• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason

soccerboy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
Preseason starts tonight. So any predictions for Super Bowl teams and winner? Who do you think will be the "surprise" team this year.

Personally as a Patriots fan I have to give my nod to them. And the more Reevis holds on in New Jersey the happier I will be. Hoping to see a Patriots vs. Saints Super Bowl, winner being Patriots.

That being said as a huge fan of the NFL I say Super Bowl will be Ravens vs. Saints, winner being Ravens. I think their defense is too good and their offensive should be even better with what they got from the offseason and Flaco having some more playoff experience under his belt.

Preseason starts tonight. So any predictions for Super Bowl teams and winner? Who do you think will be the "surprise" team this year.

Personally as a Patriots fan I have to give my nod to them. And the more Reevis holds on in New Jersey the happier I will be. Hoping to see a Patriots vs. Saints Super Bowl, winner being Patriots.

That being said as a huge fan of the NFL I say Super Bowl will be Ravens vs. Saints, winner being Ravens. I think their defense is too good and their offensive should be even better with what they got from the offseason and Flaco having some more playoff experience under his belt.

I totally forgot it starts 2 night thanks! So the bears run for the title begins! da bears da bulls da bears da bulls da bears da bulls da bears

Last edited:
I like my Panthers with QB Matt Moore and a field of good wideouts.

EDIT - and Thurs 8 pm, ESPN will be a preview of the Super Bowl this year, Panthers - Ravens and Panthers win.

Last edited:
Buffalo may just pull one off this year.

Pull out bottom of the AFC East again.

Yeah I grew up just 20 miles south of Charlotte and I always said they would do much better with someone other than Jakey at QB. He was just too wild at that position.

Thanks for giving us Chris Harris and julius peppers, to very solid players at their respective positions.

Thanks for giving us Chris Harris and julius peppers, to very solid players at their respective positions.

Sorry to see them go. Do y'all know what to do with Peppers?

Yeah I grew up just 20 miles south of Charlotte and I always said they would do much better with someone other than Jakey at QB. He was just too wild at that position.

Matt is dynamite. We are a defensive team with a hell of a running game and we got passing too. Look out!

Matt is dynamite. We are a defensive team with a hell of a running game and we got passing too. Look out!

Yeah I just couldn't give you guys the nod being with the Saints.

i hate the patriots. i'll take the colts.

i hate the patriots. i'll take the colts.

Don't worry the feeling is mutual. That being said Peyton Manning is a hell of a guy. Like him as a person, hate him as a QB.

I'm pulling for a Vikings Colts superbowl, if for no other reason to finally get Favre to retire.

Did someone REALLY suggest the Bears were going to the superbowl???

Don't worry the feeling is mutual. That being said Peyton Manning is a hell of a guy. Like him as a person, hate him as a QB.

don't hate him because he's so good. i hate billy boy.......he's slime.

I'm pulling for a Vikings Colts superbowl, if for no other reason to finally get Favre to retire.

is he going to play this year?

is he going to play this year?

everything I have seen says he will. His comments were "if my ankle holds up" but his friends have said its a done deal. I think that last pass he threw stings a bit...

I think da bears have a good shot.

everything I have seen says he will. His comments were "if my ankle holds up" but his friends have said its a done deal. I think that last pass he threw stings a bit...

poor brett, the minute the world stops looking at him, he feels the need to put himself out there so everybody can guess what he's going to do. i hope he plays, and gets slaughtered.

don't hate him because he's so good. i hate billy boy.......he's slime.

I hate him because he is a Colt and they are our rivals. I will give you that Bill is a huge ass. But the man knows how to win so I am OK with it.

I think da bears have a good shot.

Dude, I'm quite possibly the world's biggest Bears fan but even I think they only have a slim shot at the playoffs this year (and that's if more than a few players have career years). As far as a "good shot" at the Superbowl, no way. Their chances for the superbowl are slim-to-none.

As much as it pains me to say it, Green Bay is the cream of the division and I think it's between them and the Saints for the NFC. If I were picking an underdog candidate that's going to surprise people, in the NFC it'd be the Redskins.

In the AFC, I'm going with the Jets all the way.

Dude, I'm quite possibly the world's biggest Bears fan but even I think they only have a slim shot at the playoffs this year (and that's if more than a few players have career years). As far as a "good shot" at the Superbowl, no way. Their chances for the superbowl are slim-to-none.

As much as it pains me to say it, Green Bay is the cream of the division and I think it's between them and the Saints for the NFC. If I were picking an underdog candidate that's going to surprise people, in the NFC it'd be the Redskins.

