• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

Rawlings

Banned
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor
August 20, 2013|1:21 pm

Despite his "concerns about [the] government limiting parental choice on the care and treatment of their own children," Governor Chris Christie signed into a law a ban on ex-gay therapy for minor, thereby committing an outrageous act against both the people of New Jersey and his own Catholic faith.

Buying into the standard gay activist talking points, Christie explained that "on issues of medical treatment for children we must look to experts in the field to determine the relative risks and rewards," because of which he felt this government intrusion into doctor-patient relationships was justified.

Read more at NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another clearly outrageous, unconstitutional assault on liberty!

Despite his "concerns about [the] government limiting parental choice on the care and treatment of their own children," Governor Chris Christie signed into a law a ban on ex-gay therapy for minor, thereby committing an outrageous act against both the people of New Jersey and his own Catholic faith.

Buying into the standard gay activist talking points, Christie explained that "on issues of medical treatment for children we must look to experts in the field to determine the relative risks and rewards," because of which he felt this government intrusion into doctor-patient relationships was justified.

Read more at NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

_______________________________________________________________________________________

How is it an assault on liberty when he is protecting teens from 'treatment' that is extremely harmful?

How is it an assault on liberty when he is protecting teens from 'treatment' that is extremely harmful?

Liberty for many people seems to mean some bland political slogan without careful consideration.

Harmful? Accordingly whom?! Who do you think you are? This claptrap is premised on metaphysical naturalism, humanism!

These thugs are trampling all over religious/ideological liberty, all over free-association, all over parental consent and authority.

This has to be explained you?

Some people are as dense as a pile of bricks.

Harmful? Accordingly whom?! Who do you think you are? This claptrap is premised on metaphysical naturalism, humanism!

These thugs are trampling all over religious/ideological liberty, all over free-association, all over parental consent and authority.

This has to be explained you?

Some people are as dense as a pile of bricks.

Gay therapy does not work.

"The American Psychological Association (APA) released a report yesterday firmly stating that homosexuality cannot be cured.

The report also advises that parents, young people and their families 'avoid sexual orientation treatments that portray homosexuality as a mental illness or developmental disorder." (Report: Ex-gay therapy does not work - PinkNews.co.uk)

A strange definition of "religious liberty" that entails detention of individuals and forced exposure to 'therapy' that has been shown to not only be ineffective but also mentally and in some cases physically harmful to the individual subject to the nonsense

Gay therapy does not work.

"The American Psychological Association (APA) released a report yesterday firmly stating that homosexuality cannot be cured.

The report also advises that parents, young people and their families 'avoid sexual orientation treatments that portray homosexuality as a mental illness or developmental disorder." (Report: Ex-gay therapy does not work - PinkNews.co.uk)

You're giving me links, citing articles? You think this is about whether or not some form of therapy works or not?

LOL! I know all about the humanist' perspective of reality, which includes the position of the APA.

Tell me, if you can, what are the underlying metaphysical and culture presuppositions of this view?

What of the self-evident imperatives of natural and constructional law? Your position is just another opinion. It does not trump my fundamental human rights.

You have no notion whatsoever about how frightfully tyrannical and insane your thinking is. You and people like you are driving this nation toward armed civil war, while utterly clueless all along the way.

This is going to be shot down by the Supreme Court . . . At least for now.

Zoom! Right over your head.

The law protects the emotional and psychological well being of minors. I for one, applaud him for it.

Does anyone have a link to the actual text of the law?

Are laws that prohibit the torture of children more generally discriminatory and dangerous, or is it only when religion enters the picture and the torture is for the victim's "own good" that it becomes discriminatory?

A strange definition of "religious liberty" that entails detention of individuals and forced exposure to 'therapy' that has been shown to not only be ineffective but also mentally and in some cases physically harmful to the individual subject to the nonsense

Behold the tyrannical lunacy of the left.

MY CHILDREN BELONG TO THE LIKES OF YOU RELATIVE TO HUMAN SEXUALITY?

