• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NH issues mask mandate ahead of motorcycle rally: 'Sturgis was a real clear warning'

JacksinPA

Supporting Member
DP Veteran
Monthly Donator
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Progressive
NH issues mask mandate ahead of motorcycle rally: 'Sturgis was a real clear warning' | TheHill

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) has issued a mask mandate ahead of a large motorcycle rally later this month in the state.

New Hampshire is set to host the Laconia motorcycle rally from Aug. 22-30, a smaller version of the 80th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota. The New Hampshire event normally attracts thousands of people to the Granite State.

The order, which requires people in attendance at gatherings of 100 or more people to wear a mask, was enacted by Sununu after he watched videos of attendees who were gathering close together at the Sturgis rally over the weekend without protection.

"Sturgis was a real clear warning sign to us," Sununu said during a Tuesday press conference. "I don't think anyone saw the photos out of Sturgis and said, 'That looks safe.' No, I think it just brought a second level of awareness to us on all these different matters."

Those who attended the rally in South Dakota were encouraged, but not required, to wear a facial covering. The 10-day event that started on Friday is estimated to attract about 250,000 people to the state.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) welcomed the rally, citing the state's relatively low coronavirus case counts after President Trump's Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore.

The mandate comes as the U.S. still struggles to stem the spread of the coronavirus. Cases have ticked down in a number of states in recent weeks, but still remain at high levels.
====================================================================================
Noem is a right-wing nut job.

Do not gather in crowds during a pandemic.

NH issues mask mandate ahead of motorcycle rally: 'Sturgis was a real clear warning' | TheHill

New Hampshire Gov. Chris Sununu (R) has issued a mask mandate ahead of a large motorcycle rally later this month in the state.

New Hampshire is set to host the Laconia motorcycle rally from Aug. 22-30, a smaller version of the 80th Annual Sturgis Motorcycle Rally in South Dakota. The New Hampshire event normally attracts thousands of people to the Granite State.

The order, which requires people in attendance at gatherings of 100 or more people to wear a mask, was enacted by Sununu after he watched videos of attendees who were gathering close together at the Sturgis rally over the weekend without protection.

"Sturgis was a real clear warning sign to us," Sununu said during a Tuesday press conference. "I don't think anyone saw the photos out of Sturgis and said, 'That looks safe.' No, I think it just brought a second level of awareness to us on all these different matters."

Those who attended the rally in South Dakota were encouraged, but not required, to wear a facial covering. The 10-day event that started on Friday is estimated to attract about 250,000 people to the state.

South Dakota Gov. Kristi Noem (R) welcomed the rally, citing the state's relatively low coronavirus case counts after President Trump's Fourth of July celebration at Mount Rushmore.

The mandate comes as the U.S. still struggles to stem the spread of the coronavirus. Cases have ticked down in a number of states in recent weeks, but still remain at high levels.
====================================================================================

Whenever I read about a Republican who's not nuts, I feel like I've sighted a unicorn. Good for Governor Sununu!

A Republican Governor being logical.

Whenever I read about a Republican who's not nuts, I feel like I've sighted a unicorn. Good for Governor Sununu!

I love my governor. He is the only Republican who has my vote in November.

He distances himself from that freak Trump. He's a great and pragmatic man, and isn't a moron.

Wha??

*emphasis mine

He's got to be kidding. May as well not issue the order!

I love my governor. He is the only Republican who has my vote in November.

He distances himself from that freak Trump. He's a great and pragmatic man, and isn't a moron.

Gov. Sununu is still a Qpublican TrumpQin, since he openly supports Trump for President.

Interesting how two people can look at the same information and come to completely different conclusions.

I'm not sure Sunnu's order of only wearing masks at gatherings of 100 people or more is really effective. His run has lead to 2X as many deaths per unit population as South Dakota, so there is conflicting evidence on his leadership skills versus Noems.

Interesting how two people can look at the same information and come to completely different conclusions.

I'm not sure Sunnu's order of only wearing masks at gatherings of 100 people or more is really effective. His run has lead to 2X as many deaths per unit population as South Dakota, so there is conflicting evidence on his leadership skills versus Noems.
There could be a comparison between the two QOP governors of SD and NH if SD was honest with their case and death numbers. Gov. Noem, just like Gov. Ricketts of NE, has openly stated she will NOT count those who work at meat-processing plants, for instance.

Gov. Sununu isn’t bat-**** crazy, but he openly supports Trump, is up for re-election, and is between a Trump and a very hard place.. This move by Sununu was an appeal to independents in a state that is 1/3 R, 1/3 D, and 1/3 I. He’s a popular governor and will be re-elected.

Poor attempt at dividing two posters.

Last edited:

So much for "Live Free or die"?(LOL)

Does this go for BLM protests/Riots/looting?

(LOL)

Ah, another right winger who imagines that he has found an argumentative foothold.

Do not gather in crowds during a pandemic.

If you are still confused, refer to this post again.

Hi, I really want to join the motorcycle rally but I am aware of the corona virus issue. Can I wear face mask under helmet while I was in motorcycle rally? I have read this article and it says not to wear face mask under helmet but I am looking for more expert advice? Thank you for your help. :)
Source: wear-face-mask-under-helmet

Hi, I really want to join the motorcycle rally but I am aware of the corona virus issue. Can I wear face mask under helmet while I was in motorcycle rally? I have read this article and it says not to wear face mask under helmet but I am looking for more expert advice? Thank you for your help. :)
Source: wear-face-mask-under-helmet

Wear one when you take your helmet off. Simple. If you're riding on the open road there's no need for one. Maybe invest in an open or half face helmet and wear a mask with those if you need to go to the rally. Goggles will also help to stop the virus getting into your system through your eyes.

Back
Top Bottom