• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nikki Haley claims 'America is not racist,' later says she 'faced discrimination'

Rogue Valley

Lead or get out of the way
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
Nikki Haley claims 'America is not racist,' later says she 'faced discrimination'

images

8/25/20
Nikki Haley, the former ambassador to the United Nations, made contradictory statements on race while speaking Monday, the first night of the Republican National Convention. Haley, whose parents are immigrants from India, said during her speech that “America is not a racist country.” Moments later, she said her family faced discrimination. “In much of the Democratic Party, it's now fashionable to say that America is racist. That is a lie. America is not a racist country,” Haley, the former Republican governor of South Carolina, said. She added shortly after that she is the “proud daughter” of Indian immigrants, pointing out that her father wore a turban and her mother wore a sari. Haley, whose parents are Sikh has, on several occasions, dealt with racism in both her personal and political lives. Haley has drawn criticism in the past for equating the Confederate flag with "service and sacrifice and heritage" in the wake of the 2015 Charleston, South Carolina shooting, when nine Black people were shot in a church. Following the incident, Democrat Dick Harpootlian, a South Carolina state senator and then-party chairman, accused Haley of invoking her race when convenient. “Haley has been appearing on television interviews where she calls herself a minority — when it suits her,” he said. “When she registers to vote she says she is white. She has developed a pattern of saying whatever is beneficial to her at the moment.”

"America is not racist" is a GOP propaganda point: it makes racist voters feel OK about voting for an obviously racist POTUS. Nikki Haley knows this. But she is so obsessed with power and fame she would say anything if she thought it would get her ahead.

Although she sells herself as a Sikh and a "brown girl", in 2011 it was discovered that Nikki Haley had registered as “white” on her 2001 voter registration card. She also changed her name. Her real name is Nimrata. Nikki Haley is whitewashing her own history. America is not racist but you faced racism? Pick a side of your mouth to talk out of Nikki.

It is not racist is you can pass as Caucasian

Nikki Haley is just as much of a fraud as Trump, makes sense that this is happening... in a sad sort of way.

Its funny how you people cant understand basic concepts.

America is not a nation of idiotic leftist douchebags. That doesnt mean there arent a ton of idiotic leftist douchebags in America.

I don't know which is more sad, the fact that they're oblivious to their illogical arguments or that their supporters will defend both side of the dichotomy.

images

"America is not racist" is a GOP propaganda point: it makes racist voters feel OK about voting for an obviously racist POTUS. Nikki Haley knows this. But she is so obsessed with power and fame she would say anything if she thought it would get her ahead.

Although she sells herself as a Sikh and a "brown girl", in 2011 it was discovered that Nikki Haley had registered as “white” on her 2001 voter registration card. She also changed her name. Her real name is Nimrata. Nikki Haley is whitewashing her own history. America is not racist but you faced racism? Pick a side of your mouth to talk out of Nikki.

How easily she can look straight into the camera and lie.

Biography: "Nikki Haley was born to a single mother living in an impoverished neighborhood in Bamberg, South Carolina. She walked 3 miles to school each day starting when she was five years old. She excelled in her studies and after high school went on to become a lawyer earning her degree at the prestigious Harvard School of Law."

Okay that was the fake bio, I made it all up, now the real biography;

Nikki Haley was born in Bamberg, South Carolina, (that part was true) Her father is a Professor and her mother an Attorney. Nikki Haley was raised in a very well-to-do, affluent family. She attended an expensive private Preparatory School and graduated from Clemson University with a degree in accounting.

There's absolutely nothing I despise more than people that use their 'color' as a tool to manipulate people, specifically non-whites. It's like saying "you're dumb enough to believe that I'm not white and look how great I did on my own despite my trials and tribulations". This is probably the most blatant attempt at manipulation of minorities that I've seen in this convention.

America is not a nation of idiotic leftist douchebags. That doesnt mean there arent a ton of idiotic leftist douchebags in America.

I agree.

Not all conservatives are racists. I would say most are not.

But virtually all racists are conservatives.

America is a very racist country.

The treatment of blacks and anyone not from here is deplorable.

images

I’m really tired of listening to crap about how one instance of racism brands a person and a nation as being totally and incorrigibly racist. I’m also tired of people ascribing race as a primary factor in every bad thing that happens to any person of color.

Instead of trying to banish all sin from the world I would recommend that people start looking at ways they can overcome their failings, learn to forgive the failings of others and start to show some real love for their fellow man.

So do you leftists have any choice words to describe Tim Scott, Hershel Walker, and the many other African-Americans that spoke in favor of Trump? Let's hear it. Can't wait!

America is a very racist country.

The treatment of blacks and anyone not from here is deplorable.
America is not a racist country. That doesnt mean some people arent racist.

54% of black Americans in this country thrive. The vast majority of black Americans that do not thrive live in democrat run rat infested ****holes that have destroyed the black American community. You want solutions to what you deem as racism...start there. Otherwise you are just pissing in a windstorm.

