• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!
  • Welcome to our archives. No new posts are allowed here.

NHL anyone?

deadroses

Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
So. I decided. That since I am new:roll: There was time for me to perk the NHL thread up a little. ... since I couldn't find one.. .and today is pick day. .

Sad day really, but hope it turns out well..

so. yes. lets talk hockey since its back. and the lock out only caused for crazed fans and too much talk of money.

of course. an article i have read recently states that the NHL forgot about the little guys.. refering to the 50 or more dollars you spend on top of ticket prices... ie. parking, stand food, and so on so forth. ..

this guy.. didn't even live in the state that the hockey team belonged to and he had the nerve to bitch about prices. We are happy.... well.. minus this whole cap bull.. but...

SUCK IT UP. They lowered ticket prices for you people, what more can you ask for... and ... if you have issues, don't buy tickets.. go back to your own state.

:doh

Go Blues! I attend about 4-6 games a year...love it, but I'm too cheap to buy season tickets. And remember, studies have shown that women tend to get more amorous at hockey games than any other spectator sport!

What I'm really enjoying is the Detroit Redwings have something like 16 players eating up practically their whole salary cap! LOL! They will not be able to sign everyone they want or need....awwhh.

Bye bye Flying Tires...hello StL Blues dynasty!

well you know.. the red wings have something to worry about now.;) the fliers are getting forsberg.. and that adds a whole new scale of who's where;) heeh

silly caps and all....

deadroses said:
well you know.. the red wings have something to worry about now.;) the fliers are getting forsberg.. and that adds a whole new scale of who's where;) heeh

silly caps and all....

Forsberg & a rookie squad to pick from that has the Calder Cup...lookin' good!

I am a lifelong Bruins fan but I can't seem to get up for this NHL season. I am sure it has to do with the fact that the lockout took a whole season away, that in Taiwan, I can't see any games anyway, and that the Red Sox and Patriots completely overshadow the B's these days even though the Bruins are a very competitive team.

galenrox said:
**** yeah NHL!!! Blackhawks gonna rule this ****!!!
Oh hell yea!! Khabibulin is a Blackhawk! Sure, it cost $27 million over 4 years, but who cares? We have the Bulin Wall in net! Add Tuomo Ruutu to Bulin, and you've got the 2005-2006 Stanley Cup champions!

anomaly said:
Oh hell yea!! Khabibulin is a Blackhawk! Sure, it cost $27 million over 4 years, but who cares? We have the Bulin Wall in net! Add Tuomo Ruutu to Bulin, and you've got the 2005-2006 Stanley Cup champions!

Oh yeah baby, we are going to dominate, and I have so missed my season tickets.:mrgreen:

canucklehead01 said:
Go Canucks Go

Cancucks .... CANUCKS why i otta..

:shoot
no. i am a non-violent creature. calm, collected, anti- guns, anti-killing .. breathe.

hehe. just a little .... not even a good word for it.... about bertruzzi.

:mrgreen:

cnredd said:
Forsberg & a rookie squad to pick from that has the Calder Cup...lookin' good!

not to mention Esche and Nittimaki duking it out for the top job. Oooh the season is going to be fun. Carter, Richards.. Roenick is gone *sob* but in his talks with Bob Clarke, he said he understood fully why he would need to be the one to go.

LeClair is probably going to the Bruins... he'll be missed but ya know... The division and the conference are going to be interesting battles. I was looking at the NJ Devils team right now... McGillis is down there now. *waves to Danny in northern NJ* They've all but fallen apart. Brodeur is on his downhill swing... great goaltender.. but not great enough now!!!

My other half and I are salivating, just putting lines together for this team as it stands now. Hey redd.... I'm reserving my spot on Broad Street. Lemme know and I'll reserve one for you too :2wave:

debate_junkie said:
not to mention Esche and Nittimaki duking it out for the top job. Oooh the season is going to be fun. Carter, Richards.. Roenick is gone *sob* but in his talks with Bob Clarke, he said he understood fully why he would need to be the one to go.

LeClair is probably going to the Bruins... he'll be missed but ya know... The division and the conference are going to be interesting battles. I was looking at the NJ Devils team right now... McGillis is down there now. *waves to Danny in northern NJ* They've all but fallen apart. Brodeur is on his downhill swing... great goaltender.. but not great enough now!!!

My other half and I are salivating, just putting lines together for this team as it stands now. Hey redd.... I'm reserving my spot on Broad Street. Lemme know and I'll reserve one for you too :2wave:

Roenick dropped his "no-trade" clause to move on...that's a class act...

LeClair won't be missed by me...He can only play with Big E...those two should package themselves like Selanne & Kariya did with the Avalanche two years ago...

I think Clarke believes the game will go too fast, hence the addition of huge defensemen(Hatcher & Therien) to smack around the liitle shifty pugs like Martin St.Louis...He'll zip around for a couple of periods, but by the third, he'll be in traction....

I got a 53" HDTV a couple of months ago....I will be taking no phone calls during the games...

cnredd said:
Roenick dropped his "no-trade" clause to move on...that's a class act...

LeClair won't be missed by me...He can only play with Big E...those two should package themselves like Selanne & Kariya did with the Avalanche two years ago...

I think Clarke believes the game will go too fast, hence the addition of huge defensemen(Hatcher & Therien) to smack around the liitle shifty pugs like Martin St.Louis...He'll zip around for a couple of periods, but by the third, he'll be in traction....

