• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

Niftydrifty wants a private debate

M14 Shooter

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Very Conservative
And that's fine with me.

Since he threw down the gauntlet, I'm sure he wont mind if I pick the issue and my side of it.

Issue:
What weapons are protected by the 2nd amendment?
My side:
I will argue that, certainly, any modern firearm you care to mention is protected by the 2nd.

The format for the debate is open for discussion.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/private-debates/20111-please-read-private-debate-rules-guidelines.html

I hope you set it up so that only you and I can post. I noticed that you didn't read the guidelines. please do so. I don't disagree with your second amendment interpretation at all. it's a topic I'm not that bothered by or concerned with at all. now how about a topic that we both agree with, as the guidelines say. I'd really enjoy engaging you in a private debate, Shooter. I hope we can do that, with a topic upon we can both agree, as the guidelines say. propose something else, and I can as well.

Last edited:
http://www.debatepolitics.com/private-debates/20111-please-read-private-debate-rules-guidelines.html

I hope you set it up so that only you and I can post. I noticed that you didn't read the guidelines. please do so. I don't disagree with your second amendment interpretation at all. it's a topic I'm not that bothered by or concerned with at all. now how about a topic that we both agree with, as the guidelines say. I'd really enjoy engaging you in a private debate, Shooter. I hope we can do that, with a topic upon we can both agree, as the guidelines say. propose something else, and I can as well.

I havent set anything up,. this was simply a post to present the challenge.

And of you dont think you can effectively argue a position counter to mine, then I guess your mad debate skills arent as mad as you thought. :mrgreen:

I havent set anything up,. this was simply a post to present the challenge.

And of you dont think you can effectively argue a position counter to mine, then I guess your mad debate skills arent as mad as you thought. :mrgreen:
LOL, here's a topic. when I say I don't disagree with your interpretation of the 2nd amendment, is it evidence that I don't think I can effectively argue a position counter to yours? LOL.

I don't believe this forum is for setting up private debates. PMs are. this forum is only having private debates. but maybe Stace won't mind if we do and then deleting the thread?

I'm game for arguing about something having to with (1) how bad Bush has been in any area of policy, (2) free market vs regulation (3) the Iraq War (4) stuff having to do with religion, (5) or "media bias."

or other topics, too. those are just some ideas.

LOL, here's a topic. when I say I don't disagree with your interpretation of the 2nd amendment, is it evidence that I don't think I can effectively argue a position counter to yours? LOL.
Well, then, lets debate what weapons are protected by the 2nd.

I don't believe this forum is for setting up private debates. PMs are. this forum is only having private debates. but maybe Stace won't mind if we do and then deleting the thread?
If I did something earth-shatteringly wrong here, I apologize.
I hope it doesnt result in the death of some baby seals or something. :shock:

I'm game for arguing about something having to with (1) how bad Bush has been in any area of policy, (2) free market vs regulation (3) the Iraq War (4) stuff having to do with religion, (5) or "media bias."
Not interested.

I think every crackhead should upgrade from a .32 cal to a shoulder fired missle myself. How can we accomplish that if we outlaw shoulder fired missles?

When shoulder fired missles are outlawed, only outlaws will have shoulder fired missles! :mrgreen:

I think every crackhead should upgrade from a .32 cal to a shoulder fired missle myself. How can we accomplish that if we outlaw shoulder fired missles?

When shoulder fired missles are outlawed, only outlaws will have shoulder fired missles! :mrgreen:

Most crackheads use .22s or .25s. Moving up to a .32 might be too much for them.

M14 Shooter said:
Well, then, lets debate what weapons are protected by the 2nd.
they all are. of course, it could be argued that automatic weapons didn't exist when the amendment was written, but it does say "arms," therefore, IMO, there's nothing to debate here. maybe you thought I was a gun rights opponent. I actually have a few.

M14 Shooter said:
Not interested.
what a surprise.

