• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason and Regular Season thread!

Jeezy, gotta disagree. I hate to say it but its Filthy's year this year. The only hope to possibly give them a run I think if I'm being honest is the Giants and that's only becuase they lost the fewest parts from last year. Yeah, the cowboys have a real coach now, but they've lost more than they gained this year and weren't exactly great last year. I think Dallas and Washington will be fighting for the cellar with NY and Philly fighting for the top spot.

Granted, its the NFL and anything can happen since we're talking about this crap during training camp...but from where I stand, Philly was already the top of the division and simply got better.

If I had to pick a team from the NFC East as the "favorite" or "best" then it would be Philadelphia. But that doesn't change the fact that the G-Men gifted them two wins last season.

I'm out of the loop. ESPN and SI are expensive/difficult pages to access from here. So, I'll be countin' on you guys to keep me informed. That means you gotta step up your game and provide top-calibre commentary. As an idiot (2 seasons since I've seen a game or been informed), I'll try to keep my own commentary limited :)

Go Phins

(Go Gators)

Being you're a fish fan, I will try to help you out. I will be looking for an easy or cheap website for your perusal.

If I had to pick a team from the NFC East as the "favorite" or "best" then it would be Philadelphia. But that doesn't change the fact that the G-Men gifted them two wins last season.

Philly will likely be tough, but Reid's correct to try and tone down the dream team talk. More than one paper gaint has failed to deliever on promises. Just saying. . . .

Let's go Cowboys! Let's own the Broncos, preseason game 1.

New rule? Did they disallow return attempts on end-zone reception from kick off?

New rule? Did they disallow return attempts on end-zone reception from kick off?
Kickoffs now take place on the 35 yard line rather than the 30 yard line. That 5 extra yards will create a lot more touchbacks and fewer kick returns.

Not sure where my post is about Ochoco woman coming him with him to live but it sounds they she is gonna be there:) I guess some posts got lost in the site being down.. Anyways seems like she gonna be trying to run that town. She really thinks Gisele is gonna be hanging with her? I dunno about that.

Meet Chad Ochocinco’s fiancee Evelyn Lozada:

Evelyn Lozada is New England Patriot superstar Chad Ochocinco’s best catch yet. The Bronx-born bombshell — there’s not a misplaced curve on her body — is one of the stars of VH1’s “Basketball Wives,” an entrepreneur and ready for her big, fabulous Boston takeover.
Meet Chad Ochocinco’s fiancee Evelyn Lozada - BostonHerald.com

How bout dem Texans eh? 2 Games of Preseason, two game of win, two games of defensive domination.

BOOYA.

How bout dem Texans eh? 2 Games of Preseason, two game of win, two games of defensive domination.

BOOYA.

It's preseason, Vic. It really doesn't mean anything, nor does it tel you much about how a team will fare in teh regular season. case in point, the '85 bears were arguably the most dominating defense in NFL history, and perhaps one of the most dominating teams in NFL history. They went 1-3 in the preseason and gave up 63 points in four games (compared to 198 total points for the entire season).

Only one of the preseason teams they faced had a winning record (the cowboys, whom the Bears beat 44-0 in the regular season) the other three combined for fewer wins that season than the bears had themselves (two 5-11 and a lowly 2-14 for the bills).

In other words, it's the preseason.

Last edited:
It's preseason, Vic. It really doesn't mean anything, nor does it tel you much about how a team will fare in teh regular season. case in point, the '85 bears were arguably the most dominating defense in NFL history, and perhaps one of the most dominating teams in NFL history. They went 1-3 in the preseason and gave up 63 points in four games (compared to 198 total points for the entire season).

Only one of the preseason teams they faced had a winning record (the cowboys, whom the Bears beat 44-0 in the regular season) the other three combined for fewer wins that season than the bears had themselves (two 5-11 and a lowly 2-14 for the bills).

In other words, it's the preseason.

DUH. But Pre-season in a year a team is making vast changes, can give you an idea of what changes to expect. In this case, our D, which sucked horrible pre season and regular season, were aggressive monsters so far.

Tis good to see.

DUH. But Pre-season in a year a team is making vast changes, can give you an idea of what changes to expect. In this case, our D, which sucked horrible pre season and regular season, were aggressive monsters so far.

Tis good to see.

They did make some nice moves on D, this is true. I'm glad they got rid of Okoye, too, cause he might be much better in the Bears 4-3 than he was for them.

