• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NH Republican votes to restore Planned Parenthood funding

The P.P. "controversy" was not deep and broad. It was a concocted witch hunt aimed at a narrow right wing audience which is a portion of his constituents. Right from the start it was debunked by many informed people. It was similar to what happened to ACORN and Shirley Sherrod. It was hype. And Sununu voted without bothering to learn the truth. As a representative of his constituents he should have looked into it, got himself informed, and then corrected the lies.

And you don't like Daily Kos? Try this...

"Sununu is pro-abortion rights and has approved Planned Parenthood contracts in the past, but he cast the deciding vote to deny the organization $639,000 in state money last year. Sununu had previously said his vote was driven by the secret videos of national Planned Parenthood officials allegedly discussing the sale of fetal tissue." - Concord Monitor - Planned Parenthood contract to come before Executive Council a second time

And...

“This contract does not have anything to do with pro-choice or pro-life. That is not at the heart of the issue. It is who are we going to do business with. It goes to the integrity and character of the state of New Hampshire. Even Hillary Clinton called those videos disturbing,” he said.
“We are choosing to say no to using state funds to go to this kind of organization with these kinds of dubious business practices.”
Drew Cline: Why Chris Sununu voted against contracting with Planned Parenthood | New Hampshire
Chris Sununu for Governor: Union Leader: Why Chris Sununu voted against contracting with Planned Parenthood

And "constituents"??? Yup. FIVE of them:
"Republican councilmember Chris Sununu, who is expected to run for governor in 2016, said he voted to defund Planned Parenthood after hearing from five women who said they felt uncomfortable with Planned Parenthood’s reputation."
https://rewire.news/article/2015/08/07/new-hampshire-republicans-vote-defund-planned-parenthood/

LOL.

I think Sununu's own words have already established his motivations.

From one of your posts:

Chris Sununu for Governor: Union Leader: Why Chris Sununu voted against contracting with Planned Parenthood

“This contract does not have anything to do with pro-choice or pro-life. That is not at the heart of the issue. It is who are we going to do business with. It goes to the integrity and character of the state of New Hampshire. Even Hillary Clinton called those videos disturbing,” he said.

“We are choosing to say no to using state funds to go to this kind of organization with these kinds of dubious business practices.”

It is the same standard most people would apply to any business up for a state contract, he said.

“Given that Planned Parenthood is under investigation by the federal government and is in trouble in at least 10 states, we should take a pause.​

As he stated, since PP is no longer under investigation on this issue, he is treating it like "any business up for a state contract".

DailyKos is nothing but hate, propaganda, and lies. It's telling it was used as a source when making a statement about media hyped lies.

Tell me, what about that situation makes abortion necessary?

What would you call your Mom/Sister and Dad/Grandfather?

Probably nothing due to severe retardation.

I see no reason why money should be taken by force from you and given to Lockheed Martin. Do you?

So, you're either arguing for personal veto power for every citizen over Federal spending, or literally not having taxes.

Senter,

Would you be kind enough to reread H.R. 3762 and report back to us on the impact of Obama's presidential veto of it?

Thank you.

LOL.

I think Sununu's own words have already established his motivations.

From one of your posts:

“...... “We are choosing to say no to using state funds to go to this kind of organization with these kinds of dubious business practices.”​

"dubious business practices"? Really? So this confirms what Daily Kos said. He thought, based on . . . . umm . . . SOMETHING . . . . -- that P.P. had "dubious business practices". It doesn't. But he is referring to the "dubious business practices" portrayed in the faked videos. You lose.

"dubious business practices"? Really? So this confirms what Daily Kos said. He thought, based on . . . . umm . . . SOMETHING . . . . -- that P.P. had "dubious business practices". It doesn't. But he is referring to the "dubious business practices" portrayed in the faked videos. You lose.

Nothing confirms the lies Kos spewed. PP was under investigation at the time he voted originally. Is your ideology so entrenched it becomes impossible to read English?

What did he do when PP was no longer under investigation?

Nothing confirms the lies Kos spewed. PP was under investigation at the time he voted originally. Is your ideology so entrenched it becomes impossible to read English?

What did he do when PP was no longer under investigation?

No, it seems you are the one unable to read English. He said he voted against funding because of the "controversy", e.g. video hysteria.

So, you're either arguing for personal veto power for every citizen over Federal spending, or literally not having taxes.

So you weren't able to come up with a reason why money should be taken from you and given to Lockheed Martin.

No, it seems you are the one unable to read English. He said he voted against funding because of the "controversy", e.g. video hysteria.

LOL

I'd say it's rather evident I can read, as I have been posting direct comments from the person who spoke them, while it seems you are dependent on interjecting spin, distortion, and in the case of Kos, absolute lies.

The man stated in writing, and in voice, his latest vote was the direct result of PP no longer being under investigation, which was the criteria he stated in writing and his own words, was the test in his original vote.

Case closed.

Senter,

Thank you.

Would you be kind enough to tell us where Planned Parenthood Gulf Coast gets its funding?

There is no reason for tax dollars to support the largest abortion operation in the US. He voted right the first time. Perhaps he is in a close race this fall and is just trying to save his own ass rather than adhere to any particular principles.

This guy's a Piece of ****, and Planned Parenthood is a peice of ****.

Then you know nothing about how P.P. is funded.

You have no idea what the word "fungible" means. It is a basic principle of all currencies. It makes no difference how unplanned parenthood is funded.

So you weren't able to come up with a reason why money should be taken from you and given to Lockheed Martin.
...you're asking me to justify the spending I said I opposed?

I'm not sure where you're going with this.

But I think if you asked the Pentagon, they'd say "we need fighter jets to defend our nation."

You have no idea what the word "fungible" means. It is a basic principle of all currencies. It makes no difference how unplanned parenthood is funded.

It also makes no difference whether you personally approve of every penny of Federal spending. You get to veto PP funding when I get to veto the prison-industrial complex.

Back
Top Bottom