• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nikki Haley claims 'America is not racist,' later says she 'faced discrimination'

Nimrata claims she experienced racism growing up because she is a brown girl.

But then she claims to be "white" on her voter registration and looks America in the eye and says America is not a racist country.

She wants it each way. A lying two-faced politician.

Nikki Haley claims 'America is not racist,' later says she 'faced discrimination'

images

"America is not racist" is a GOP propaganda point: it makes racist voters feel OK about voting for an obviously racist POTUS. Nikki Haley knows this. But she is so obsessed with power and fame she would say anything if she thought it would get her ahead.

Although she sells herself as a Sikh and a "brown girl", in 2011 it was discovered that Nikki Haley had registered as “white” on her 2001 voter registration card. She also changed her name. Her real name is Nimrata. Nikki Haley is whitewashing her own history. America is not racist but you faced racism? Pick a side of your mouth to talk out of Nikki.

She is right.

America in general is not racist. There are people that live in america that are racist but you get there everywhere you go.
that in and of itself does not make america racist.

Every rat run rat infested ****hole in this country that has ****ed over the black American community is run by leftist democrats. The people you adore and vote for have ****ed over the black American community in ways your party Klan ancestry could only dream of.

OK, Boomer.

It is not racist is you can pass as Caucasian

Yep, turned herself into a white girl, and no more racism..... why can't the other minorities just figure that out and get in line.

:lamo

Bull****

If I had a black son I would give my black son the same advice I'd give my white son. Dont commit crimes, dont be a scumbag. If you get pulled over by the cops take your ticket and be respectful. If you are being arrested, dont fight with the cop, fight it in court.

If you ****ing people would ever bother to read actual facts and know what the **** you were talking about with regard to police shootings, you PROBABLY wouldnt keep making such stupid comments.
https://www.washingtonpost.com/graphics/investigations/police-shootings-database/

What are you going to tell your black son when he gets pulled over for being black?

You do realize blacks get arrested and assaulted simply for being black, right?

images

"America is not racist" is a GOP propaganda point: it makes racist voters feel OK about voting for an obviously racist POTUS. Nikki Haley knows this. But she is so obsessed with power and fame she would say anything if she thought it would get her ahead.

Although she sells herself as a Sikh and a "brown girl", in 2011 it was discovered that Nikki Haley had registered as “white” on her 2001 voter registration card. She also changed her name. Her real name is Nimrata. Nikki Haley is whitewashing her own history. America is not racist but you faced racism? Pick a side of your mouth to talk out of Nikki.

To be fair, the question "is America racist" is nonsensical. It's not a Boolean condition. If there is one racist action, does that make the country racist? If there is one person who is not racist, does that make it not racist, of course it's a matter of degree, and whether society broadly agrees to condemn racism and take measures to reduce it. Not ask 'is the country racist, yes or no'.

images

She was so much smarter when she was breathing. Having her nose up Trump's ass is blocking the oxygen to her brain.

I’m really tired of listening to crap about how one instance of racism brands a person and a nation as being totally and incorrigibly racist. I’m also tired of people ascribing race as a primary factor in every bad thing that happens to any person of color.

Instead of trying to banish all sin from the world I would recommend that people start looking at ways they can overcome their failings, learn to forgive the failings of others and start to show some real love for their fellow man.

Thanks for sharing your white fragility, but its not the point of the the thread.

To be fair, the question "is America racist" is nonsensical. It's not a Boolean condition. If there is one racist action, does that make the country racist? If there is one person who is not racist, does that make it not racist, of course it's a matter of degree, and whether society broadly agrees to condemn racism and take measures to reduce it. Not ask 'is the country racist, yes or no'.

But then again, much of this country refuses to take those measures to reduce it. reforming the police being the prevailing example.

America is not a racist country. That doesnt mean some people arent racist.

54% of black Americans in this country thrive. The vast majority of black Americans that do not thrive live in democrat run rat infested ****holes that have destroyed the black American community. You want solutions to what you deem as racism...start there. Otherwise you are just pissing in a windstorm.

Blacks may be thriving, but they still have just a fraction of the wealth as whites.

Thanks for sharing your white fragility, but its not the point of the the thread.

I understand that. Your point is to promote hatred and mistrust, not resolve those issues. I'm merely opposing that principle.

I understand that. Your point is to promote hatred and mistrust, not resolve those issues. I'm merely opposing that principle.

The point is to show the contradiction in her speech. It seemed to have triggered you.

Haley is correct. Racism exists, always has existed and always will exist, but racism does not define America, and it has no legitimate place here.

Blacks may be thriving, but they still have just a fraction of the wealth as whites.
:lamo

Dood, YOU have a fraction of the wealth whites have. Its both tragic and pathetic that you cant see the stupidity of your mindless racist rhetoric.

Show me an instance of institutional racism and I will work with you to end it. The only institutional racism that occurs in this country is the governance of major cities by the democrat party...the people you vote for.

Try 'GOOGLE'... :roll:

Study after study shows there is a YUGE difference between black offenders' sentences and white for the same crime. Try pulling your head out of the sand and checking for yourself. Problem with this attempt to nullify facts is each fact is dismissed as a 'one-off' and not a systemic bias...

The rabid right loves blaming the party attempting to keep people above the poverty line when it comes to urban assistance (but ignore the fact most welfare moms live in rural republican areas) Both areas have the same economic issues - lack of employment opportunities that raise the family above the poverty line. the system is stacked against the urban population is several unique ways. Our infrastructure is set up for workers owning their transportation, our public transportation from inner city to suburban factories and jobs is severely limited. In cities the ability to afford a car and the place to park it is cost prohibitive for all but the most wealthy- even densely populated bedroom townships that but up to the major city have parking problems.

One solution is building low cost housing and the government using section 8 housing vouchers near employment hot-spots.

tRump and his crew decry such a move as destroying suburbia and a threat to suburban housewives... :doh

Work on that if you are serious about fighting systemic racism.

It looks like local governments are working on LE bias. I have seen first hand how differently many LE types treat my black veteran friend and myself (we both have the flag on our license to denote vet) The ONLY time I was asked to step out of a vehicle as the passenger was when he was driving and the stop was for a dirty rear tag the cop claimed couldn't be read. Before all that the cop asked my buddy all manner of questions about destination and how he knew me (I was asked the same thing once out of the vehicle and away from my bud. Another friend was stopped and his vehicle searched because the cop detected the scent of pot. I know this guy, he loves his rap music but doesn't drink or smoke- no wat was there any 'scent'

I know the rabid right will excuse, deflect, ignore- the rest of us should stop and give this a bit of thought... :peace

But then again, much of this country refuses to take those measures to reduce it. reforming the police being the prevailing example.

Agreed. But even 'reform' is not a Boolean, either. It'll always be a matter of how much they do to make it work. There will usually be some things they do, and some things they don't.

Back
Top Bottom