• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nightmarish Hospital Visit Capped by Beating, Accident Victim Says

danarhea

Slayer of the DP Newsbot
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (CN) - A man who was hurt in a car crash but was misidentified as a cancer patient claims security guards at Prince George's Hospital beat him up when he tried to leave the hospital to avoid chest surgery he didn't need - "to have a potentially cancerous mass removed from his chest." He adds that one guard repeatedly called him "bitch" as he roughed him up.

You absolutely have to read the rest of this story. You will not believe what happened. I am glad I know about this hospital, though. If I am ever in an accident in Upper Marlboro, MD, I will be sure to pick another hospital, quack, or even a veterinarian to treat me before I go there. LOL.

Article is here.

This situation is completely whack. Only police detained patients are not allowed to leave the hospital. The hospital is going to lose this suit. I hope they learn a lesson about what kind of security guards they are going to hire as replacements. The two stooges need some downtime in the pen.

Those guards need frontal lobotomies.....

That's shocking - it's a hospital, not a bar.
Just ??? Absolutely ridiculous!

Jail is in order - in prison the bouncers can beat up people all they want.

Holy ****ing hell. :shock: That's ****ing insane!

Hospital staff can't stop ANYONE from leaving and denying treatment, unless they think they're mentally unfit. All he has to do is sign out AMA.

You sure this guy didn't land in a mental institution? Even then,these wannabee Gestapo agents couldn't treat a mental patient like that.

You sure this guy didn't land in a mental institution? Even then,these wannabee Gestapo agents couldn't treat a mental patient like that.

If a veterinarian treated a dog like that, he would be in jail for cruelty to animals.

I'm not throwing a flag on the field - questioning the legitimacy of this entire situation 'happening'

#1 - there are NO reports of eye-witnesses confirming the story. He was in a room/hall/ward - and no one else was there to come forward?

#2 - he STAYED THERE for 3 more days (I actually didn't read the last 4 paragraphs of the article yesterday because i had to go to class) - Who the **** stays in a place like this -a fter this happening - for 3 days?
"Mr. Wheeler spent the next three days at St. Mary's Hospital and was diagnosed with four broken ribs, a sprained shoulder, a ruptured spleen, and a concussion," he says.

He stayed there *which means* that his uninjured and knowledgeable eye-witness wife did NOTHING.

She didn't go to the cops - which would have been my first reaction. . . what did she do?

I honestly don't believe this occurred as reported . .. unless someone can present evidence otherwise.

I'm not throwing a flag on the field - questioning the legitimacy of this entire situation 'happening'

#1 - there are NO reports of eye-witnesses confirming the story. He was in a room/hall/ward - and no one else was there to come forward?

#2 - he STAYED THERE for 3 more days (I actually didn't read the last 4 paragraphs of the article yesterday because i had to go to class) - Who the **** stays in a place like this -a fter this happening - for 3 days?

He stayed there *which means* that his uninjured and knowledgeable eye-witness wife did NOTHING.

She didn't go to the cops - which would have been my first reaction. . . what did she do?

I honestly don't believe this occurred as reported . .. unless someone can present evidence otherwise.

I have my doubts that it occured too. However, St. Mary's hospital (where he stayed for three days) was different than the hopsital the incident occured at. After the incident occured, the guy left and went to a different hopsital, St. Marys.

I have my doubts that it occured too. However, St. Mary's hospital (where he stayed for three days) was different than the hopsital the incident occured at. After the incident occured, the guy left and went to a different hopsital, St. Marys.

You're right! My bad - he did relocated to St. Mary's.

But, still - I question this - any eye-witnesses? I'm not seeing the mention of any. . . so the only evidence he has is different ID bracelet? Not hard to fudge . . . I hope he has more proof.

Was he not trying to tell staff that he's not a cancer patient and that there is no mass to be removed? I don't understand how something this outrageous could happen. Sounds more like something I'd expect to happen in China or some other developing nation.

I have been visiting a patient at the biggest local hospital in my area this week. It is amazing how much hospital care has changed since my last visits last November.

First of all, the hospital is understaffed with nurses. The nurses there actually run most of the time trying to care for the patients.

Doctors seldom make patient visits.

The necessary health information about the patient is often overlooked. I am talking serious stuff like lack of insulin and prescription medicines that the patient was on before entering the hospital.

The last visit to the patient I was seeing needed new tape to hold in her IV needle. The nurse told me that she could not find any tape. The IV did not get taped until I went to another ward to borrow some for the ward the patient was in.

I intend to stop at a drug store this morning to buy them some tape.

If you have a loved one in the hospital it is a good idea to stay there to watch that they are taken care of.

We have the best health care in the world? No ****ing way.

Assuming that this story is actually true, he'll win for sure. Hopefully he'll get the whole 12 million he asked for and the guards will be put in jail where they belong.

or even a veterinarian

Are you sure about that, Dan? I mean, all this guy had to face was getting his chest cavity opened up. Considering the surgery vets perform most often, you might get the quick little snip snip.

Are you sure about that, Dan? I mean, all this guy had to face was getting his chest cavity opened up. Considering the surgery vets perform most often, you might get the quick little snip snip.

If I see the snipper come out, I will kick him as hard as I can, right in the balls. :mrgreen:

If I see the snipper come out, I will kick him as hard as I can, right in the balls. :mrgreen:

You see now why they use that gas to knock you out first.

Back
Top Bottom