• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

Actually you claimed that from the earliest days the Government gave religion wide berth, the 14th Amendment didn't pass until 1868, and not until 1964 did true equal rights for all citizens get close to reality.

When the Constitution first passed many states had a religious clause in their state constitutions, the New England area in particular, the so-called hot bed for freedom.

But over the years many laws have been passed and many precedents set where the state can and will step in voiding any so-called sacrosanct bond between parents and children. Attempting to use religion to add weight doesn't help.

Are you really this obnoxious in face to face discussions, I can't imagine so and still have all your teeth.

Obnoxious?

You filthy little creep. You would invade my home, my family. You would whisper your filth into the ears of my children, tell me what I can or cannot do with regard to their moral and spiritual well-being. . . .

You obtuse, syphilitic moron. You leftist punks are driving this nation toward civil war.

You don't know what you're talking about. This matter goes to ideological liberty, to the concerns of parental consent and authority inextricably premised on unbridgeable rights.

You drooling idiot, tens of millions of Americans will not stand for this. You're the lunatic fringe, not I.

It will not stand. It will be struck down, just like California's law will be struck down, and rightly so.

Only a two-bit-punk, statist bootlick would support this crap!

The bill is full of pseudoscientific, politically motivated, anecdotal trash regarding a matter that is infinitely more complex than idiots like you would have it and would trample not only all over the legitimate concerns of parental consent and authority but the imperatives of the patient-therapist relationship.

I repeat, Christie is a damn fool and a punk.

Thousand have happily and successfully left the practice of homosexuality. Your arguments, like the bill, are full of lies.

Whores. Jacobins. Thugs. Fascists. Liars.

Obnoxious? You filthy little creep. You would invade my home, my family. You would whisper your filth into the ears of my children, tell me what I can or cannot do with regard to their moral and spiritual well-being. . . . You obtuse, syphilitic moron. You leftist punks are driving this nation toward civil war. You don't know what you're talking about. This matter goes to ideological liberty, to the concerns of parental consent and authority inextricably premised on unbridgeable rights. You drooling idiot, tens of millions of Americans will not stand for this. You're the lunatic fringe, not I. It will not stand. It will be struck down, just like California's law will be struck down, and rightly so. Only a two-bit-punk, statist bootlick would support this crap! The bill is full of pseudoscientific, politically motivated, anecdotal trash regarding a matter that is infinitely more complex than idiots like you would have it and would trample not only all over the legitimate concerns of parental consent and authority but the imperatives of the patient-therapist relationship. I repeat, Christie is a damn fool and a punk. Thousand have happily and successfully left the practice of homosexuality. Your arguments, like the bill, are full of lies. Whores. Jacobins. Thugs. Fascists. Liars.

So I refute your claims with facts and you hurl some of the rankest of insults and personal attacks.

I have my opinion on your sanity but you are for sure on the fringe. A school system gets parental control and responsibility for your child while on school grounds or attending a school function/trip. You must teach your children to read and write or be punished by the state. You can't pray away cancer in your child and not be held accountable. you can't starve or otherwise deprive your child as 'discipline'.

I'd like you to cite your source for the 'thousands who have happily and successfully left the practice of homosexuality' and a long term follow up to see how long 'the cure' lasted.

Can the government intervene when a parent starves or beats his child?

What is your point, jackass? Therefore you have the right to impose your morality on me and my household?

Punk. Thug. Whore. Fascists. Nazi. Statist Booklick.

Behold the tyrannical lunacy of the left.

MY CHILDREN BELONG TO THE LIKES OF YOU RELATIVE TO HUMAN SEXUALITY?

No. Your filthy humanism is nonsense. Homosexuality is utterly pathological, the development of which, no doubt, entails genetic and/or environmental factors, and it is an abomination before God Almighty. It's none of your business how I raise my child. My fundamental rights of parental consent and authority, ideological liberty and free-association are not subject to your whim. You and people who think like you are Fascist thugs. The right to keep and bear arms is all about people like you.