In the AFC, I'm going with the Jets all the way.

Don't worry fellow bears fan, Green Bay is a threat, but we should be able to generate more pressure with the addition of peppers, a healthy tommie harris will also be a force to be wreckoned with. Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisanoma are arguably the best line backing core in the league. Tillman is a very good corner, zach bowman had 6ints in only his second season, we got chris harris back at safety the guys a beast. Major wright the rookie from florida looks good. On offense we got a great 1-2 punch in forte-taylor at rb, greg olson one of the best pass catching te in the league along with clark a great 1-2 punch. Jay cutler is a young perenial pro bowler who has had a year to adjust to a new system, plus martz is the oc, hester and knox are two of the fastest wr in the league, they both had good numbers last year, we have one of the best special teams in the league hands down, gould is a pro bowl type kicker we have atleast three great kickoff returners knox,hester, and manning. our offensive line is good anchored by oline kreutz. The bears are simply a better rounded team in terms of all three phases of the game than the packers.

Don't worry fellow bears fan, Green Bay is a threat, but we should be able to generate more pressure with the addition of peppers, a healthy tommie harris will also be a force to be wreckoned with. Urlacher, Briggs, and Pisanoma are arguably the best line backing core in the league. Tillman is a very good corner, zach bowman had 6ints in only his second season, we got chris harris back at safety the guys a beast. Major wright the rookie from florida looks good. On offense we got a great 1-2 punch in forte-taylor at rb, greg olson one of the best pass catching te in the league along with clark a great 1-2 punch. Jay cutler is a young perenial pro bowler who has had a year to adjust to a new system, plus martz is the oc, hester and knox are two of the fastest wr in the league, they both had good numbers last year, we have one of the best special teams in the league hands down, gould is a pro bowl type kicker we have atleast three great kickoff returners knox,hester, and manning. our offensive line is good anchored by oline kreutz. The bears are simply a better rounded team in terms of all three phases of the game than the packers.

Urlacher and Tommie Harris need to show they can still play at a high level (although I will be the first to point tout that the two games Harris missed last season were where we got spanked the worst gainst the run).

Kreutz is done. Great career, but it's time to hang em up. Our line sucked last year. worst line all-around in the league. I have confidence in Williams turning into a solid left tackle,and Garza is decent, but they only have 2/5ths of a pro line out there right now. Maybe Tice can work his magic, but I'm not sold on Omanyale as a right tackle (a position he hasn't played since his sophomore year in college) and he ownright sucked last year at guard.

We do have goo dtight ends, but Clark's a lot more consistent than Olsen. Olsen has talent if he can hold onto the ball, but he's way too inconsistent and he can't run a route for ****. On top of that, he couldn't block a five year old girl.

Hester is not a receiver. Plain and simple. He's slightly dumebr than cat **** and doesn't know the routes. At least a few of Cutler's INT's last year can be chalked up as Hester brain farts. Aromashodu showed signs of potential last season towards the end, but until that point he was a career practice squad player. Knox is still learning, and he needs to run better routes as well, but I have more faith in him than Hester.

Cutler hasn't had a year to learn the system, because the system from last year is gone. He's learning an all-new system... again. And one that leads to lots and lots of sacks. If his receivers and line aren't having great years, it's going to be a very long one for Jay.

I'll reserve judgment on bowman till he actually does something of worth. Sure he had picks last year, but just a few years ago Nathan Vasher was "the interceptor". I don't get my hopes up anymore over a one year performance. Tillman is a very good corner, and I dislike that they are moving him to the other side in favor of bowman.

Harris was good a couple years ago with the panthers, but that was in a different system. He's an upgrade from what we had. Wright's a rookie who hasn't even played a single preseason game, let alone a real game. It's impossible to say if he's good, bad, or average. He does't look like anything yet.

If forte bounces back, and taylor plays well for a RB on the wrong side of thirty (the RB wall is 30) and the line learns how to run block, we have a chance for a decent running game. If everything plays out like last year, we will suck.

Peppers was a good signing, but he is also on the wrong side of 30. They signed him to a smart contract, so he has to perform to get his money. I expect about 8 sacks from him, but he coud surprise me.

Gould is money from within 50. I've got no worries with his kicking. We'll have a solid kick return team as well.

So basically, I see the bears as having big question marks at the two biggesat phases of the game and one phase where they are very good.

I have to ask, though. Are you a Cubs fan? Your faithful optimism is so stereotypically Cubs-fan that I have to ask. :lol:

Back
Top Bottom