• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Sideline Buffoons

Crosscheck

Banned
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Undisclosed
Watching the Seahawks-Panthers game and in the 4th quarter there was a Seahawk receiver rammed off into the sidelines by a Panther defenseman.

Typical play seen every Sunday.

But this time the Seahawk crashes into one of the chain gang members who appears to be 80 years old. Of course it knocks the older man on his butt with a frantic look on his face going down.

Why oh why do you have some 80 year old out on the sideline, Or for that matter why are there people standing on the sidelines oblivious that a runaway train can come charging off the field at any time.

There I feel better.

Watching the Seahawks-Panthers game and in the 4th quarter there was a Seahawk receiver rammed off into the sidelines by a Panther defenseman.

Typical play seen every Sunday.

But this time the Seahawk crashes into one of the chain gang members who appears to be 80 years old. Of course it knocks the older man on his butt with a frantic look on his face going down.

Why oh why do you have some 80 year old out on the sideline, Or for that matter why are there people standing on the sidelines oblivious that a runaway train can come charging off the field at any time.

There I feel better.

In that case why we do allow kids and 80 year olds at a baseball game? They could be hit in the head with a baseball or if a hitter loses grip of his bat a baseball bat?

In that case why we do allow kids and 80 year olds at a baseball game? They could be hit in the head with a baseball or if a hitter loses grip of his bat a baseball bat?

You got a point. I forgot that most major league parks had taken down the screen behind home plate so fans could see better.

You got a point. I forgot that most major league parks had taken down the screen behind home plate so fans could see better.

I'm not sure what to do about it. There doesn't appear to be a lot of space.

I'm not sure what to do about it. There doesn't appear to be a lot of space.

Ya those are funny but play them with the speed @ 0.25 and they all sound like a bunch of drunks :lol:

Different odds.

Calculate area and impact size for a foul ball. A flying bat, like a football player, can be and should be avoided via seating.

I've seen middle-aged people carried of in stretchers after taking a foul ball to the head at Dodger Stadium.

In that case, why allow anyone at a baseball game?

I hope your being sarcastic. Because they haven't, actually they've added nets/screens to better protect the fans.

I've seen middle-aged people carried of in stretchers after taking a foul ball to the head at Dodger Stadium.

In that case, why allow anyone at a baseball game?

Old people don't react quickly to mitigate damage and they recover less or more slowly.

Old people don't react quickly to mitigate damage and recover less or more slowly.

Once you're close enough to the field of play, reaction time isn't very important. Nor if one isn't paying attention at that exact moment.

Once you're close enough to the field of play, reaction time isn't very important. Nor if one isn't paying attention at that exact moment.

Maybe old people should be separate but equal.

Of course I am. It is after bucky was trying to make some poor comparison of the dangers of sitting in the stands at the baseball game compared to standing 2 feet off the sidelines.

I was just saying whose great idea was it to have 80 year olds out there holding the chains? You need people who can quickly get out of the way and if they do get hit it doesn't fracture their brittle bones.

What is so hard about that to understand?

Of course I am. It is after bucky was trying to make some poor comparison of the dangers of sitting in the stands at the baseball game compared to standing 2 feet off the sidelines.

I was just saying whose great idea was it to have 80 year olds out there holding the chains? You need people who can quickly get out of the way and if they do get hit it doesn't fracture their brittle bones.

What is so hard about that to understand?

Aren't many of the referees in their 50s and 60s, and out of shape, as well as the coaches?

Back
Top Bottom