I got a 53" HDTV a couple of months ago....I will be taking no phone calls during the games...

Just found out a few days ago, LeClair is in Pittsburgh, and Lindros signed with the Make Beliefs.

I cannot wait for pre-season to kick in. I am just dying to watch some hockey. Already, we're saving for the Center Ice package through Comcast. On the nights the Flyers don't play, there are other teams that do. Do I sound like an addict? HELL YEAH, but it's an addiction that puts my ENTIRE family around the tv, or in the arena, and has given us some of the BEST times of togetherness. Voorhees anyone? I'll be living at practice. Yes it wil take me between 2 and 3 hours to get there, but when the girls get to see the team close up, hey.. that's what matters.

But I do have to relate a Big E story... my daughters' VERY first trip to practice in 2000. My oldest was then 7, my youngest 4 and a half. After watching, we waitied with each of their calendar's for autographs. My youngest ended up going back to the car with her dad, cuz she was just plumb tuckered out, and I waited through the crowds, for my oldest to get to see her favorite, Eric Lindros. When he emerged, adults converged on his car, trampling MANY of the kids who were also in line. When we finally got up to where she could see him, Eric called her over, signed her's and her sister's calendar, and comforted her as she cried a little, cuz by then she was tired, too. As we were slowly stepping away, I heard Eric call over one of the SkateZone employees who monitor the autograph signings outside, and in a very stern voice, asked why ALL of the children were not pulled to the front of the line? When the employee said it was not feasible, Lindros says, and I quote "I don't CARE what's feasible. Anytime there are children involved, THEY should come first. I have asked this on numerous occasions from the staff, and all but you have complied. Please see to it that next time, this request has been fulfilled".

The moral of the story, he may not have been the sharpest tool in the shed, having daddy for an agent, BUT he never forgot that making fans out of kids, makes fans for life!

galenrox said:
BLAcKHAWKS MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!!!

No matter how much you swear, darling, the Blackhawks will still go only one way... down!

galenrox said:
BLAcKHAWKS MOTHER****ER!!!!!!!!!

By January you'll be saying, "MOTHER****IN' BLACKHAWKS!!!!!!!!!!!"

03hawklogo_red_thumb.jpg

galenrox said:

I'm all for the black hawks but the Lightning are gonna take it down again! And were gonna rock Philly again too, just like well not last season but the season before, I mean what's that s**t about when the Lightning finally get good they cancel the season I mean how the fuq can you just cancel the whole G.D. season?

Last edited:
galenrox said:
no offense or nothin, but I was just confused when the lightning won the cup. Is there even ****ing ice is Florida? I mean, I hate Philadelphia too, but at least they have ****ing ICE!
Chicago's gonna ****ing take this bitch!!!!

Chicago just upgraded from "whipping boy" to "puts up a good fight" and all of a sudden you think they'll make it to the promised land....

It'll be a race to see who is more irrelevant in Chicago by Jan. 1...Bears, Bulls or Blackhawks...

galenrox said:
no offense or nothin, but I was just confused when the lightning won the cup. Is there even ****ing ice is Florida? I mean, I hate Philadelphia too, but at least they have ****ing ICE!
Chicago's gonna ****ing take this bitch!!!!

it's all about the Flyers

oh wait

they're a philadelphia team

so they're incapable of doing well for any period of time

nevermind

New rules in play this season…If you’re a gambler, better wait a few months, see how things are shaking out.

Should be an interesting season. Look forward to it on er…OLN :confused:

suetoneous said:
New rules in play this season…If you’re a gambler, better wait a few months, see how things are shaking out.

Should be an interesting season. Look forward to it on er…OLN :confused:

Finally...I reason to hit "69" on my clicker....although I did see a BBQ cook-off on there once...

galenrox said:
Man, you all don't even know, we mean ****ing business now!!!

Blackhawk Fans: The only people who make us Leaf fans look sane by comparison.

The cup was in T.O. last in '67, and Chicago? '61, that's gotta hurt. But I do empathize.

Last good defenceman? Bryan McCabe. Leading NHL defencemen in points, and almost tied with Jagr for the league lead at the moment. Maybe if you ask nicely, Gary Suter wil come out of retirment.

Trade: Bryan McCabe for......Alexander Karpotsev. :rofl
(I'm neither stoic in defeat or victory)

Khabibulin? Meh. Overrated. The fact that he was in goal for the 2004 cup win is only coincidence.

Chicago's standing? Can't be bothered to find out. Come April the team will keep to it's perrenial habit of golfing.

Adrien Aucoin? Injury reserve. The rest? Might as well be.

All in good fun.

My criticisms of the Leafs would be about ten times longer.:lol:

Never been a big NHL fan. I'll watch some of the playoffs, but I grew up in the south so it's just never been that appealing to me.

In all I don't see to much change from before the cap in terms of team standings. It still looks like Philly, Ottawa or Tampa in the east and Detroit, Vancouver or Colorado in the West. Of course Ottawa will choke and Vancouver and Tampa both still need a goalies.

I'd like to get a large car jack.

Then I'd jack up the entire StL Blues team, and slide a new team underneath.

I guess this is what they call a 're-building' year?

Oh well. When the Blues finally come back (5-10 years) no one will be able to accuse me of jumping on the bandwagon....sigh. Meanwhile, I guess I'll just have to suffer...and wear a paper bag over my head when I go to the games.

galenrox said:

LOL .. galen...... when was the last time the Blackhawks ever ruled...LOL

Back
Top Bottom