• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason and Regular Season thread!

I am, or at least I have been a Washington Redskins fan. It would appear to me that Mike Shannahan and Bruce Allen have already thrown away the 2011-12 season. I'm happy that McShame and Haynesworth are gone, but that team literally has less talent on it NOW than it did at the end of last season. Even with 12 draft picks and being relatively active in free agency so far, there's only one player even potentially of Pro Bowl caliber on that roster right now - Bryan Orakpo (OLB) after that it's all third and fourth tier talent. My only thought is that they've decided to throw this season away in hopes of landing Andrew Luck with the #1 pick in next year's draft.

So here is what I think the division winners will look like:

AFC West: Kansas City. I know they don't stand much of a chance because I doubt the Chargers will have another bad season, but I hate Rivers.

The Chargers special teams better be sorted out, then they shouldn't have another bad season. What an embarrassment! I went to the Charger/Seahawk game. Words cannot convey how disappointing it was except that, it kept happening as the season went on.

Why the hate for Phillips? :D

The Chargers special teams better be sorted out, then they shouldn't have another bad season. What an embarrassment! I went to the Charger/Seahawk game. Words cannot convey how disappointing it was except that, it kept happening as the season went on.

I'm not a big KC fan, but I love watching Javier Arenas play, he's electric! Alas, my roots are showing.

Rivers is a tool. After the 07 season he said the only reason the Pats won was because they knew the signals he uses at QB. Every defensive players studies the signals the QB uses on the field when he changes plays.

I would have thought the minute the lockout ended they would have started going for people like Matt Light and other Olinemen.

They did draft the Outland trophy winner from college. He should at least get a shot at RT. Being a Badgers fan I've seen him play the last 4 years, and while he is not Joe Thomas, he's a solid pro prospect in my opinion.

They did draft the Outland trophy winner from college. He should at least get a shot at RT. Being a Badgers fan I've seen him play the last 4 years, and while he is not Joe Thomas, he's a solid pro prospect in my opinion.

He'll be at left, though. Webb is actually serviceable at right, but could never play left.

He'll be at left, though. Webb is actually serviceable at right, but could never play left.

Hmmm. Well I think he's got the potential to play left. I've been watching replays of Wisconsin football on saturdays on the big ten network. The only concern I would have for him is his pad level against a small DE, or fast LB in a 3-4 scheme coming off the edge. He's tall, and about the only weakness I have seen with him is from time to time, a faster smaller guy can get underneath his pad. I'm sure the Bears coaches will do nothing to address this.

Being a Fish fan, I hate it to say it, but NE looks strong. I don't like it, but they are strong. Don't rule out the Jets. GB is the team to beat. They won last year, and until they are out, it is their's to loss. Pittsburgh is always strong. The Texans are pretenders, and if Manny comes back, no one is beating Indy in that division. KC was good last year, but I agree SD is the team to beat. Let's see how KC handles a harder schedule. The NFC west is open, I don't see one team dominating, St. Louis was good, but let's see if the QB can carryover to this year. How do you not count NO, but Atlanta can easily come away with that Division. NFC East? Eagles?

Every year there is a surprise, and this is why the NFL is the greatest pro sport. I will probably be laughing at these picks.

HA~! Houston's Offensive will be dominate again, and this year, instead of a push over D with no backfield, we have filled the holes. Watch Houston take the AFC South title this year. Maybe Indy can pull off the Wild Card as a consolation prize.

I'm sure the Bears coaches will do nothing to address this.

Actually, I'm going to disagree on that one. Mike Tice is a phenomenal o-line coach. He managed miracles last year with the crap he had (That line should have looked like the worst in history instead of just the worst in the league). If anyone can halp Camiri with that, it'll be Tice.

Actually, I'm going to disagree on that one. Mike Tice is a phenomenal o-line coach. He managed miracles last year with the crap he had (That line should have looked like the worst in history instead of just the worst in the league). If anyone can halp Camiri with that, it'll be Tice.

And there is a connection there, because Mice Tice's son, Nate Tice is the 5th string QB at Wisconsin.

Rivers is a tool. After the 07 season he said the only reason the Pats won was because they knew the signals he uses at QB. Every defensive players studies the signals the QB uses on the field when he changes plays.

I was curious to see which of the complaints against him was yours. :) Let's agree to disagree on that one. :)

Tigger, its not about throwing the season away, its about building. The Redskins are in the midst of something they haven't honestly and truly been in for at least a decade if not more, save perhaps the one season under Marty and that was blown up.

A rebuild.

Redskin fans are somehow isolated from this notion, seeing it done with other teams but yet not being able to recognize it with our own.

This is a good thing. This past week has been such a breath of fresh air that I can't fully explain it. Rather than trading away picks for questionable or unnecessary talent, we actually got picks by getting rid of players that would've been cut or caused problems.