You raise your children as you see fit, and mind your own business when comes to mine.

Christie is out of his mind. He’s a damn fool and a arrogant punk.

I love you in Christ Jesus, but what you're advocating is monstrous.

Do you think it is OK to beat your child because they are yours?

Does the government have any place in protecting children from parents who will do them harm?

Yes. Because while homosexuality may be abnormal (the the degree that it just "isn't normal" - it's no more abnormal that being a combat wounded veteran, or a starting quarterback in the NFL, or the CEO of a Fortune 500 company) it's certainly not depraved.

God.

God told me that homosexuality isn't depraved.

I didn't read it in an ancient book, mind you.

God spoke directly to me while I was at prayer and revealed to me that homosexuality is simple, natural human variation and that it's part of his plan.

God also told me to prepare to rid the country and the world of those hate mongering tyrants who would persecute his homosexual creations in the name of their false and offensive pseudo-Christian beliefs.

God told me that I could kill you warped antichrists and then he'll burn you.

I don't see why gayness isn't seen for what it is.

It is Gods way of controlling the population. If every human had babies they would overrun the earth and everthing would die.

If you believe in religion, that is as a good explanation as any.

I don't see why gayness isn't seen for what it is.

It is Gods way of controlling the population. If every human had babies they would overrun the earth and everthing would die.

If you believe in religion, that is as a good explanation as any.

God needs to hurry his ass up and start making a whole lot more gay Chinese and Indians.

God needs to hurry his ass up and start making a whole lot more gay Chinese and Indians.

Well the straight ones more tan make up for the gay ones.

His plan was a bit flawed.

What’s your point?

Homosexuality is contrary to nature. It's pathological. It's an abomination. It's evil. It's depravity, perversion. It's sin and death. All those who claim otherwise are liars and fools.

Unconditional love is not the removal of shame and guilt for depravity.

I wouldn’t expect that any therapy intended to change the sexual inclinations for those born with a profound genetic predisposition for homosexuality to be successful. From the Christian perspective, in my opinion, the goal of the therapy should be to determine the impetus of the person's homosexual inclination and minister to him accordingly.

Thousands of persons have renounced homosexuality and proclaimed Christ to be their Lord and Savior. Many of them have in fact been delivered from homosexuality by God and live normal heterosexual lives today. Others are not attracted to the opposite sex and never will be. They live celibate, yet fulfilled lives in Christ Jesus, faithful to God's word, knowing that their inclination is pathological and sinful. They live above and beyond it. They do not give place to it.

It's not the state's business. Those who argue otherwise are statist bootlicks, strangers via the state trying to reach out and touch the hearts and minds of children that are not their own in ways they would never tolerate for one second from others. They are thugs who will never understand anything but the business end of a loaded gun pointed at their stupid heads.
The point is very direct. If your kids reject your teaching, what are you going to do? Oh...and BTW...being a dick parent...thats actually a pretty sure fire way to set them on the path of disagreeing with you.

By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor
August 20, 2013|1:21 pm

Despite his "concerns about [the] government limiting parental choice on the care and treatment of their own children," Governor Chris Christie signed into a law a ban on ex-gay therapy for minor, thereby committing an outrageous act against both the people of New Jersey and his own Catholic faith.

Buying into the standard gay activist talking points, Christie explained that "on issues of medical treatment for children we must look to experts in the field to determine the relative risks and rewards," because of which he felt this government intrusion into doctor-patient relationships was justified.

Read more at NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another clearly outrageous, unconstitutional assault on liberty!

The ignorance in this post is astounding. What Christie did was protect children from being subjected to harmful potentially abusive actions. It is akin to laws against child abuse. If parents are going to attempt to subject their children to this kind of thing, it is WELL within the bounds of the government to do something.

Btw... this has been covered in another thread... conversion therapy has been shown to be harmful and ineffective through an examination of the research.

Once again Gov. Chris Christie demonstrates that unlike most politicians, he does have a brain and knows how to use it.