No. Your filthy humanism is nonsense. Homosexuality is utterly pathological, the development of which, no doubt, entails genetic and/or environmental factors, and it is an abomination before God Almighty. It's none of your business how I raise my child. My fundamental rights of parental consent and authority, ideological liberty and free-association are not subject to your whim. You and people who think like you are Fascist thugs. The right to keep and bear arms is all about people like you.

You raise your children as you see fit, and mind your own business when comes to mine.

Christie is out of his mind. He’s a damn fool and a arrogant punk.

I love you in Christ Jesus, but what you're advocating is monstrous.

Actually...another relatively worthless piece of legislation passed in the name of correctness and an opportunity for Christie to continue to appeal to the center and left. This legislation does next to nothing. It doesnt prevent life coaches (non licensed) or clergy from engaging in the 'counseling'. I dont know of too many therapists that would engage in it anyway.

As I said earlier...it would be a lot more healthy for kids if both sides werent so invested in using them as pawns. Let them figure out who they are rather than try to force them into something they may or may not be.

Are laws that prohibit the torture of children more generally discriminatory and dangerous, or is it only when religion enters the picture and the torture is for the victim's "own good" that it becomes discriminatory?

You're no libertarian. What a joke.

And as opposed to what? Your religion? Your ideology? Your opinion?

Homosexuality is pathological in terms of nature and an abomination before God.

Mind your own business. Keep your filthy paws and your depravity off my children.

The text of the law is here:

The text is here:

A3371

I'm going to step out of this debate. The Bill is basically a political/social statement, provides no penalties, and does not have any effect on religious or any private individuals doing anything. In short, it does nothing really.

Mind your own business. Keep your filthy paws and your depravity off my children.
I never claimed to be libertarian. I believe in freedom of religion but I also believe in the power of the government to regulate for the public welfare, including the welfare of children. The "welfare" of children is admittedly a subjective determination, but there are certain things like murder and torture that are pretty objectively against the interests of children, and I have no problem stripping parents of their parental rights if they commit or attempt to commit such atrocities. I believe the majority and the Constitution are on my side there. As a parent, you should take note and adjust your actions accordingly.

You're no libertarian. What a joke

What a contemptible, Pharisaical little statement this is: the enemy of freedom daring to attack the lover of it as being like he is.

You're giving me links, citing articles? You think this is about whether or not some form of therapy works or not?

LOL! I know all about the humanist' perspective of reality, which includes the position of the APA.

Tell me, if you can, what are the underlying metaphysical and culture presuppositions of this view?

What of the self-evident imperatives of natural and constructional law? Your position is just another opinion. It does not trump my fundamental human rights.

You have no notion whatsoever about how frightfully tyrannical and insane your thinking is. You and people like you are driving this nation toward armed civil war, while utterly clueless all along the way.

This is going to be shot down by the Supreme Court . . . At least for now.

Yes I am citing articles because I believe in citing reliable sources and having an informed opinion based on the evidence at hand. You have showed in no way whatsoever how this infringes on liberty.

Ex-gay therapy does not work even the one who advocated the therapy stated it didn't work.

Conversion therapy advocate issues formal apology, renounces “ex-gay” past

"So in 2003, I left the public ministry and gave up my role as a spokesman for the “ex-gay movement.” I began a new journey. In the decade since, my beliefs have changed. Today, I do not consider myself “ex-gay” and I no longer support or promote the movement. Please allow me to be clear: I do not believe that reparative therapy changes sexual orientation; in fact, it does great harm to many people.

I know that countless people were harmed by things I said and did in the past,

Parents, families, and their loved ones were negatively impacted by the notion of reparative therapy and the message of change. I am truly, truly sorry for the pain I have caused."

See Reference:Conversion therapy advocate issues formal apology, renounces “ex-gay” past - Salon.com

He also said:

"From the bottom of my heart I wish I could take back my words and actions that caused anger, depression, guilt and hopelessness. In their place I want to extend love, hope, tenderness, joy and the truth that gay people are loved by God."