When the agent of our top free agent target decided to be cute and try to get more money out of us we didn't just throw more cash at Jenkins, we turned around and went with our second choice.

Rather than immediately jumping in to make a splash with a questionable character guy who would demand more money than he's worth to come here (Holmes) or breaking the bank for an over 30 year old cornerback, we held ourselves at check.

The free agents we've been signing such as Coefield, Chester, Wilson, and Bowen are all under 30 years old. None of the contracts we've signed have been for absurd money.

Am I highly questionable about John Beck? Absolutely. Do I really think we need another CB? Yes. Do I think we're going to be great this year? No, not at all.

But I love the philosophy I'm seeing and I love the notion of actually, honestly, attempting to rebuild so that a year to two down the line we may actually start being able to compete for not just a year but for multiple years. If we happen to get Luck, Jones, or Barkley in the process? Fine by me. I'm happy to see the Eagles being the Off-Season Champs this year, especially while they're star WR is sitting there holding out for more (deserved imho) money while they're tossing it at every nut case, one year wonder, or 30+ year old big name they can find.

AFC East: New England. And not just because I am a fan, but history is on the side of these Patriots.
AFC South: Houston. Manning's surgery will start him out slow.
AFC North: Steelers. I would have gone with Baltimore before they gutted their offense.
AFC West: Kansas City. I know they don't stand much of a chance because I doubt the Chargers will have another bad season, but I hate Rivers.

NFC East: Philly. Picking up Nnambi was HUGE and I don't think the Cowboys nor NY will do anything.
NFC South: Atlanta. **** you Matt Ryan you BC POS, but I do think they will win it again. Some one has to break that trend.
NFC North: Green Bay (Sorry Tucker). Just don't see the improvements to the O-line to Chicago and Green Bay is still as scary.
NFC West: St. Louis. I think the Rams will finally have it this year. They have an impressive QB.

Yes, Atlanta could very well break the trend, But I'm nto sure why you attack Ryan. He's done a fairly good job as a pro.

Yes, Atlanta could very well break the trend, But I'm nto sure why you attack Ryan. He's done a fairly good job as a pro.

He went to BC, I went to BU. Because of that I simply cannot like him.

AFC East: New England. And not just because I am a fan, but history is on the side of these Patriots.
AFC South: Houston. Manning's surgery will start him out slow.
AFC North: Steelers. I would have gone with Baltimore before they gutted their offense.

NFC East: Philly. Picking up Nnambi was HUGE and I don't think the Cowboys nor NY will do anything.
NFC South: Atlanta. **** you Matt Ryan you BC POS, but I do think they will win it again. Some one has to break that trend.
NFC North: Green Bay (Sorry Tucker). Just don't see the improvements to the O-line to Chicago and Green Bay is still as scary.
NFC West: St. Louis. I think the Rams will finally have it this year. They have an impressive QB.

Disagree about Houston winning the division. The Colts picked up two offensive linemen this draft that will be starting immediately. Injuries really got to them last season. Ultimately, their secondary will need to mature.

Disagree about Houston winning the division. The Colts picked up two offensive linemen this draft that will be starting immediately. Injuries really got to them last season. Ultimately, their secondary will need to mature.

This I agree with you on. I wouldn't bet agianst either Brady or Manning just yet.

This I agree with you on. I wouldn't bet agianst either Brady or Manning just yet.

I'd also be careful about declaring victory for Philly in the NFC East. The Giants essentially outplayed them in both divisional games, only to have their hopes shattered by some last minute big-time play-making and stupid turnovers.

Also, Dallas has a REAL coach this season...

Philly may get a nod as pre-season favorites, but it's too close to call.

I'd also be careful about declaring victory for Philly in the NFC East. The Giants essentially outplayed them in both divisional games, only to have their hopes shattered by some last minute big-time play-making and stupid turnovers.

Also, Dallas has a REAL coach this season...

Philly may get a nod as pre-season favorites, but it's too close to call.

Agreed. It's shaping up to be an interesting season.

Jeezy, gotta disagree. I hate to say it but its Filthy's year this year. The only hope to possibly give them a run I think if I'm being honest is the Giants and that's only becuase they lost the fewest parts from last year. Yeah, the cowboys have a real coach now, but they've lost more than they gained this year and weren't exactly great last year. I think Dallas and Washington will be fighting for the cellar with NY and Philly fighting for the top spot.

Granted, its the NFL and anything can happen since we're talking about this crap during training camp...but from where I stand, Philly was already the top of the division and simply got better.

I'm out of the loop. ESPN and SI are expensive/difficult pages to access from here. So, I'll be countin' on you guys to keep me informed. That means you gotta step up your game and provide top-calibre commentary. As an idiot (2 seasons since I've seen a game or been informed), I'll try to keep my own commentary limited :)

Go Phins

(Go Gators)

Back
Top Bottom