• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nice was ISIS

MickeyW

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Conservative
Islamic State says its 'soldier' behind Nice truck attack

BEIRUT (AP) -- An Islamic State-run media outlet says the man who barreled his truck into a crowd in the French coastal city of Nice is a "soldier" of the group.

The Aamaq news agency on Saturday cited a "security source" as saying the attacker "carried out the operation in response to calls to target the citizens of coalition countries fighting the Islamic State."

News from The Associated Press

Some may recall, that I called this early on in another thread, as a "terrorist, radical Muslim attack", based on what I know from years of dealing with a wide range of Intel and tactics, plus what I viewed on multiple news outlets. I was told to shut up, stop jumping to conclusions, etc. There was no jumping. I pieced together what was going on and drew a conclusion....that conclusion was spot on.

This ISIS activity will continue, worldwide, unless there is a coordinated effort to stop them on many fronts.

ISIS would likely take credit for a tornado if they thought it would boost their image. ;)

Islamic State says its 'soldier' behind Nice truck attack

BEIRUT (AP) -- An Islamic State-run media outlet says the man who barreled his truck into a crowd in the French coastal city of Nice is a "soldier" of the group.

The Aamaq news agency on Saturday cited a "security source" as saying the attacker "carried out the operation in response to calls to target the citizens of coalition countries fighting the Islamic State."

News from The Associated Press

Some may recall, that I called this early on in another thread, as a "terrorist, radical Muslim attack", based on what I know from years of dealing with a wide range of Intel and tactics, plus what I viewed on multiple news outlets. I was told to shut up, stop jumping to conclusions, etc. There was no jumping. I pieced together what was going on and drew a conclusion....that conclusion was spot on.

This ISIS activity will continue, worldwide, unless there is a coordinated effort to stop them on many fronts.

ISIS my ass..... they just jumping on the bandwagon.

ISIS would likely take credit for a tornado if they thought it would boost their image. ;)

I'm getting that impression. The Orlando shooter was at best inspired by them, but they were quick to take credit.

It is Islam. It may or may not be influenced by ISIS...but it is Islam. They are TELLING you it is Islam.

If my dog bites the postman - they'll probably take credit! :doh

Then they'd better get ready to be sued. If my dog bites ANYone, then I want the credit, dang it.:2mad:

:mrgreen:

Then they'd better get ready to be sued. If my dog bites ANYone, then I want the credit, dang it.:2mad:

:mrgreen:
The damn things take the mailman's daily visit as a personal affront! :lamo

My dog pooped on my carpet. Sure enough, he got a letter the next day with a picture of Isis leaders celebrating in the streets of raqqa and 72 dog treats.

My dog pooped on my carpet. Sure enough, he got a letter the next day with a picture of Isis leaders celebrating in the streets of raqqa and 72 dog treats.

Muslims do not like dogs. They may own them for the purpose of defending their property. They are not supposed to be pets. In Mohammad time black dogs were killed on sight because they were believed to be the devil.

Dogs, being good judges of character, probably did not like Mohammad.

IS did indeed take credit via its Amaq News Agency... but offered no details or corroboration. The ANA website is currently unavailable.

#AMAQ

So....you think this guy got a truck, automatic weapons, and grenades by himself?

If so...France has even bigger problems than if it was supported by ISIS.

So....you think this guy got a truck, automatic weapons, and grenades by himself?

If so...France has even bigger problems than if it was supported by ISIS.

As far a I know only a rented truck, lone driver and a pistol were actually used - the other props (if real) were not used at all. It does not take a huge financial investment (line of credit?) to rent a truck or to buy a pistol. Apparently it took only a small lie to get past "security" forces keeping vehicle traffic off of that pedestrian crowded roadway.

This was not, exactly, a complex mission requiring great planning, massive financing or lots of support personnel. Rent a truck, tell "security" that you have ice cream to deliver (have pistol handy just in case) and then run over lots of folks densely packed on the pavement before you (a surety at that annual event) until someone finally manages to shoot you.

As far a I know only a rented truck, lone driver and a pistol were actually used - the other props (if real) were not used at all. It does not take a huge financial investment (line of credit?) to rent a truck or to buy a pistol. Apparently it took only a small lie to get past "security" forces keeping vehicle traffic off of that pedestrian crowded roadway.

This was not, exactly, a complex mission requiring great planning, massive financing or lots of support personnel. Rent a truck, tell "security" that you have ice cream to deliver (have pistol handy just in case) and then run over lots of folks densely packed on the pavement before you (a surety at that annual event) until someone finally manages to shoot you.
"Police found two automatic weapons, ammunition, a mobile phone and documents in the truck, the prosecutor said. They also found fake weapons in the vehicle and more documents at Lahouaiej-Bouhlel’s residence."

We dont know all that he had or didnt have. But do you think he got what he had on his own?

"Police found two automatic weapons, ammunition, a mobile phone and documents in the truck, the prosecutor said. They also found fake weapons in the vehicle and more documents at Lahouaiej-Bouhlel’s residence."

We dont know all that he had or didnt have. But do you think he got what he had on his own?

Yes, because I have no reason not to.

Yes, because I have no reason not to.
I somewhat doubt he is shopping for automatic weapons in France. The fact that police have arrested 5 people (so far) indicate that its not a lone wolf incident.

Short of going illegal, buying even a pistol in France requires a permit. Felons don't get that. Even if all the rest being props turns out as true, the pistol alone would account for detaining possible supplier(s).

Not saying that to be the only reason for people held, since I can't possibly know. But the driver didn't print that piece of hardware on a 3D.

I somewhat doubt he is shopping for automatic weapons in France. The fact that police have arrested 5 people (so far) indicate that its not a lone wolf incident.
Arrests in France can merely mean "taken for questioning".

One of the five is his (estranged) wife, incidentally. I heard that apart from being interviewed, she's also held for reasons of protection.

My son spilled his drink on the dinner table. I got a phone call about a minute later, it was ISIS taking credit for it!

Back
Top Bottom