• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

nieve americans

or more that you dont push issues or points but you attack whoever oposes you making it a personal compation and not a debate about politics as the name would imply sorry i gess i couldent stand another explanation
i now see but why you all make such long posts

Uncle Shane, go away. You're giving Australians a bad name.

no ive read other threds dont worry your crappy comebacks arnt funny anymore
thank you for constructing an argument so before i go:
you come to prove something to yourself on the internet noone knows who you actualy are so you come hear to prove to yourself that your better becouse no one is awarded offishal points you can convince your self that you won and you seem to try and group yourselvs up so you can feal stronger in numbers
thats my analagy anyway
**** you vergiss i did this as a over confdent 15 year old
but id like to pass one thing on a contry that relys on Patriotism is doing something sus

I'm sure I would have something to say, if I could actually understand whatever the hell is is you just wrote.

Kelzie said:
I believe society is a long, loonngg way from doing these things themselves. And it's hard to measure the efficiency of these programs. For instance, my mom was on food stamps when I was a kid. She was raising two young girls while she went to to college, and wasn't able to work. So she got food stamps for, I don't know, 4 years maybe...Anyway, now she is a geological engineer working for the government, contributing to taxes, and generally being a model citizens. Because we had a decent upbringing (and we were able to eat) both of her daughters are going to college, to also join the workforce. But if you look at the food stamp program, the government lost money on her, because how do you measure the successes?

Government assistance was created for these kind of circumstances. I too was on WIC and food stamps for a period of time. This allowed me to survive during a rough period. The problem with these programs is with the parameters in which they allow assistance. The abuse is rampant. Too many people stay on these programs long term. When the government fails to limit this, they give the recipient no motivation to find work.

mistermain said:
Government assistance was created for these kind of circumstances. I too was on WIC and food stamps for a period of time. This allowed me to survive during a rough period. The problem with these programs is with the parameters in which they allow assistance. The abuse is rampant. Too many people stay on these programs long term. When the government fails to limit this, they give the recipient no motivation to find work.

Seriously, does anyone have numbers on how rampant this abuse is? Cause I've heard it a lot, but never seen any proof. Not that I believe it's a perfect system or anything, but I have to wonder if the corruption is as wide spread as people think...

galenrox said:
Anyone with even a shred of intelligence knows that you can't accurately say anything about any large number of people.

That's not true what about the fact that all Canadians are mentally retarted maple syrup swilling son's a bitches . . .

What? Canada sux!

Kelzie said:
Seriously, does anyone have numbers on how rampant this abuse is? Cause I've heard it a lot, but never seen any proof. Not that I believe it's a perfect system or anything, but I have to wonder if the corruption is as wide spread as people think...

I probably could dig up some numbers, but truthfully I'm not referring to any specific studies. My experiences come from life. Have you ever lived in the inner city (any inner city), because I've lived in several. I saw the abuse first hand. Many of the people I grew up with bragged about screwing the system.
If you have lived in a ghetto, barrio, or project you know I'm right. If you disagree, you have no idea.

"A conservative is a liberal who has been mugged."

Back
Top Bottom