What is your point, jackass? Therefore you have the right to impose your morality on me and my household?

Punk. Thug. Whore. Fascists. Nazi. Statist Booklick.

I think his point was that child abuse is wrong and unlawful.

Not that hard.

You can tell fright-wing loons are worried about C. Christie. And just on Chris "Chameleon" Matthews-LA Repups blame Obama more than Bush for the poor response to Katrina, though Obama was 3 years away from POTUSA. Repups do know their clientele.
How is it an assault on liberty when he is protecting teens from 'treatment' that is extremely harmful?

By Michael Brown, CP Op-Ed Contributor
August 20, 2013|1:21 pm

Despite his "concerns about [the] government limiting parental choice on the care and treatment of their own children," Governor Chris Christie signed into a law a ban on ex-gay therapy for minor, thereby committing an outrageous act against both the people of New Jersey and his own Catholic faith.

Buying into the standard gay activist talking points, Christie explained that "on issues of medical treatment for children we must look to experts in the field to determine the relative risks and rewards," because of which he felt this government intrusion into doctor-patient relationships was justified.

Read more at NJ Gov Chris Christie Signs Dangerous Homosexual Discrimination Bill Into Law

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Another clearly outrageous, unconstitutional assault on liberty!

Part of conservatism is to dictate to others what they can and cannot do, and it's the same world wide. The mindset on display here ...is exactly how people in the TALIBAN thinks. They feel they ...and only them know what's right for them ...and for you. For example when you hear a guy in Afghanistan say ...it's wrong for women to be educated ....his mindset is exactly the same as the author of this post.

LOL right, telling parents they can't torment their kids over something they're born with is an "assault on liberty." Maybe if these parents were sterilized, as some of them surely deserve and society would be much better off for, you would have a point.

Some sickos think it's ok to abuse children (even worse, some do it in the name of God). What is the prohibition of child abuse if not the imposition of an objective and reasoned view of morality on families? Based on what you've said in this thread, I can only assume you also support the "liberty" of parents to starve and abuse, perhaps even murder their children.

Also, you're just repeating epithets now. Go buy a thesaurus or something.

Last edited:
I always find it sad when people cry and scream about the rights of parents but care nothing for the rights of children. Especially when it comes to keeping children ignorant and abusing them for the sake of religious indoctrination. Isn't it odd how no group besides the religious wackos find themselves in this predicament?

What in the world are you talking about? You’ve misread/misunderstood something.

As far as I can tell, he's a fool and a liar insofar as he imagines that the practice of homosexuality is normal or moral.

First, you say it's fine that I hold homosexuality to be sinful, presumably, on the grounds of religious liberty. . . then you go on about my supposed spewing of hatred and nonsense.

*crickets chirping*

I don't have to justify anything to you. The matter goes to natural and constitutional law. I haven't as yet shared my view about so-called conversion therapy, and you have absolutely no idea what I have in mind in that wise.

As for the theological/doctrinal: homosexuality is contrary to nature. It's pathological. It's an abomination. It's evil. It's depravity, perversion. It's the oppression and intolerance of hatred. It's sin and death.

What's at stake here are the fundamental human rights of individual liberty, free-association and parental consent and authority relative to the imperatives of moral, religious and/or ideological decision.

Who do you think you are? Hmm? Your blather, your worldview rests on a metaphysical presupposition about the nature of reality. Where do you get off demanding that others justify their worldview and what's best for their children accordingly relative to the supposedly unimpeachable claims and opinions of your worldview?

No, you explain to me why the government is justified to systematically define our fundamental liberties out of existence via some opinion or another premised on what is nothing more than YOUR NATURALISTIC WORDLVIEW OF REALITY.

Rawlings either you're really stupid or playing like one that is really stupid. The guy that advocated this therapy apologized and admitted wrong and even if he was lying he made a terrible move on making an public apology. I guess you want to skip over that though right?

Back
Top Bottom