Guys. Based on the preseason we got 19-0 this year.

I'd also be careful about declaring victory for Philly in the NFC East. The Giants essentially outplayed them in both divisional games, only to have their hopes shattered by some last minute big-time play-making and stupid turnovers.

Also, Dallas has a REAL coach this season...

Philly may get a nod as pre-season favorites, but it's too close to call.

Jason Garrett is a slimy little weasel. I have no faith in his "leadership".

Redskins beat Steelers

Steelers beat Eagles

Therefore Redskins = Dream Team?

I Can Haz Preseason Hype!?

Yeah, no. We still have the "young" 30 year old stormin' mormon or the Sex Canon ready to unlease the Dragon as our two quarterback options.

**** it, I'm going long.

I'm predicting we (Cowboys) go 9 of 17 in the regular season. Not sure how we can have so much talent and still have so many stupid penalities and breakdowns on the field. I thought the amazing Jason Garrett was supposed to have injected the discipline we were supposedly lacking.

Also predicting we do better on the road than at home. Home field advantage doesn't seem to exist in the Cowboy vocabulary.

I'm predicting we (Cowboys) go 9 of 17 in the regular season. Not sure how we can have so much talent and still have so many stupid penalities and breakdowns on the field. I thought the amazing Jason Garrett was supposed to have injected the discipline we were supposedly lacking.

Also predicting we do better on the road than at home. Home field advantage doesn't seem to exist in the Cowboy vocabulary.

we only play 16 games. If you were to watch more games, you would realize that the game last night had less penalties then pretty much any game this weekend.

I'm not that sold on this so called talent on Dallas, but I do think their head coach is a star in the making.

we only play 16 games. If you were to watch more games, you would realize that the game last night had less penalties then pretty much any game this weekend.

I'm not that sold on this so called talent on Dallas, but I do think their head coach is a star in the making.

Cowboy's schedule shows 17 games...

Cowboy's schedule shows 17 games...

16 games, 17 weeks. You have a bye in there.

You only get to 17 games if you get into the playoffs. Something I don't think we'll be seeing the Cowboys do this year.

nope. been 16 games for decades. new to the game are you?

Your condescending tone is not appreciated. I mis-read the bye week. And there was talk of extending the season last year, if I recall correctly.

Not agreeing with my assessment is fine. Coming off like a jerk doesn't suit you. This is sports, not life or death.

Redskins beat Steelers

Steelers beat Eagles

Therefore Redskins = Dream Team?

I Can Haz Preseason Hype!?

Yeah, no. We still have the "young" 30 year old stormin' mormon or the Sex Canon ready to unlease the Dragon as our two quarterback options.

**** it, I'm going long.

The Steelers without Polamalu and Harrison aren't really the Steelers

16 games, 17 weeks. You have a bye in there.

You only get to 17 games if you get into the playoffs. Something I don't think we'll be seeing the Cowboys do this year.

With how putrid I expect both the giants and skins to be, I could see a wild card out of them. They will again be one of the top scoring teams in the league.

The key will be the new defensive coordinator, and if he can pull off his exotic blitz packages with the weak secondary Dallas has.

Your condescending tone is not appreciated. I mis-read the bye week. And there was talk of extending the season last year, if I recall correctly.

Not agreeing with my assessment is fine. Coming off like a jerk doesn't suit you. This is sports, not life or death.

Different people appreciate different things.

I didn’t take the time to coddle you with your mistake, but I was far from rude about it.

I imagine the league will eventually go to an 18 game regular season, as the owners and tv networks are already pushing for that very thing.

I do agree with your 9-7 assessment however. This will largely depend on how fast they get out of the gate – they should be able to go 3-1 as long as the defense can learn the scheme in time to handle the easier opening schedule.

With how putrid I expect both the giants and skins to be, I could see a wild card out of them. They will again be one of the top scoring teams in the league.

The key will be the new defensive coordinator, and if he can pull off his exotic blitz packages with the weak secondary Dallas has.

There's no way I see Dallas going 4-0 against the Skins and the Giants. I highly doubt the likelihood of a wildcard. I think that the South has two teams and the North could be argued to have 1 to 3 teams that are more likely to manage a wild card birth than Dallas. Unless you buy into the "OMG Dallas has superbowl talent and this is their year!" hype that happens by the sports media every year since 1996

Back
Top Bottom