I agree.

Not all conservatives are racists. I would say most are not.

But virtually all racists are conservatives.
Every rat run rat infested ****hole in this country that has ****ed over the black American community is run by leftist democrats. The people you adore and vote for have ****ed over the black American community in ways your party Klan ancestry could only dream of.

Its funny how you people cant understand basic concepts. America is not a nation of idiotic leftist douchebags. That doesnt mean there arent a ton of idiotic leftist douchebags in America.

It's sad how some on the rabid right can't understand basic concepts. Since the founding of our nation racism has been supported by those claiming all men are created equal. Racism has been codified by US law. Comparing being forced to pay social security tax doesn't come close to being forced to do field work for just room and board. No where has the left demanded certain groups not be allowed to marry or have the same protections under the law. Institutional racism doesn't just disappear (funny how the rabid right thinks everything they wish to deny just disappears like they think Covid will) because Obam was elected President- if anything the racists became more agitated and reactionary... :doh

Sure there are many leftists in the nation, been here for years- but they are a tiny group compared to the crap ton of racists our nation is still infected with... :peace

It's sad how some on the rabid right can't understand basic concepts. Since the founding of our nation racism has been supported by those claiming all men are created equal. Racism has been codified by US law. Comparing being forced to pay social security tax doesn't come close to being forced to do field work for just room and board. No where has the left demanded certain groups not be allowed to marry or have the same protections under the law. Institutional racism doesn't just disappear (funny how the rabid right thinks everything they wish to deny just disappears like they think Covid will) because Obam was elected President- if anything the racists became more agitated and reactionary... :doh

Sure there are many leftists in the nation, been here for years- but they are a tiny group compared to the crap ton of racists our nation is still infected with... :peace
Its tragic that in 2020, you are still a slave. More so because your massa is all in your head.

images

How is it contradictory to say a country is not racist but an individual is?

Its tragic that in 2020, you are still a slave. More so because your massa is all in your head.

It's tragic that in 2020 some still defend institutional racism, deflect to a political movement instead of addressing the issue. Belief in progressive politics doesn't equate to ignoring racism and pretending it's political based. Racists don't care about the party name- just do they allow, or turn a blind eye to it for the racists continuing to vote for that party- done by the democrats after the Civil War and republicans after 1964- mainstreamed by Reagan in the 80's...

No denying there are liberals in this country but to pretend they somehow are the same 'evil' as racists and in the same numbers is absurd... :peace

How is it contradictory to say a country is not racist but an individual is?

Ahhh, when one sort of individual faces racism continually in many daily events and another sort of individual has no clue it goes on.... :peace

It's tragic that in 2020 some still defend institutional racism, deflect to a political movement instead of addressing the issue. Belief in progressive politics doesn't equate to ignoring racism and pretending it's political based. Racists don't care about the party name- just do they allow, or turn a blind eye to it for the racists continuing to vote for that party- done by the democrats after the Civil War and republicans after 1964- mainstreamed by Reagan in the 80's...

No denying there are liberals in this country but to pretend they somehow are the same 'evil' as racists and in the same numbers is absurd... :peace
Show me an instance of institutional racism and I will work with you to end it. The only institutional racism that occurs in this country is the governance of major cities by the democrat party...the people you vote for.

So do you leftists have any choice words to describe Tim Scott, Hershel Walker, and the many other African-Americans that spoke in favor of Trump? Let's hear it. Can't wait!

I can literally count the number of black trump supporters on my finger.

No candidate ever receives 100% support from a demographic group.

America is not a racist country. That doesnt mean some people arent racist.

54% of black Americans in this country thrive. The vast majority of black Americans that do not thrive live in democrat run rat infested ****holes that have destroyed the black American community. You want solutions to what you deem as racism...start there. Otherwise you are just pissing in a windstorm.

you do not live in reality. Imagine if you had a black son. You're advice would put his life in danger.

images

That immediately jumped out to me as well. Obviously her definition of what the word "racist" means is different than the one most of us are familiar with.

i have no idea why more black folks don't vote for Republicans.

you do not live in reality. Imagine if you had a black son. You're advice would put his life in danger.
:lamo

Bull****

If I had a black son I would give my black son the same advice I'd give my white son. Dont commit crimes, dont be a scumbag. If you get pulled over by the cops take your ticket and be respectful. If you are being arrested, dont fight with the cop, fight it in court.

If you ****ing people would ever bother to read actual facts and know what the **** you were talking about with regard to police shootings, you PROBABLY wouldnt keep making such stupid comments.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

images

Are you QUESTIONING the ORANGE™ GLOW OF TRUTH™?!?

After the election, the re-education camps will fix your TDS!

Heil Trump®! Heil Trump® Heil Trump®! #MAGA™ #Winning®

images

The two claims are far from mutually exclusive.

Back
Top Bottom