• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason

I got the Bills as a dark horse making the playoffs this year. If they can stay healthy, the Bills eek it out with an 10 - 6 record, just sneaking in. :)

AFC east is the toughest division in Football, IMO, and all kinds of things can happen.

Go Bills!

Tim-

The Bills? They're the worst team in the AFC East, by a long shot.

And I grew up loving the Bills. They were my team when my friends and I all played Tecmo Bowl. The only difference is that I usually won when I made it to the Super Bowl.

All I had to do is beat Chris and his cokehead Cowboys.

And I grew up loving the Bills. They were my team when my friends and I all played Tecmo Bowl. The only difference is that I usually won when I made it to the Super Bowl.

Yeah, I don't seem them making the playoffs, but the worst team in the AFC East could be the BEST team in a couple of other divisions...

I doubt it. Over the last few years, the only real "weak" division was the NFC West, and you have to remember they sent a team to the Super Bowl recently.

Of course, that won't happen anymore. The Niners have the personnel (minus a QB) and the schedule to practically cakewalk to a division title and a playoff berth. Hell, I even have them going 11-5 this year.

Would be interesting to rank the Divisions in terms of pure power prior to the season and see how it falls out by the end. Mine would have to be:

NFC East, AFC East, NFC North, AFC South, NFC South, AFC North, AFC West, NFC West

Would be interesting to rank the Divisions in terms of pure power prior to the season and see how it falls out by the end. Mine would have to be:

NFC East, AFC East, NFC North, AFC South, NFC South, AFC North, AFC West, NFC West

I am going to have to disagree about where you put the AFC North. I think the battle between Cinn, Balt and Pitt for first and second will be pretty awesome. I would put them above AFC South.

NFC South are going to bear watching.

I am going to have to disagree about where you put the AFC North. I think the battle between Cinn, Balt and Pitt for first and second will be pretty awesome. I would put them above AFC South.

i don't know...the worst finish for the AFC south last year was one game below 500.

Did anyone see that the owners are talking about killing preseason and going to an 18 game schedule? geez...I hope so...I spent almost an hour watching that football abortion of a game between the 49ers and the Vikings. One word kept popping into my head...WHY???

If the Vikings line performance is any indication BTW...Favre is going to get beat down hard this year.

AFC south to me, by far, is the most powerful conference. You have a team that's won at least 12 games per season for what, 7 straight? You have a team with a running back that led the league in rushing, and you have a team with, debatably, the best wide receiver in the game. Then you have Jacksonville.

Okay, Jags may be a strike in that category, but they're hardly crap, and the other three teams are legitimate postseason contenders, along with one that's assured to be - and often an odds favorite to make a Super Bowl.

Did anyone see that the owners are talking about killing preseason and going to an 18 game schedule? geez...I hope so...I spent almost an hour watching that football abortion of a game between the 49ers and the Vikings. One word kept popping into my head...WHY???

If the Vikings line performance is any indication BTW...Favre is going to get beat down hard this year.

Yea I saw that on ESPN yesterday, I sure hope they expand the season. I find four preseason games to be too much and of course there is nothing wrong with more football.

Yea I saw that on ESPN yesterday, I sure hope they expand the season. I find four preseason games to be too much and of course there is nothing wrong with more football.

It probably won't happen though because the players are against it. They say it gives them more chances to get hurt...

I heard Sidney Rice is out for like half the season,is this a big blow to their offense?

Javon Walker got his ass beat and robbed...they found him face down in a parking lot somewhere...more to come...

NFC South are going to bear watching.

The gap between each of the first 6 is relatively small, the gap between the first six and the last 2 in my mind is rather vast

The gap between each of the first 6 is relatively small, the gap between the first six and the last 2 in my mind is rather vast

I can agree with that. For what ever reason the West in both the AFC and NFC are bad.

Well, I did say dark horse..

This is the way i see it going down:

2010 Regular Season Schedule
WK DATE OPPONENT TIME (ET) RESOURCES
1 Sun, Sep 12 vsMiami - Bills win a close one 28 - 21
2 Sun, Sep 19 @Green Bay - Bills beat up on Rodgers, win 20 - 17
3 Sun, Sep 26 @New England - Bills lose 14th straight game NE win 28 - 13
4 Sun, Oct 3 vsNew York - Bills win 30 - 17
5 Sun, Oct 10 vsJacksonville - Bills win 17 - 10
6 BYE WEEK
7 Sun, Oct 24 @Baltimore - Bills lose, Ravens win 21 - 14
8 Sun, Oct 31 @Kansas City - Galey wants revenge, Bills win 35 - 10
9 Sun, Nov 7 vsChicago - Close one Bills win this one in a low scoring affair 13 - 6
10 Sun, Nov 14 vsDetroit - Bills win 28 - 14
11 Sun, Nov 21 @Cincinnati - Bills win 28 - 21
12 Sun, Nov 28 vsPittsburgh - Bills lose Pitt wins 21 - 10
13 Sun, Dec 5 @Minnesota - Bills lose Vikings win 28 - 23
14 Sun, Dec 12 vsCleveland - Bills win 21 - 14
15 Sun, Dec 19 @Miami - Miami gets revenge, Miami wins this one 21 - 17
16 Sun, Dec 26 vsNew England - NE wins again 28 - 21
17 Sun, Jan 2 @New York - Bills win in NY 17 - 10

That gives the Bills a 10 - 6 record, and they squeek in. CJ Spiller runs for a 1000 yards, Jackson and Lynch combine for another 1000 yards. Bills employ a better version of the wildcat, and Evans catches 75 balls. Parrish, and (third receiver) combine for 100 catches. Mcyntre the FB catches 30 balls from the back field, running screens for 300 yards. Nelson the TE catches 50 balls for 600 yards.

Defense, the Bills lead the league in INT's, and top 5 for overall sacks. Top 10 in overall defense. Run defense is greatly improved this year top 15 in rush defense, and top 10 in pass defense.

Special teams, Bills lead the league in punt returns, and top 5 for kickoff returns. Kickers retain their NFL ranking in the top 5.

Intangibles, Bills greatly improve penalties against to top 15 in the NFL.

Of course this is all predicated on the Bills managing to stay healthy.

Tim-

AFC south to me, by far, is the most powerful conference. You have a team that's won at least 12 games per season for what, 7 straight? You have a team with a running back that led the league in rushing, and you have a team with, debatably, the best wide receiver in the game. Then you have Jacksonville.

Okay, Jags may be a strike in that category, but they're hardly crap, and the other three teams are legitimate postseason contenders, along with one that's assured to be - and often an odds favorite to make a Super Bowl.

exactly........

I would but I am already in three fantasy leagues, one of which I am running, and I am running a sort of pick em league. Although the pot for the pick em league is at 1k right now.

I haven't done a FF league in a few years. I could never get into free leagues, and I retired from paid leagues while I was ahead. Of seven seasons, I finished winning my division six times and once made rank nationally.

It'd be like Manny Ramirez pinch hitting for your company softball team.

I haven't done a FF league in a few years. I could never get into free leagues, and I retired from paid leagues while I was ahead. Of seven seasons, I finished winning my division six times and once made rank nationally.

It'd be like Manny Ramirez pinch hitting for your company softball team.

because nobody likes manny? ;-)

I like Manny. Hell, I cracked up when he responded to reporter questions in Spanish.

You know Ozzie Guillen had his hand in that pot.

Back
Top Bottom