• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nick Saban leads BLM march in Tuscaloosa

calamity

Privileged
Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Centrist
Now this is interesting.

Nick Saban leads Black Lives Matter march in Tuscaloosa - al.com

One of Alabama's greatest icons...perhaps even a step above Bear Bryant, leading men down the street in the heart of the Confederacy.

AEEKDIESF5DJVMAFEHTVPFOKRE.png

“Today I’m like a proud parent,” Saban said at the end of the march. “I’m proud of our team, I’m proud of our messengers over here and I’m very proud of the message. I’m very proud of the ’All lives can’t matter until Black lives matter’ video that we did early on that I think had a very positive impact. That was something we did together as a team.

“This is something that the team decided to do together as a team, so I’m very proud and supportive of what they are trying to say, and in a peaceful and intelligent way. I’m very pleased to be here today.”

My respect for Nick has just soared through the roof.

That is pretty powerful.

I can only imagine how many conflicted Bama fans there are right now.

Wonder where the Proud Boys are to confront this group? lol

I can only imagine how many conflicted Bama fans there are right now.

They are currently waiting for instructions from their leader on how to respond to this.

You think he had a choice? Being silent now means you are guilty.

I live in AL. He had a choice. No one would gripe here if he didn't do this.

No question Coach Thompson’s passing away has affected all coaches. Coaches making sure their athletes get their diploma, degrees, and profession after Pro and College sports.

We should take this positive message by Coach Saban and not look back.

I can’t help but think of Brown lives mattering, Mixed-race lives, Oriental lives, Native lives, and Caucasian lives mattering.

His job was at stake.

Wonder where the Proud Boys are to confront this group? lol

Interestingly, I have a friend that got a recruitment text from them. He doesn't have any alt-right sympathies, so how they got his number is a mystery.

Saw this on one of the sports shows today.
Also saw the all lives can't matter until black lives do video it was nice to see.
Hopefully all news will start showing more of these peaceful protests, marches there is more of them than the violence and destruction.

His job was at stake.

Given what the coach has been paid in the last decade, he don’t need no job......I’m sure he has invested wisely......

Given what the coach has been paid in the last decade, he don’t need no job......I’m sure he has invested wisely......

If it was just about money, he would have retired a long time ago.

If it was just about money, he would have retired a long time ago.

Tell us how his job dictated his participation in this march.

He has a legacy to think about.

That is already written in stone regardless of what happen in the future...........I accept your surrender!

Back
Top Bottom