• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Preseason and Regular Season thread!

soccerboy22

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Slightly Conservative
With the lockout done and many teams trading and signing people, I figured instead of having like a million different threads we could just have this one and then continue it into the regular season and playoffs.

I will start it out. I am sort of surprised by the Pats right now. I have always had faith in Bill and the coaching staff, but these moves just seem out of place to me. Thank god Philly got Nnambi.

First, I prefer college football. Though, I am interested in the Reggie Bush move. I would not be surprised to see Mark Ingram win the starting position. I think Cam Newton is going to be a bust, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

I look forward to owning Tucker's avatar at least twice this year when GB/CHI play.

First, I prefer college football. Though, I am interested in the Reggie Bush move. I would not be surprised to see Mark Ingram win the starting position. I think Cam Newton is going to be a bust, but I'd love to be proven wrong.

Aye as am I. The girlfriend is a huge 'Bama fan, so I am taking my time to learn about them in order to become a true fan. Plus I can easily link it back to NE.

I like Both. Huge Iowa Hawkeye and Atlanta Falcon Fan (grew up in Atlanta and used to go to the games when they really sucked).

Aye as am I. The girlfriend is a huge 'Bama fan, so I am taking my time to learn about them in order to become a true fan. Plus I can easily link it back to NE.

I'm so sorry ;)

I'm a huge Bama fan! Roll Tide! As for the NFL, I like the pack.

I'm so sorry ;)

What are you sorry about? I managed to get her to be a Red Sox fan too.

I'm a huge Bama fan! Roll Tide! As for the NFL, I like the pack.

A lot of my friends back home are USC fans, so it will be fun to have this rivals. As for the Packers, meh. I will give you two guesses who I cheer for. (I hide my fandom.)

What are you sorry about? I managed to get her to be a Red Sox fan too.

A lot of my friends back home are USC fans, so it will be fun to have this rivals. As for the Packers, meh. I will give you two guesses who I cheer for. (I hide my fandom.)

Oakland? lol

So here is what I think the division winners will look like:

AFC East: New England. And not just because I am a fan, but history is on the side of these Patriots.
AFC South: Houston. Manning's surgery will start him out slow.
AFC North: Steelers. I would have gone with Baltimore before they gutted their offense.
AFC West: Kansas City. I know they don't stand much of a chance because I doubt the Chargers will have another bad season, but I hate Rivers.

NFC East: Philly. Picking up Nnambi was HUGE and I don't think the Cowboys nor NY will do anything.
NFC South: Atlanta. **** you Matt Ryan you BC POS, but I do think they will win it again. Some one has to break that trend.
NFC North: Green Bay (Sorry Tucker). Just don't see the improvements to the O-line to Chicago and Green Bay is still as scary.
NFC West: St. Louis. I think the Rams will finally have it this year. They have an impressive QB.

Being a Fish fan, I hate it to say it, but NE looks strong. I don't like it, but they are strong. Don't rule out the Jets. GB is the team to beat. They won last year, and until they are out, it is their's to loss. Pittsburgh is always strong. The Texans are pretenders, and if Manny comes back, no one is beating Indy in that division. KC was good last year, but I agree SD is the team to beat. Let's see how KC handles a harder schedule. The NFC west is open, I don't see one team dominating, St. Louis was good, but let's see if the QB can carryover to this year. How do you not count NO, but Atlanta can easily come away with that Division. NFC East? Eagles?

Every year there is a surprise, and this is why the NFL is the greatest pro sport. I will probably be laughing at these picks.

Last edited:
The SEC sucks ;)

I guess that's why they have spanked every pretender any other conference has put up for the last 7-8 of 10 years. :lamo

it's the same thing every year. all year long we hear about how great Ohio state or USC or Texas or Oregon or Michigan or whoever is and then they get embarrassed by some "over-rated" SEC team in the national championship

BCS National Champions by conference (1998–present)

Conference Championships Schools BCS Championship Game Record
SEC 7 Tennessee (1998), LSU (2003, 2007), Florida (2006, 2008), Alabama (2009), Auburn (2010) 7–0 (1.000)
Big 12 2 Oklahoma (2000), Texas (2005) 2–5 (0.286)
ACC 1 Florida State (1999) 1–2 (0.333)[98] (2–4 current alignment)
Big Ten 1 Ohio State (2002) 1–2 (0.333)
Big East 1 Miami (2001) 1–2 (0.333)[98] (0–0 current alignment)
Pac-10 0* None* 0–1 (0.000)*
* USC's participation in the 2005 Orange Bowl, subsequent 2004-2005 BCS National Championship, and participation in the 2006 Rose Bowl were vacated by the BCS.[17][99

Last edited:
Just waiting to see how far into the season KC makes it before they take their annual crash and burn.

Cam Newton is the second coming of JaMarcus Russell.

Just don't see the improvements to the O-line to Chicago

That's cause so far there aren't many. About the only thing that has improved is that Omiyale isn't going to be the starting tackle. Anyone, even an untested rookie, should be an improvement.

That's cause so far there aren't many. About the only thing that has improved is that Omiyale isn't going to be the starting tackle. Anyone, even an untested rookie, should be an improvement.

I would have thought the minute the lockout ended they would have started going for people like Matt Light and other Olinemen.

Back
Top Bottom