• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

~nhl 2013-2014 [W:713]

Redress

Liberal Fascist For Life!
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Training camps have started!

First broadcast preseason game is tomorrow on NHL network at 7.

Why this keeps changing the "NHL" to lowercase I dunno.

Training camps have started!

First broadcast preseason game is tomorrow on NHL network at 7.

Why this keeps changing the "NHL" to lowercase I dunno.

I'm still trying to follow the KHL from afar. It's hard especially since Torpedo stinks.

I have not heard from YS on Fantasy Hockey. If I have not heard from her by Sunday, I will set up a league for us Monday. That was alot of fun when we did it before with the league YS made.

Great article on what is going on with Chris Pronger: NHL - Scott Burnside: Philadelphia Flyers' Chris Pronger has a new normal - ESPN

Recently, Pronger -- out of action with concussion-related symptoms since taking a stick to the eye in November 2011 -- stepped onto the ice with his kids. He hadn't skated all summer, but it seemed to be going well.

"I was surprised," Pronger told ESPN.com in a recent interview. "I was like, Oh, I feel all right. But I was just going in a straight line. And then all of a sudden, I started to spin and go in circles. ... I was like, OK, apparently this didn't get better."

That was kinda a shock to me, that he is still having such severe issues. I never knew his issues where not just a concussion, but much more:

The 6-foot-6 Pronger, selected with the second overall draft pick by the Hartford Whalers in 1993, continues to work with doctors to try to deal with symptoms from the combination of injuries that, essentially, cut his career short. Although most people believe Pronger's issues are strictly concussion related, they are much more complex than that. They involve Pronger's eyesight, the relationship between the body's optical center and things like balance, headaches and overall stability.

"A lot of the stuff that I'm doing now is more eye related, vestibular related," he said. "It's not concussion or what have you. I still get symptoms, but I think a lot of those are due to my eye.

"There's a lot of the things that still trouble me are things that are associated with my vestibular system and my ocular system and those are things that's an ongoing process."

So the Hawks shut that Detroit ass out in their first Preseason game.....huh? I heard Crawford on the Radio talking about the game. Said something like Detroit managed 5 shots for the first period.

We have had Duncan Keith and Ben Smith get into a fight scrimmaging against each other. Couple of other Hawks too. So they will need to work out those kinks.

Some random thoughts from the preseason so far.

Edmonton might not make the playoffs, but they are going to be incredibly fun to watch this year and they are going to be a top team in the next couple years.

Vancouver however has all the makings of a train wreck.

How is it Chicago has probably the best color commentator, and the hands down worst play by play guy in hockey?

Speaking of Chicago, the offense so far looks really scrambly and inconsistent.

And on defense, Pitt wants to fix what went wrong in the playoffs. Not happening so far.

Big Buff is poised to have his best season. Several reports of him being slimmer, stronger and more motivated than ever before. About time. Now if they would end the whole defense experiment with him...

Any one taking bets on how long till there is officially another goaly controversy in Philly? 1 month? 2?

More later, got to go babysit.

Hawks lost to Pitt in a shootout a couple nights ago 5-4. Then beat Washington the same way. Same score. Hossa and Teows was out for both of the games. We have another preseason game with them and then we Open the Season with Washington.

20130916_kkt_se8_366-0e2e861b74ccf2c659ca47af431e3a32

New York Rangers: Brandon Mashinter gets a few shots in during a preseason game against the Devils.....

NHL Roundup: Brawl breaks out in Toronto Maple Leafs' win over Buffalo Sabres - NHL.com - Roundup <~video included

Clarkson is going to get 10 regular season games, Kessel is likely to get a few too.

[video=youtube;CONJgZjVOh8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=CONJgZjVOh8[/video]

I am liking the new hybrid icing rule so far. Not sure if it is because of the rule or if the linesmen are speeding things along, but puck drop after an icing seems noticeably faster, which is good.

SO apparently Chris Osgood is on the Detroit announcing team now. Great guy, good insights, but Larry Murphey, who he replaced, was so much better.

Osgood says Corey Crawford looks better fundamentally than last year. High praise, Osgood is one of the smarter, more under-appreciated goalies ever.

Detroit has some work to do if they want to have a successful season. However, Tatar looks to be the real deal.

Smaller net looks to have players doing more wraparound type shots.

10 days to go!

Some random thoughts from the preseason so far.

Edmonton might not make the playoffs, but they are going to be incredibly fun to watch this year and they are going to be a top team in the next couple years.

Vancouver however has all the makings of a train wreck.

How is it Chicago has probably the best color commentator, and the hands down worst play by play guy in hockey?

Speaking of Chicago, the offense so far looks really scrambly and inconsistent.

And on defense, Pitt wants to fix what went wrong in the playoffs. Not happening so far.

Big Buff is poised to have his best season. Several reports of him being slimmer, stronger and more motivated than ever before. About time. Now if they would end the whole defense experiment with him...

Any one taking bets on how long till there is officially another goaly controversy in Philly? 1 month? 2?

More later, got to go babysit.

Already, though, Edmonton has had a few tough injuries.

MG I am ready for you to start hating me again.

MG I am ready for you to start hating me again.

Well if you wouldn't cheer for such a whiny cry-baby ***** team, then we wouldn't have a problem, eh. :2razz:

Heck, I have a big moral dilemma come Sochi. Marchand got invited to play for Team Canada. If he makes the team, and happens to score the winning goal in overtime of the gold medal game, I am not sure if I will cheer.

Yes, the hate is that deep.

Well if you wouldn't cheer for such a whiny cry-baby ***** team, then we wouldn't have a problem, eh. :2razz:

Heck, I have a big moral dilemma come Sochi. Marchand got invited to play for Team Canada. If he makes the team, and happens to score the winning goal in overtime of the gold medal game, I am not sure if I will cheer.

Yes, the hate is that deep.

Feel ya. I relish anytime anything bad happens to a rival team. Hell, sometimes the NY Jets set me up for a year.

Season starts tomorrow, so time for predictions!

East

Atlantic

1: Boston
2: Detroit
3: Toronto

Metropolitan

1: Pittsburgh
2: Washington
3: NY Rangers

Wild Cards

1: Ottawa
2: Montreal

Western

Central

1: Chicago
2: St. Louis
3: Nashville?

Pacific

1: Los Angeles
2: San Jose
3: Edmonton(yes, you read that right)

Wild Cards

1: Vancouver
2: Anaheim

Boston once again wins the East, San Jose wins the west, Boston wins the cup.

Random predictions:

• Philly will have a goaltending controversy
  • Crosby will miss a major part of the season with a concussion
  • Detroit will be the team no one wants to meet in the playoffs
  • The Isles will be close but won't quite make it. Next year tho~
  • The Central will be the weakest division, with only Chicago and St. Louis being above .500. Those two teams will battle it out to the end over the division championship.
  • Winnipeg...LoLz
  • Funnest teams to watch will be the Isles and Edmonton
  • This will be Brodeur's last season. The greatest goaltender ever will retire at season end.
  • New Jersey just might make the playoffs, but more likely just miss. Kovalchuk leaving will make the team stronger next year however.
  • Bobrovski will be good again this year, but not at the level of last. What team did he use to play for that decided they did not need a goaltender...
  • Philly...LoLz
  • Vancouver will be soap opera, with a new coach not meshing well with players, and the discovery they traded away the wrong goaltender
  • Rangers on the other hand will be glad for the coaching switch.
  • Colorodo's Wah will not be happy most of the season.

Back
Top Bottom