• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL pro Phillip Adams killed five, then himself in Rock Hill shooting

Bucky

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Independent
A gunman who killed five people Wednesday including a prominent doctor in South Carolina was former NFL pro Phillip Adams, who killed himself early Thursday, according to a source who was briefed on the investigation.

The source, who spoke on condition of anonymity because he wasn't authorized to speak publicly, said Adams' parents live near the doctor's home in Rock Hill, and that he had been treated by the doctor. The source said Phillips killed himself after midnight with a .45 caliber weapon.

The investigation is ongoing, he said.

1617892672729.png

What an unspeakable act. This clearly sick individual killed the doctor's grandchildren. More senseless gun violence from an individual that had no business having a firearm.

Unless we get swift federal legislation, 2021 will be the year of mass shootings. We have a lot of mentally unstable people whose conditions exasperated because of the pandemic. With things opening up, I have a bad feeling things will get a lot worse.

Not surprised this happened in South Carolina.

the South-South Carolina, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi, Louisiana, Texas, Florida, have some of the weakest gun laws in the country. It is not surprising these states have among the highest gun death rate and the highest rates of gun exports later used in crime.

(n)

Last edited:
We could have a mass shooting on Capitol Hill and nothing would change. The day conservative America heard about all of the Sandy Hook first graders having their heads caved in with an AR-15 and responded with a collective shrug and a call for more guns, that became kind of clear. My only real hope for movement on the problem is that the generation that has had to grow up with school shooting drills because of conservative intransigence will bring some much needed clarity to this issue once they take over in the coming years.

View attachment 67327406

What an unspeakable act. This clearly sick individual killed the doctor's grandchildren. More senseless gun violence from an individual that had no business having a firearm.

If only there were laws to prevent such easy access!

Does this mean once again we were failed by all of our Good Guys with Guns? :(

Does this mean once again we were failed by all of our Good Guys with Guns? :(

The question I have is when a Bad Guy with a Gun kills himself, does that make him a Good Guy with a Gun?

The question I have is when a Bad Guy with a Gun kills himself, does that make him a Good Guy with a Gun?

Does it feel like a lot of good came out of this story?

I don't find this a laughing matter.

Too each their own. I personally find the whole "Good Guy with a Gun" argument to be absurd.

Back
Top Bottom