• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nigel Farage resigns again.. will it last?

So is it fair to say he started these troubles, and now he doesn't want to take responsibility?

Well yes and no. Hard to take responsibility when you have no power to do anything.

Well yes and no. Hard to take responsibility when you have no power to do anything.
Too a point.

But you'd think he'd want to assist and/or ascend.

This below sound's like he's saying: "I'm done - I'm outta' here"!

"Speaking at a press conference in Westminster, he said he had fulfilled his political ambitions after successfully campaigning for the UK to vote for Brexit.

“During the referendum I said I wanted my country back … now I want my life back,” Farage said on Monday."

Too a point.

"Speaking at a press conference in Westminster, he said he had fulfilled his political ambitions after successfully campaigning for the UK to vote for Brexit.

“During the referendum I said I wanted my country back … now I want my life back,” Farage said on Monday."

Well the one of the better jokes going around is the following

"Nigel Farrage has stepped down to be more with his German wife before she is deported."

Frankly got no clue.. the guy is a known lying bastard and has changed his mind time and time again. You noticed he only stepped down as leader of UKIP, but has he resigned from the EU parliament? Of course not.. he has been milking the system for 17 years, and will continue to do so, costing the UK taxpayer a million plus a year for him and his wife.

Nigel Farage resigns as Ukip leader after 'achieving political ambition' of Brexit | Politics | The Guardian

He done it again.. resigned.. But will he stay resigned, join the Tory party again.. or maybe start a new party? Hell will he retire from the EU parliament!?

Oh, I think he'll stay resigned now. He's just one more rat abandoning a sinking ship; one that he contributed to sailing straight into the iceberg. Cameron, Johnson, now Farage - no balls, no clue, and no shame.

"Nigel Farrage has stepped down to be more with his German wife before she is deported."

Frankly got no clue.. the guy is a known lying bastard and has changed his mind time and time again. You noticed he only stepped down as leader of UKIP, but has he resigned from the EU parliament? Of course not.. he has been milking the system for 17 years, and will continue to do so, costing the UK taxpayer a million plus a year for him and his wife.

I would be interested in your personal opinion of the EU. Do you see it as loss of sovereignity and the EU as a toadie of the Western Reserve Banks, NATO, and the CIA or does it seem to be representative of Europeans as a whole? I see the EU being used as a tool of the Banks. I see oppressive USA influence in EU matters. I see a Mass Media campaign to demonize Russia and militarize the EU, but I see that issue being driven by USA/CIA/NED/CORPORATISM interests. I am asking you because I have always respected your opinions on this debate board. Thank You.

So is it fair to say he started these troubles, and now he doesn't want to take responsibility?

What is fair to say is that he brought the message of the troubles to medial attention and would not let the EU bureaucrats cover it up.

Oh, I think he'll stay resigned now. He's just one more rat abandoning a sinking ship; one that he contributed to sailing straight into the iceberg. Cameron, Johnson, now Farage - no balls, no clue, and no shame.

Nope. He was not responsible for the treaties of Maastricht, Schengen/Dublin nor for Lisbon. It is the massively poor quality and deceit of those contracts that set the course for the icebergs. HE was just the rat sounding the alarm and spoiling the Pide Piper's honest and solemn sounds. But it has a long tradition to shoot the messenger, when the news is that the Ruler lied.

Nope. He was not responsible for the treaties of Maastricht, Schengen/Dublin nor for Lisbon. It is the massively poor quality and deceit of those contracts that set the course for the icebergs. HE was just the rat sounding the alarm and spoiling the Pide Piper's honest and solemn sounds. But it has a long tradition to shoot the messenger, when the news is that the Ruler lied.

I'm sure that's how the rats doing a runner will argue it. Doesn't mean they're not rats.

Too a point.

It is not always the person that recognizes the problem that is best suited to carry the torch. He got the UK Parliament the option to exit, which will be handy in the upcoming negotiations of where the EU should go and what it should be. He is not the person predestined to lead those negotiations, however. That he realizes this and abdicates power, that he could certainly hold for years still, speaks highly of the man.

I'm sure that's how the rats doing a runner will argue it. Doesn't mean they're not rats.

Goebbels certainly liked to use that word for his enemies. ;)

Just a lingual note on the use of dehumanization as a populist instrument of power.

Goebbels certainly liked to use that word for his enemies. ;)

Just a lingual note on the use of dehumanization as a populist instrument of power.

Godwin says: "You lose!"

