• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL 2022-2023

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Prospect tournaments start this week. I am stocked!

Your beer fridge stocked?!

Goooo Sens!
I meant stoked. I suck at typing tho~

Sens will probably be better than last year, but that still is pretty bad. Probably battling with Detroit for 5th in the Atlantic. Possibly 4th cuz Boston might be worse than expected.

NHL media day in Vegas today.
First preseason in 10 days.
October is great.

Flyers.

Giroux is gone.

Tortorella is new head coach. (blessing or curse : time will tell)

Currently captain-less. For very good reason.

Coming off one of worst seasons in club history.

Currently there's zero identity, character, or personality to this team.

Hoping for any kind of pleasant surprise, expecting complete embarrassment.

Carter Hart's gonna have to be of Vezna winning quality to help this team not be in the bottom 4 teams in entire NHL.

I doubt any team, anywhere in the NHL, will fear playing the Flyers this year.

Oh look, the Flyers get another shaft deep up into the dark abyss:

https://www.broadstreethockey.com/2...lphia-flyers-sean-couturier-injury-update-nhl

According to reports, Philadelphia Flyers top center Sean Couturier suffered a herniated disc in his back while doing off-ice training last week. He is reportedly going to miss a significant amount of time that could stretch through the entire season.

Last season, Couturier was limited to playing just 29 games due to a back injury that eventually required surgery and for him to cut his season extremely short

16-3-2 to the under in preseason;
sports betting degenerates on XMSirius 159

Go Blackhawks! (for #1 draft pick)

Nothing finer than watching the first pre-season game of the year for the Wings!

Toronto being Toronto:

6 practice games Thursday;
6 real games Friday …

Nothing says Atlantic (division) like Detroit, Buffalo and the three Canadian teams. You’d think the Hurricanes might be in the Atlantic.

Can the Avs make it two stanley cups in a row?

Predict who will be the absolute worst team in the NHL this year:

Flyers
Canadiens
Kraken
Coyotes
Black Hawks

Why I love hockey:

Well, this is going to be a suspension:

I haven't been keeping up with NHL news during the off season (I'm also European and pretty new to NHL so my base knowledge is not great), so can someone explain to me why the Lightnings suddenly suck all of a sudden?

I haven't been keeping up with NHL news during the off season (I'm also European and pretty new to NHL so my base knowledge is not great), so can someone explain to me why the Lightnings suddenly suck all of a sudden?
A slow start does not mean they suck. 4 games into an 82 game season is too small a sample size. With that said, Tampa is going to have to deal with the same thing all high end teams do in the salary cap era: as young players have to be paid more as they develop, the team has to shed some good players to keep better ones and still be under cap. They lost Palat and McDonagh, which is a significant hit, to the cap this year. Tampa will almost certainly make the playoffs this year despite their early struggles.

Back
Top Bottom