• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nike Reports Massive Growth in Sales and Stock Since Debuting Colin Kaepernick Ad

Look folks, there should be enough horse sense laying around still in the Failing West that we can figure out it is a really bad idea to be encouraging corporations to the taking of EVEN MORE power in this society.

Sure they offer to build you a UTOPIA, But they are not your friend nor do they desire to be, they are here to suck up ever more wealth and power.

When they are done you will be in chains, you will properly serve your owners as Carlin called them.

What passes for education today.....

Last edited:
Um earnings??? It's like you didn't even read it.

Um stock?? It’s like you didn’t even read the OP title or the articles title.

Nike’s earnings are because of increased market share due to under armours failures

Um stock?? It’s like you didn’t even read the OP title or the articles title.

Nike’s earnings are because of increased market share due to under armours failures

Their stock went up after the ads were released and after the first drop. They beat their estimates too. It's a win for Nike and Kaepernick helped. No question about it.

Their stock went up after the ads were released and after the first drop. They beat their estimates too. It's a win for Nike and Kaepernick helped. No question about it.

Nike’s stock is worth less now than the day before the ad was announced that’s not a win. Unless you have the same definition of winning as Trump...

Nike’s stock is worth less now than the day before the ad was announced that’s not a win. Unless you have the same definition of winning as Trump...

Growth in sales seems pretty accurate to me. :shrug:

Earnings per share: 52 cents vs. 46 cents expected
Revenue: $9.37 billion vs. $9.18 billion expected

Look folks, there should be enough horse sense laying around still in the Failing West that we can figure out it is a really bad idea to be encouraging corporations to the taking of EVEN MORE power in this society.

Sure they offer to build you a UTOPIA, But they are not your friend nor do they desire to be, they are here to suck up ever more wealth and power.

When they are done you will be in chains, you will properly serve your owners as Carlin called them.

You don't like corporate power, so you voted for Trump? What's the logic there? "I don't like corporate power, so I'm going to vote for a very rich head of a corporation to lead us?"

You don't like corporate power, so you voted for Trump? What's the logic there? "I don't like corporate power, so I'm going to vote for a very rich head of a corporation to lead us?"

Trump is a Maverick successful hustler rich enough to not need to knuckle under to the immoral and incompetent elite class who are abusing this nation by driving it in their preferred direction without the consent of the people as the institutions have been allowed to rot from neglect .......and he is ornery enough to take them on head to head.....no one else has ever offered to deal with the problem.

We sent Trump to Washington with the instructions "Fix it if you can, burn it down if you cant, because we are done"

Burn Baby Burn, and every day more people wake up to how badly America's elite have failed the nation.

TRUMP IS CHEMO

Trump is a Maverick successful hustler rich enough to not need to knuckle under to the immoral and incompetent elite class who are abusing this nation by driving it in their preferred direction without the consent of the people as the institutions have been allowed to rot from neglect .......and he is ornery enough to take them on head to head.....no one else has ever offered to deal with the problem.

We sent Trump to Washington with the instructions "Fix it if you can, burn it down if you cant, because we are done"

Burn Baby Burn, and every day more people wake up to how badly America's elite have failed the nation.

TRUMP IS CHEMO

I know The propaganda. I'm just saying that his whole experience was corporate. Everything he did was in that setting. He IS part of the elite that you say wrecked things.

I know The propaganda. I'm just saying that his whole experience was corporate. Everything he did was in that setting. He IS part of the elite that you say wrecked things.

Who cares where he came from, he understood the problem and was willing to go to war against it, he is the only one who ever has offered, he was our guy.

And he has performed awesome, better than I ever hoped for.

EDIT: The corporate class driven corruption of government for power and profit and the driving of inequality and the exploitation of labor by the corporate class are huge problems, but also we are dealing with so much more failure from the elites.......damn near nothing works and the Left is driving to UTOPIA without proper consent...that is abuse...and the Republicans had become lying cucks to the left.... Trump gets it....and is willing to fight against it. You are looking too small bore.

Last edited:
The guys running Nike are probably pretty smart. They made a bet: as the US declines, the number of its young people who sense this, and look to psychologically leave the sinking ship, will grow. Know your market. (How wonderfully ironic it is to see a soulless corporation, which would happily make leather for its boots from the skins of Bangladeshi children, pretending to honor 'risk taking'. And even more wonderful to see morons falling for this.)

Of course Nike's customers will need some rationale for hating their own country, and the 'racism' nonsense is as good as any. Whether or not Nike wins the bet this time, they'll probably win it in the future, when these same young people, now grown older, are working for Chinese corporations and singing the praises of their new masters, and Nike is manufacturing the appropriate gear for their new enthusiasm.

The guys running Nike are probably pretty smart. They made a bet: as the US declines, the number of its young people who sense this, and look to psychologically leave the sinking ship, will grow. Know your market. (How wonderfully ironic it is to see a soulless corporation, which would happily make leather for its boots from the skins of Bangladeshi children, pretending to honor 'risk taking'. And even more wonderful to see morons falling for this.)

Of course Nike's customers will need some rationale for hating their own country, and the 'racism' nonsense is as good as any. Whether or not Nike wins the bet this time, they'll probably win it in the future, when these same young people, now grown older, are working for Chinese corporations and singing the praises of their new masters, and Nike is manufacturing the appropriate gear for their new enthusiasm.

Racism is not nonsense. It is very real. See the "fine people" from Charlottesville.

Back
Top Bottom