I would be interested in your personal opinion of the EU. Do you see it as loss of sovereignity and the EU as a toadie of the Western Reserve Banks, NATO, and the CIA or does it seem to be representative of Europeans as a whole? I see the EU being used as a tool of the Banks. I see oppressive USA influence in EU matters. I see a Mass Media campaign to demonize Russia and militarize the EU, but I see that issue being driven by USA/CIA/NED/CORPORATISM interests. I am asking you because I have always respected your opinions on this debate board. Thank You.

Do you see lonely Britain doing any better against such pressures?

Do you see lonely Britain doing any better against such pressures?

He does make a good point however. That analysis is why a proportion of people on the left of politics may have voted for Brexit. It's certainly the reason why the EU needs root-and-branch reform. Not a reason to play the Little Englander though, IMHO.

It's fair to say that he's a schmuck, always was and always will be.

One of his better jokes was accusing the MEPs in Brussels of never having worked a proper day's length in their life. Well, if that can be said of anybody, it can be said of him.

But for a brief period of trading metals, he's been leeching of the political dividend system since before he turned 30.

Liar, scumbag, shyster.

Liar, scumbag, shyster.

Fair analysis, my friend. Unsurprising he wants nothing to do with cleaning up the mess he just helped dump on us all. He'll be enjoying his MEP pension no doubt, laughing at the schmucks who voted for his pile of dung.

One of his better jokes was accusing the MEPs in Brussels of never having worked a proper day's length in their life. Well, if that can be said of anybody, it can be said of him.

But for a brief period of trading metals, he's been leeching of the political dividend system since before he turned 30.

Liar, scumbag, shyster.

You haven't seen the memes?

ad_2114308491.jpg

You haven't seen the memes?

ad_2114308491.jpg
I saw mention of it (think it was you?) but not that image.

Brilliant.

And we get people on here actually spouting over how he's done some good. :roll:

From the "Independent"

[FONT=&quot]"Douglas Carswell has reacted to Nigel Farage's announcement he is resigning as leader of Ukip by sharing a smiling emoji with sunglasses on Twitter.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]Mr Carswell, the first elected MP for Ukip, posted the "smiling face with sunglasses" emoji as Mr Farage declared he was standing aside of Ukip leader. ..."[/FONT]

From the "Independent"

[FONT="]"Douglas Carswell has reacted to Nigel Farage's announcement he is [URL="http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/politics/nigel-farage-resigns-as-ukip-leader-a7118626.html"]resigning as leader of Ukip[/URL] by sharing a smiling emoji with sunglasses on Twitter.[/FONT]
[FONT="]Mr Carswell, the first elected MP for Ukip, posted the "smiling face with sunglasses" emoji as Mr Farage declared he was standing aside of Ukip leader. ..."[/FONT]

Suzanne Evans on The World At One hardly able to disguise her glee. Wants to realign UKIP as a centrist, anti-establishment political force. Good luck with that one, Suzie!

Suzanne Evans on The World At One hardly able to disguise her glee. Wants to realign UKIP as a centrist, anti-establishment political force. Good luck with that one, Suzie!
What's she gonna call it, oxymorons united?

One of his better jokes was accusing the MEPs in Brussels of never having worked a proper day's length in their life.

Yes and it was one that backfired, as the people around him were doctors, lawyers, teachers, businessmen and so on by trade..

This is at least the second referendum mess Farage has been involved in.

Farage admits to brokering a backroom deal that had a Brussels think-tank (The Institute for Direct Democracy in Europe) pay the De Telegraaf newspaper £31,000 for a full page advert which helped Eurosceptics gather enough signatures to force the early April Ukraine referendum in the Netherlands. Dutch referendum Eurosceptics freely admitted that the campaign had little to do with Ukraine and was primarily conducted as a referendum on the EU.

“If the Dutch vote decisively in a no direction, it will have an impact on the UK referendum,” said Mr Farage, referring to the Brexit vote in June. Arjan van Dixhoorn, the chairman of Burgercomité EU which is another group behind the Dutch referendum admitted: “We don’t really care about Ukraine” and said their goal is to put pressure on the country’s relationship with the EU.

No, I didn't notice that I bolded - thanks for bringing it to my attention.

So now to me, it does seem perhaps: "Hey, when the **** hits the fan, I'm not taking a fall with these guys! They took a good idea and ruined it! But people, I can lead you out of this! Vote for me!"

I wouldn't doubt it.

Back
Top Bottom