• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

Per Ian Rapaport, the Washington Football Team will be parting ways with Alex Smith. The move will save them $14.7 million against the cap. Guess Smith was right when he said the new coaching staff didn't want him there.

\Per Ian Rapaport, the Washington Football Team will be parting ways with Alex Smith. The move will save them $14.7 million against the cap. Guess Smith was right when he said the new coaching staff didn't want him there.

On 60 Minutes, Alex Smith sounded like he was unsure about staying in Washington or playing somewhere else. I don't think it was inevitable he would be cut.

Arizona Cardinals are signing JJ Watt to a 2 year, $31 million contract.

Didn't see that coming.

Arizona Cardinals are signing JJ Watt to a 2 year, $31 million contract.

Didn't see that coming.
Yes, did not hear Arizona's name mention in any potential landings for Watt.

Two year contract for $31 million with $23 million guaranteed.

Yes, did not hear Arizona's name mention in any potential landings for Watt.

Two year contract for $31 million with $23 million guaranteed.

I read something about Arizona and J.J. Watt in one article last week, but nothing about the Cardinals offering him a contract.

"You've got a defensive scheme that's led by Vance Joseph, who I was with my first three years down in Houston under Wade Philips," Watt explained. "And Vance runs a similar scheme to Wade, which is a scheme I'm very familiar with and very comfortable with and excited to play in. You got guys like Chandler Jones and Budda Baker and guys all over that defense that are really young and exciting guys ready to get after it and ready to fly around and make some plays. I'm just very excited to be here and I'm also not going to lie to you, it doesn't hurt when it's 65 degrees and sunny outside when I woke up this morning. It's pretty nice."

Trade rumor: Bears tag Allen Robinson and trade him to Jets for Sam Darnold and a #2. That would make sense for both teams.

Trade rumor: Bears tag Allen Robinson and trade him to Jets for Sam Darnold and a #2. That would make sense for both teams.

Darnold is worth a high 1, at least.

Alex Smith was immediately considered a likely choice for the Bears to pick up in free agency because of his link to Matt Nagy. However, it sounds like Nagy wants a mobile quarterback, which Smith is not anymore because of his 17 leg surgeries.

This is probably the most interesting part of J.J. Watt's introductory press conference.

Cardinals have legends?

Back
Top Bottom