.

Back
Top Bottom