M14 Shooter said:
or other topics, too. those are just some ideas.
likewise, not surprised that you dodged this invitation to choose something else, as well.

ps. real men shoot .58 minies.

My other gun is a Phalynx....

200px-Close-In_Weapon_System.jpg

likewise, not surprised that you dodged this invitation to choose something else, as well.
Just as I am not surprised you're not interested in the challenge I put to you.

Someone truely capable of debate can debate both sides of an issue. You just want to debate the issues you know something about on that side that you prefer to argue.

After all, you DID say:

Shooter, you can pick the topic and I'll argue on behalf of Liberalism and you can argue on behalf of your brain damage.

http://www.debatepolitics.com/566575-post34.html

How does that go? Oh yeah:

If you don't accept, you're a coward. No way around it.

:mrgreen:

Last edited:
M14 Shooter said:
Just as I am not surprised you're not interested in the challenge I put to you.
I've been typing about it and have given my opinions. refute them, why dontchya?

LOL, you're trying to wriggle out of the guidelines of the private debate forum, Shooter. of course, I'm aware of what I did say, and I was also aware of your intellectual laziness. but what I didn't count on, is that laziness extending over to disregarding of the guidelines of the private debate forum, where it is quite clear that you were to have your topic ok'd by me, and I was to agree to it, before we debated.

yawn, this "thread" is turning into another borefest where you weasel your way out of any real discussion by claiming, amongst other things, that I ought to say things that I don't agree with for the sake of argument? ridiculous.

I don't really see what gun politics has to do with Liberalism. there's this great big googly monster you likely call "the left" that's 100% full of stereotypical peaceniks, where all the men wear berets and everybody wears birkenstocks and drinks lattes, and every single one of them wants to wipe the 2nd amendment from the books, according to you. some "Liberals" want to ban guns outright. I can't speak for them. neither can I speak for what you think Liberalism is. classical Liberalism and new Liberalism are about freedoms.

Turn Left: Liberalism FAQ

M14 Shooter said:
You just want to debate the issues you know something about on that side that you prefer to argue.
LOL. wrong. how about a topic that is specific and isn't so general and so obvious and that isn't pointless?

Issue:
What established religions are protected by the 1st amendment?
My side:
I will argue that, certainly, any religion you care to mention is protected by the 1st.

Issue:
What houses are protected by the 3rd amendment?
My side:
I will argue that, certainly, any house you care to mention is protected by the 3rd.

Issue:
What self-incriminating statements are protected by the 5th amendment?
My side:
I will argue that, certainly, anyone compelled in any criminal case to be a witness against himself is protected by the 5th.

...such is the idiocy of your "challenge."

how about a topic that isn't stupid?

At your behest, I presented you with a challenge, of my chosing.

You can accpet the challenge, or not.

After you accept the challenge, we can discuss the format for the debate.

So -- are you going to accept the challenge and argue on behalf of Liberalism, or not?

Its your call.

And it must be said that if you do not accept the challenge, you're a coward. No way around it.

define "Liberalism," as you see it, from the perspective of 2nd amendment "gun" politics.

define "Liberalism," as you see it, from the perspective of 2nd amendment "gun" politics.

Shooter, you can pick the topic and I'll argue on behalf of Liberalism and you can argue on behalf of your brain damage.

YOU used the term "Liberalism" not me.
If YOU don't understand the position you said you'd argue, that's YOUR problem.

That said , the context of this post clearly indicates that we're talking about "Liberalism" in the Modern American form. Its up to YOU to put up the liberal argument.

So, are you going to accpet my challenge, a challenege made at your behest and on your terms, or are you a coward?

(4) stuff having to do with religion, .

Hey Nifty! I'd take you up on this one. I don't know what religion you subscribe to (if any), but I am Catholic, and many, many, many Christians that are not Catholic take issue with the "Real Presence" of Christ in the Eucharist (the communion wafers and wine consecrated at the Catholic Mass). I'd be willing to debate that with a fellow Christian who doesn't believe that Jesus' Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity are really and truly present in the consecrated Hosts at Catholic Mass. Interested?

