• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nipples!!

Lutherf

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
A pair of these are quite nice

thrd_761269001923.jpg

These are small but perky!

41Vs62hWd6L._AA160_.jpg

Let's see your preference!!

Ha ha ha ha

transparent

Dang- I was sooooo looking forward to a plumbing thread. ;)

Dang- I was sooooo looking forward to a plumbing thread. ;)

That may have been a more titillating thread. Especially when we get to sweating the pipe.

sweating-pipe-hd-0407-de.jpg

I did not even click on this thread to see what it was about.

I'm glad you got it- I should have given my pic a title. :lol:

Oh, I got it...

You had a small but firm one in the pic. Just the way I like them. Easier to manipulate and takes less dope to keep it in place. :slapme:

If you've ever tried to get your hose on a nipple....

brass_hose_barbs_nipples.jpg

A neat plastic sheath will keep them clean in the filthiest places.

cws36_zpsa7d510d0.jpg

It's real important to remember to be careful handling a hose while crimping and clamping. You certainly don't want to damage it.

It's real important to remember to be careful handling a hose while crimping and clamping. You certainly don't want to damage it.

I'm not sure "crimp and clamp" are terms many would enjoy... :doh

I'm not sure "crimp and clamp" are terms many would enjoy... :doh
The hose needs to fit like a glove and secured if it is going to function properly and sometime that requires a clamp to tighten things down so that all works effectively.

The hose needs to fit like a glove and secured if it is going to function properly and sometime that requires a clamp to tighten things down so that all works effectively.

That's why you have lips...

That's why you have lips...

exactly! The ferrule lips must be aligned with the hose.

. If the hose does not have a straight end on one end, the ends will need to have the proper “clocking” in relation to each other so that they line up with the fittings without putting a twist or kink in the hose. Do not attempt to adjust without first loosening nipple hex.
Then it is time to pressure test the hose and inspect for cleanliness. If you don’t pressure test and clean now, you will eventually install one or more hoses without doing it at all. Ideally, pressure test should be at least one and a half times the hose’s maximum rated operating pressure, preferably double. However, since most people do not have access to a hydraulic pressure tester, testing with shop air (100 PSI minimum) will probably be adequate. Either put the hose under water or spray it with a soapy water solution and watch for bubbles. Clean the inside of a hose assembly by flushing with clean solvent then blowing out with air.

Back
Top Bottom