• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason and Regular Season thread!

Week 3 picks.

Patriots vs. Bills- Yeah good run Bills, but I don't think your D can stop my mancrush. Plus that 15 game winning streak helps.
49ers vs. Bengals- I am going to give the nod to the rookie QB from Sincity, he has been kind of impressive.
Dolphins vs. Browns- Yeah, I think Henne has got this one. He preformed pretty well against two of the better teams in the league and the pressure shouldn't be as bad with the Browns.
Broncos vs. Titans- Titans, but at least Orton won't have to hear the chants for Tebow.
Lions vs. Vikings- Lions, that D is something fierce and a healthy Stafford is leading the O.
Texans vs. Saints- I am split here, but I am giving a slight edge to the Saints. Why? Drew Brees has been pretty fantastic so far and that Houston secondary has yet to be challenged by a high tier QB.
Giants vs. Eagles- Eagles, the Giants D is too banged up to slow down the Eagles.
Jaguars vs. Panthers- Rookie QB show down, but given how Newton has played so far and it being Gabbert's first start, I think Newton will get his first W.
Jets vs. Raiders- ****ing Jets. God I hope the Raiders prove me wrong here.
Ravens vs. Rams- Bradford looks good, but the rest of his O is nonexistent it seems like. Things won't be any easier for him against the Ravens. Maybe when he starts playing some NFC West teams he will start racking up those wins, but not tomorrow.
Chiefs vs. Chargers- Chargers, but maybe the Chiefs won't get blown out....hahaha...
Packers vs. Bears- I am publicly only picking the Bears here because I have been giving Tucker a really hard time as of late. Just let Rodgers get 50 points, he is my fantasy QB.
Cardinals vs. Seahawks- Cardinals, go Kolb go!
Falcons vs. Buccaneers- I'm going to go with the Bucs. A emotional and hard fought Falcons/Eagles game will have the Falcons a bit sluggish on their short week.
Steelers vs. Colts- Steelers.
Redskins vs. Cowboys- All the credit to Romo for playing through his injury, but when watching him in interviews he looks like he is in pain doing the simplest of tasks. I think the Redskins will be all over him, thereby giving them the win.

Packers vs. Bears- I am publicly only picking the Bears here because I have been giving Tucker a really hard time as of late. Just let Rodgers get 50 points, he is my fantasy QB.

:rofl You're nuts. Even I'm picking the packers to win. I'll be on cloud nine if I'm wrong, and I'll only be pissed off for a couple of days if I'm right.

:rofl You're nuts. Even I'm picking the packers to win. I'll be on cloud nine if I'm wrong, and I'll only be pissed off for a couple of days if I'm right.

the packers defense has been pretty poor so far, and now they lost a pro bowler for the year on that side of the ball. I think it is going to be a close division game

In the pickem league where it is for money I picked the Packers, but here I get **** for being right, so why not.

Smart money is on the Packers. Rogers-->Jennings is a combination that'll slice up any defense. But I'll still be pulling for the Bears.

Smart money is on the Packers. Rogers-->Jennings is a combination that'll slice up any defense. But I'll still be pulling for the Bears.

You know why Rogers/Jennings slices up any defense? Because Greg Jennings got da team on his back doooo.

Anyone know what happened to Brady today? Some one was wearing his jersey, but it sure wasn't him playing.

Anyone know what happened to Brady today? Some one was wearing his jersey, but it sure wasn't him playing.

Wow. That was a shocker!

And, I'm not gloating. I am a Charger fan after all. :2razz:

Wow. That was a shocker!

And, I'm not gloating. I am a Charger fan after all. :2razz:

It was frustrating. Chad dropped a TD and they called a PI on us when the WR was running through the safety.

That being said, congrats to the Bills on their win. Records are meant to be broken.

Last edited:
It was frustrating. Chad dropped a TD and they called a PI on us when the WR was running through the safety.

That being said, congrats to the Bills on their win. Records are meant to be broken.

I bet it was! I didn't see the game, but I heard. Sorry SB. Disappointing when that stuff happens.

I bet it was! I didn't see the game, but I heard. Sorry SB. Disappointing when that stuff happens.

It is, but it is what it is. I am hoping that now the media will get off our band wagon because we always seem to do better when we are under the radar. And every year we have that one disappointing lose. Hopefully, that lose is the one suffered today.

It is, but it is what it is. I am hoping that now the media will get off our band wagon because we always seem to do better when we are under the radar. And every year we have that one disappointing lose. Hopefully, that lose is the one suffered today.

I know what you mean, such is the story with the Chargers too. The less attention paid, the better. Though we generally have 2-4 spirit crushing losses in a season. Way more last year, when the special teams failed to correct their bad play over 6 games. :(

Tucker is probably ****ting himself with the lack calls for PI. The no call on Hester was sad.

o

I invented 7 new curse words n that, and 476 new curse words regarding the phantom hold on that punt return at the end.

I didn't see the end of the game, but given what was called PI in the Pats game and the rage I had over that, I can only imagine what I would have said given a no call as obvious as that one.

I ****ing hate Greenbay almost as much as I hate my lack of offensive line and their complete lack of any inclination towards the ideals of run blocking.

I ****ing hate Greenbay almost as much as I hate my lack of offensive line and their complete lack of any inclination towards the ideals of run blocking.

It was a painful day for many.

Just noticed an interesting stat. Matt Forte is at the time that I post this, second only to Welker in receptions at 22, and he is 6th in the league for receiving yards (he's showing up as 5th on NFL.com, but he was passed by Mike Wallace during the game that's going on now). He's pretty certain to be in the top 7 or eight by the time the week's games are finished.

Pretty impressive for a running back, if you ask me.

I wonder how good this guy could be with an O-line.

Player: OMG, I was pushed out of bounds! PENALTY!

Announcer: Yeah, that was a penalty. He could of got a first down.

Me: Yeah, but he was pushed out of bounds. Boo hoo!

Isn't football just great these days? Everyone is a ****ing baby.

Back
Top Bottom