I've already explained that the Liberal position isn't necessarily in favor of banning all guns.

What do you think the Liberal position is? wriggling out of this one too, eh? if you'd care to answer, I'll feel obliged to school you on that as well.

as usual, you're not doing too well, Shooter.

Hey Nifty! I'd take you up on this one. I don't know what religion you subscribe to (if any), but I am Catholic, and many, many, many Christians that are not Catholic take issue with the "Real Presence" of Christ in the Eucharist (the communion wafers and wine consecrated at the Catholic Mass). I'd be willing to debate that with a fellow Christian who doesn't believe that Jesus' Body, Blood, Soul, and Divinity are really and truly present in the consecrated Hosts at Catholic Mass. Interested?

I am a Christian (CRC) and I participate in communion too. I enjoy it and I believe in it.

I've already explained that the Liberal position isn't necessarily in favor of banning all guns.
Thats interesting, but it doesnt have anyting to do with the topic I presented.

And given that you have yet to accept my challenge, any discussion of the topic is overwhelmingly premature.

So, are you going to accpet my challenge, a challenge made at your behest and on your terms, or are you a coward?

C'mon Nifty -- you called me out, and I met your challenge.
Where's the big man who posted:

You arent running away are you? Like a coward?

No?

Then accept my challenege and we can discuss format.

I am a Christian (CRC) and I participate in communion too. I enjoy it and I believe in it.

Is CRC "Christian Reform Church"?

Do they believe in the real flesh and blood of the one Christ sacrificed on the cross is really and truly present and among us in Person under the signs of bread and wine at the Catholic Mass?:confused:

Do they believe in the real flesh and blood of the one Christ sacrificed on the cross is really and truly present and among us in Person under the signs of bread and wine at the Catholic Mass?:confused:

Felicity-

No offense, but Nifty asked -- nay, dared -- me to challenge hom to a debate, and that's what I'm doing. It seems that he's now rather reluctant to engage in the debate he asked for, but that's another issue.

If you'd like to debate Nifty, please start your own toipic. Nifty and I have business here, and I'd hate for him to be distracted.

Thanks-
M14

Felicity-

No offense, but Nifty asked -- nay, dared -- me to challenge hom to a debate, and that's what I'm doing. It seems that he's now rather reluctant to engage in the debate he asked for, but that's another issue.

If you'd like to debate Nifty, please start your own toipic. Nifty and I have business here, and I'd hate for him to be distracted.

Thanks-
M14

My apologies.:3oops:

Nifty...PM me if you're interested.;)

:2wave:

I've already argued on behalf of Liberalism. I've addressed the topic. I've pointed out how your "challenge" isn't a debatable topic. I've explained how it's ****ing stupid. I've also pointed out how you failed to adhere the clearly defined terms of a private debate.

If you think I'm running away, why not start a poll and ask the DP populace who "won?" :lol:

I've already argued on behalf of Liberalism. I've addressed the topic. I've pointed out how your "challenge" isn't a debatable topic. I've explained how it's ****ing stupid. I've also pointed out how you failed to adhere the clearly defined terms of a private debate.

If you think I'm running away, why not start a poll and ask the DP populace who "won?" :lol:

I'm waiting patiently for an answer, Nifty:

Are you going to accept my challenge to debate the topic I posted, or not?

If you are, then we can discuss format.

If you are not, then, by your own standard, one cannot help but conclude that you are a coward.

hi Felicity, M14 can bite me. this thread is fair game for any derailment. I've seen him do it. so may you. heck, he's started more troll threads than you can shake a stick at. the cretin is hardly deserving of any respeck.

the CRC practices communion. I don't "take issue" with your beliefs. mine may be a little different, but all this is like tuhmaytoe / tuhmahtoe to me.

Back
Top Bottom