• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL 2022-2023

RIP

RIP
Sad to hear this. My Air Force Dad retired to the Chicago south suburbs during the 1966-1967 year and I loved those Blackhawk teams.

RIP
Another charismatic sports icon from my distant youth passes.
I know he made some major off-ice blunders, but his on-ice performance was stellar.
RIP

Another charismatic sports icon from my distant youth passes.
I know he made some major off-ice blunders, but his on-ice performance was stellar.
RIP
Our niche sport folk-style wrestling is amping up on the Big Ten channel. Once in a while I can catch college hawkey on the B1G. Double-headers on Friday B1G 🤼‍♀️, high school 🤼‍♀️ starts first round this weekend.

Saw that today on ESPN, very interesting. I enjoyed hockey in the 70's but haven't watched a game in years. I knew Ovechkin was
one of the best players of the last decade but would have never guessed he had even a small a chance to reach Gretsky totals.

@tres borrachos
Now that you have Kane from the Hawks, and I have a small ticket on the Rangers from a while back at to win the Cup, I’m all in for you. Heard some lamenting of the Lightning playing the Leafs again.

@tres borrachos
Now that you have Kane from the Hawks, and I have a small ticket on the Rangers from a while back at to win the Cup, I’m all in for you. Heard some lamenting of the Lightning playing the Leafs again.

I still think the B's are the team to beat, but the Rags and the Leafs are going to make a go at it.

I still think the B's are the team to beat, but the Rags and the Leafs are going to make a go at it.
Sports is my refuge. Great overlap times all year long.

https://novacapsfans.com/2022/05/02/examining-the-presidents-trophy-curse/#:~:text=The%20Presidents'%20Trophy%20winner%20has%20won%20the%20Stanley%20Cup%2022.9,playoffs%2020%25%20of%20the%20time.

Best hope for Boston-haters.

The Presidents’ Trophy winner has won the Stanley Cup 22.9% of the time, advanced to the Stanley Cup Finals 31.4% of the time and advanced to the Conference Finals 48.5% of the time.

On the flip side, the Presidents’ Trophy winners have been eliminated in the first round of the playoffs 20% of the time.

I'd love to see a first round implosion...;)

@tres borrachos

I was in Europe last week and got so excited when I heard about Kane!

But the way the Rangers played the Bruins on Saturday......ugh. UGYH.

I was in Europe last week and got so excited when I heard about Kane!

But the way the Rangers played the Bruins on Saturday......ugh. UGYH.
I’ve always adopted a team when mine is out of it for the playoffs. I’ve had lots of practice with that the last few years with every Chicago team.

The nhl playoff structure leaves a lot to be desired, imho, as with the division structure, but it’s not my #1 sport. I will say the playoffs are right up there with all playoffs.

Your Europe life sounds like a fascinating one.

I’ve always adopted a team when mine is out of it for the playoffs. I’ve had lots of practice with that the last few years with every Chicago team.

The nhl playoff structure leaves a lot to be desired, imho, as with the division structure, but it’s not my #1 sport. I will say the playoffs are right up there with all playoffs.

Your Europe life sounds like a fascinating one.

It's good stuff but when I travel there I typically go for work. It's when I can bring some or all of my family that I really enjoy it! Last week was strictly work. Did a little bit of sightseeing on my down time.

Go Hurricanes!!!! :)
I would really love to see the 'Canes do well this year. Boston/Carolina for the cup(since the west team is kinda irrelevant) would be incredible hockey.

I would really love to see the 'Canes do well this year. Boston/Carolina for the cup(since the west team is kinda irrelevant) would be incredible hockey.
I want Boston to be a first round disaster.

Question - is it wrong to "want" your team to lose?

Is it wrong to be almost upset when they play well, and win?

Clearly this is in reference to a team that's spent quite a long time being in bottom of the league.
Like the Flyers.

Is it wrong to want your team to tank for better chances at a great draft pick???

Back
Top Bottom