• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

Nice (France) mayor: 'Tens of dead' when truck runs into crowd

My avatar is as true as it gets.

What is whinge, some sort of colloquial term?

btw, first hand report from France, on the radio now by phone....the fireworks were done and gun fire ensued.

Mot likely police shooting to stop the truck or do you think they would do nothing?

I get the sense that ISIS might be abandoning the idea of the caliphate, and morphing into a more terrorist organization within host countries.

I get the sense that ISIS might be abandoning the idea of the caliphate, and morphing into a more terrorist organization within host countries.

Some on here would argue that......but I agree.

France is a soft target and they have plenty of actors to choose from as the hoard rolls in daily.

One of my very favorite cities in the world. I've visited Nice a few times, and each time was better than the previous one. Beautiful place and it saddens me to read that this kind of horror happened in such a paradise. My heart goes out to everyone impacted by this sad situation.

Mot likely police shooting to stop the truck or do you think they would do nothing?

Hard to say...it's the French. Shooting at a vehicle, rarely stops the carnage. Driver has foot on accelerator, driver gets dead, foot still down and vehicle runs into people, other vehicles or buildings.

Are they calling to outlaw trucks? Or do they understand the nature of the threat?

I suspect "they get it".

One of my very favorite cities in the world. I've visited Nice a few times, and each time was better than the previous one. Beautiful place and it saddens me to read that this kind of horror happened in such a paradise. My heart goes out to everyone impacted by this sad situation.

I was there many years ago and I concur.
I too feel bad for all the innocents injured or killed.

I spent a week in France about 6 months ago. What a shame. Prayers and good thought for those injured and the families of those lost.

I pulled into the harbor in Villa a few miles up the coast from Nice. Spent a week between Monte Carlo and Nice. Good times.

One guy with a truck inflicted as many casualties as several dudes with automatic weapons, striking multiple targets.

Some on here would argue that......but I agree.

France is a soft target and they have plenty of actors to choose from as the hoard rolls in daily.

How is France a soft target anymore? They are under martial law and heavily armed police and military are everywhere.

Please. Just shut up.
This from the guy that was taking delight in a tragic gun accident just a week ago? Others might have room to make that comment? You? None.

Back
Top Bottom