Well it's not surprising you being a conservative and then telling someone who shares their opinion to "go somewhere else." It's fine you disagree with homosexuality based on your fundamental religious beliefs, but you do not substantiate any claims as to how "conversion therapy is helping so-called ex-homosexuals. It just seems all you're doing here is spewing hatred and nonsense.

Tell me this, why did the guy who advocated conversion therapy changed his mind?

Think of like this if it makes you feel better....Governor Christie limiting parental "Choices" by preventing them from torturing their boy for being boys or torturing their girls by being Girls!

Of course if you and other parents enjoy tormenting your children for being born with an attribute that they had not control over and insist torturing their gayness out of them...then perhaps you should consider relocating to countries like Afghanistan, and Pakistan where killing and mutilating children is totally within your rights since as a parent, since they are noting but your property!

Diving Mullah

The text of the law is here:

The text is here:

A3371

I'm going to step out of this debate. The Bill is basically a political/social statement, provides no penalties, and does not have any effect on religious or any private individuals doing anything. In short, it does nothing really.

Only a fool or a liar would fail to grasp or acknowledge, respectively, the threat that this "political/social statement" portends for individual liberty, free association and parental consent and authority.

What a contemptible, Pharisaical little statement this is: the enemy of freedom daring to attack the lover of it as being like he is.

Behold the madness of the statist bootlick.

Think of like this if it makes you feel better....Governor Christie limiting parental "Choices" by preventing them from torturing their boy for being boys or torturing their girls by being Girls!

Of course if you and other parents enjoy tormenting your children for being born with an attribute that they had not control over and insist torturing their gayness out of them...then perhaps you should consider relocating to countries like Afghanistan, and Pakistan where killing and mutilating children is totally within your rights since as a parent, since they are noting but your property!

Diving Mullah

Governor Christie is limiting parental consent and authority. . . .

Zoom! Right over.

What a silly, bootlick conformist you are. So, my children are your property or that of the state now, eh? You accuse Christians of harming their children?!

First they came for the Christians and their children, but you did nothing. . . . Indeed, you actually chanted the hysterical, unhinged tripe about torment and torture to justify the suspension of Christians' religious liberty and parental authority--the seizure of their children, the decimation of their families. And later when they took up arms to defend themselves and their families against this outrage you joined in with the rest of the Sieg-Heiling dimwits, calling them criminals. You cheered when they were shot down in the streets or imprisoned.

Seizure of rights and children? Relocation? Reeducation?

No, punk, you leave. You're the Taliban freak, the thug, the oppressive, murderous slug. Who do you think you are? I'm an American citizen, you fascist pig, you filthy, depraved pagan whore.

I never claimed to be libertarian. I believe in freedom of religion but I also believe in the power of the government to regulate for the public welfare, including the welfare of children. The "welfare" of children is admittedly a subjective determination, but there are certain things like murder and torture that are pretty objectively against the interests of children, and I have no problem stripping parents of their parental rights if they commit or attempt to commit such atrocities. I believe the majority and the Constitution are on my side there. As a parent, you should take note and adjust your actions accordingly.

Ah! Liberaltarian. Got ya.

Don't tell me you believe in religious freedom, you two-bit-punk Jacobin, when all you're really saying is that your metaphysics, your ideology about the nature and the particulars of reality, your opinion, vetos the free exercise of my religious convictions. You're a statitst bootlick. A Nazi. How do you figure that your pagan view of human sexuality trumps the parental consent and authority of the Christian?

The Constitution is on your side? The majority? Are you really that stupid? That insane? What part of inalienable don't you understand? What part of the business end of loaded gun, the ultimate intent of the Second Amendment, the final check against thugs like you, don't you understand?

Where does it say in the Constitution that the pagan or the humanist or the naturalist has the right to overthrow the fundamental rights of Christians? Where does it say you have the right to impose your ideology or your sexual morality, such as it is, on me or my children?

How dare you speak of atrocities. As causally as a dog licks its genitals you mouth the threat of stripping those with whom you disagree of their parental rights, a threat of existential proportions to the Christian!

You're a monster and a fascist thug, morally and intellectually bankrupt.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom