• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NHL - 2016/2017 Season [W:290]

Sens won despite the great play of the Toronto Matthews Leafs. Yay!

He is going to be good though. He has that smoothness that can't be taught.

Maybe he might be your ticket to finally beating Team Canada.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry to give you an iota of hope. :2razz:

Maybe he might be your ticket to finally beating Team Canada.

Hahahahahahahahahahaha. Sorry to give you an iota of hope. :2razz:

Not by himself, but the time is coming.

I see the hockey gods have decided to **** on the Sabres for 4-6 weeks.

I see the hockey gods have decided to **** on the Sabres for 4-6 weeks.

It sounded really bad. He's one of the new faces of the NHL and I hope he's back soon - looking forward to the Sabres/Leafs rivalry being of significance in years to come.

If the Leafs hadn't decided to play without a goalie for most of the game, the Sens would have lost. Consider those 2 points a gift from TO.

If the Leafs didn't have Matthews, they would not have scored a single goal.

Congrats Chicago, first team to two losses.

Congrats Chicago, first team to two losses.

It's going to be a long year.

Thank God Baseball will go thru October and I'll have to just find a hobby for the winter.

Funny though, I seem to be awash in Blackhawks tickets...

It's going to be a long year.

Thank God Baseball will go thru October and I'll have to just find a hobby for the winter.

Funny though, I seem to be awash in Blackhawks tickets...

The other teams in the Central have gotten faster. Chicago looks a little slower. Not good in the modern NHL.

The tribute to Gordie Howe from Joe Louis arena tonight:

Dj%2BLas%2BK.jpg

coyotes.gif

P.S. It's BS that the Yotes have only played 1 game so far.

Fan angered by P.K. Subban's trade from Montreal Canadiens donating $250,000 to P.K.'s Helping Hand Fund

A man who took out a full-page ad in a Montreal newspaper to express his anger over P.K. Subban's trade from the Montreal Canadiens to Nashville is making a big donation to the popular defenseman's charity.

The Montreal Children's Hospital said Tuesday that Dr. Charles Kowalski and his wife are donating $250,000 to P.K.'s Helping Hand Fund. The couple had originally pledged $50,000 to the foundation.

Kowalski, an emergency-room physician living in Ottawa, Ontario, and until recently a die-hard Canadiens fan, will make the check presentation Wednesday at the hospital's P.K. Subban Atrium.

The Canadiens dealt the flashy Subban to the Nashville Predators this offseason for star defenseman Shea Weber.

In a full-page ad in Thursday's Montreal Gazette, Kowalski thanked Subban for his time in Montreal and said the trade has shaken his belief in the Canadiens.

"Now, I feel anger, disappointment and embarrassment over the treatment of P.K. Subban by team management: the same sentiments that many felt after the Patrick Roy trade," Kowalski said in the ad.

Looks like the Leafs are going to be a fun team to watch for two periods, at which point whichever sieve is in goal that night will proceed to cough up the hard earned lead and either lose the game for the team in regulation or overtime. This Leafs team reminds me a lot of Edmonton the past couple of years where a lot of good, young, offensive talent was let down by shoddy defense and goaltending. That trade and five year extension for Andersen is looking pretty shaky early on.

Oilers look solid this year, so I suppose a couple more years in Leafs' purgatory is in store.

Have fun and enjoy the season.

Another Leafs game, another 2 goal lead lost in the final minutes, and another game lost in overtime. I wonder what the NHL record for overtime and shootout losses is? Going to be another long winter.

Another Leafs game, another 2 goal lead lost in the final minutes, and another game lost in overtime. I wonder what the NHL record for overtime and shootout losses is? Going to be another long winter.

Missed it. Was watching baseball.

HAHAHAHAHA!

Leafs figured out a way to place a scoreless third period and survived with two points. They're at least a talented team this year that fans can see potentially developing into a good team and even a contending team. It's important that Andersen and the defense plays better, as he and they did last night, or the young players can quickly get a defeatist attitude that will be hard to reverse.

It's early, but the Leafs basically at .500 and in the bottom of the standings seems to imply that the East is getting stronger.

Flyers once again dig a deep hole, but then come back to win.

What a shaky and nerve-racking start to the season. Goal tending this year seems very hit or miss. Just can't get all 8 cylinders working in harmony this year.
No delusions here of a deep Cup run, but coming back to beat Detroit sure is sweetness in a warm cup on a cold day.

Leafs win a game in Buffalo - their record now 2-17-1 in their last 20 visits to the Queen's City.

Can the apocalypse be far behind???

Wow - Leafs win in Buffalo and now tonight Columbus smokes Montreal 10-0!!!!! With the exception of winning the Stanley Cup, there's no better two nights than those for a Leafs fan.

Carey Price is the league MVP - if Price doesn't play, Montreal is a bottom 10, maybe bottom 5 team. When Price was out last year, after their big start, the Canadiens were worse than the Leafs and the Leafs finished last.

Wondering how Al Montoya feels tonight after his team and his coach hung him out to dry, in net for all 10 goals. He should have pulled a Patrick Roy and walked out on them.

Back
Top Bottom