• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

Already some veterans have been cut in salary dumps. Seeing Kawaan Short leave Carolina was unthinkable until last year, when everyone knew the cap was going to drop.
the panthers cutting tre boston will be shown to have been an error

The tag window runs from today, Feb. 23, through March 9.

Teams can start placing the franchise or transition tag tenders on players beginning today and can still work out a long-term deal with the players through mid-July. If an extension isn't worked out by then, the player will play the 2021 season under the one-year tender.

I wish the NFL had the same relegation rules that the English Premier League had. If your don't have 32 NFL franchises, don't pretend like you do. Give the Texans and 1 or 3 other teams a season off and see how it works. Has a team ever sucked as bad as the Texans? Even when you had the Saints losing forever...they were interesting. The Texans were just pathetic.

I wish the NFL had the same relegation rules that the English Premier League had. If you don't have 32 NFL franchises, don't pretend like you do. Give the Texans and 1 or 3 other teams a season off and see how it works. Has a team ever sucked as bad as the Texans? Even when you had the Saints losing forever...they were interesting. The Texans were just pathetic.

The NFL has had 32 franchises almost the entire 21st century. and will always stay that way. Unfortunately, Jacksonville is the worst team and the Texans are far from it. Historically, the worst teams are the Browns, Lions, and Buccaneers.

How can you call a team that had won playoff games before last season and has one of the NFL's best young quarterbacks terrible? Every team has a losing season when you don't expect it.

The NFL has had 32 franchises almost the entire 21st century. and will always stay that way. Unfortunately, Jacksonville is the worst team and the Texans are far from it. Historically, the worst teams are the Browns, Lions, and Buccaneers.

How can you call a team that had won playoff games before last season and has one of the NFL's best young quarterbacks terrible? Every team has a losing season when you don't expect it.

I think Parcells said it best. There are teams that are in the playoffs...and then there are playoff teams. Making the playoffs in the NFL means you were better than 3 other teams in your division. In the AFC South...that isn't difficult. So I reject your barometer on that front. If you just did it by conference, took the top 6 teams regardless of if they win their conference, it would be much better. For the sake of the league, I feel the NFL needs to contract quickly and harshly. There are way too many "who cares" games being played in November. When you have 16 games in a season, there should be very few (if any) games like that. I'd get rid of all of the intra-conference games except for the natural rivalries (Jets v. Giants for example). Have true strength of schedule differentials that will allow more parity.

I think Parcells said it best. There are teams that are in the playoffs...and then there are playoff teams. Making the playoffs in the NFL means you were better than 3 other teams in your division. In the AFC South...that isn't difficult. So I reject your barometer on that front. If you just did it by conference, took the top 6 teams regardless of if they win their conference, it would be much better. For the sake of the league, I feel the NFL needs to contract quickly and harshly. There are way too many "who cares" games being played in November. When you have 16 games in a season, there should be very few (if any) games like that. I'd get rid of all of the intra-conference games except for the natural rivalries (Jets v. Giants for example). Have true strength of schedule differentials that will allow more parity.

Last season was the first time only the top seed gets a bye in the playoffs. So not only are two more teams playing for a playoff berth during the last month, but there also are more games to play for playoff seeding in Week 17.

Usually when the Texans are in the playoffs, they got that far by winning the AFC South. They don't back into the playoffs like the Bears did. BTW that division belongs to the Colts now if they get a good replacement for retired Anthony Castonzo.

Last season was the first time only the top seed gets a bye in the playoffs. So not only are two more teams playing for a playoff berth during the last month, but there also are more games to play for playoff seeding in Week 17.

Usually when the Texans are in the playoffs, they got that far by winning the AFC South. They don't back into the playoffs like the Bears did. BTW that division belongs to the Colts now if they get a good replacement for retired Anthony Castonzo.

When you look at Pro Football Reference; they show the top 12 players for the Texans:

1614141026097.png

The first thing you notice is that most are wearing different uniforms. Of the 5 that are wearing Texan uniforms, Watt is gone, Cushing is gone, Watson wants to leave, Mercilus is still there. Chris Meyers retired--7 years ago.

Pretty much sums up the franchise.

According to the same source, over their lack-lustrious existence, the Texans have made the playoffs 6 times since 2002. And they are in one of the weakest divisions ever conceived with the Titans and Jaguars as competition. They've never made it to the AFC championship game. Ever. Have a 4 and 6 record in the few playoff games they've played in. The good news is that if they were to go on a 34-0 run...they would get back to .500 as a franchise.

Anyway, the NFL should contract. It should happen tomorrow and teams like the Texans and Jaguars should be chopped like a 2008 Sonata and sold for scrap.

The first thing you notice is that most are wearing different uniforms. Of the 5 that are wearing Texan uniforms, Watt is gone, Cushing is gone, Watson wants to leave, Mercilus is still there. Chris Meyers retired--7 years ago.

Pretty much sums up the franchise.

According to the same source, over their lack-lustrious existence, the Texans have made the playoffs 6 times since 2002. And they are in one of the weakest divisions ever conceived with the Titans and Jaguars as competition. They've never made it to the AFC championship game. Ever. Have a 4 and 6 record in the few playoff games they've played in. The good news is that if they were to go on a 34-0 run...they would get back to .500 as a franchise.

Anyway, the NFL should contract. It should happen tomorrow and teams like the Texans and Jaguars should be chopped like a 2008 Sonata and sold for scrap.

The Super Bowl champs beg to differ. Tamp Bay did not even win a game until late in its second season. Their first win - after 26 losses - was against the Saints. The first time they won a game when the kickoff temperature was under 40 degrees was in 2002. That is despite being in the NFC Central with games at Green Bay and Chicago every year.

Don't forget the Steelers. They had never won their first nine games until last season. Terry Bradshaw was their first quarterback to lead them to a division title and the Super Bowl.

The Super Bowl champs beg to differ. Tamp Bay did not even win a game until late in its second season. Their first win - after 26 losses - was against the Saints. The first time they won a game when the kickoff temperature was under 40 degrees was in 2002. That is despite being in the NFC Central with games at Green Bay and Chicago every year.

Don't forget the Steelers. They had never won their first nine games until last season. Terry Bradshaw was their first quarterback to lead them to a division title and the Super Bowl.

And what has happened to the Saints, Buccaneers and Steelers through the course of their franchise? Superbowl Trophies. The Steelers have lost more Super Bowls than the Texans will ever play in.

Contract the Jaguars and the Texans. For starters. They are the competitive equivalent to a bye week for the other team.

And what has happened to the Saints, Buccaneers and Steelers through the course of their franchise? Super Bowl trophies. The Steelers have lost more Super Bowls than the Texans will ever play in.

Contract the Jaguars and the Texans. For starters. They are the competitive equivalent to a bye week for the other team.

Being a good team i9s not about how many Super Bowls they won or played in. It is all about the current season. How good is a team right now? We will find out in September if Houston is able to get back in playoff contention with a new coaching staff and GM.

Being a good team i9s not about how many Super Bowls they won or played in. It is all about the current season. How good is a team right now? We will find out in September if Houston is able to get back in playoff contention with a new coaching staff and GM.
That is true I guess.

As a franchise, the Texans are user-friendly.

That is true I guess.

As a franchise, the Texans are user-friendly.

All I care about them right now is the fate of Deshaun Watson. If he stays, Houston will get a little better. If he leaves, the entire NFL world will go berzerk.

Hmmm, I wonder who the 10+ teams are . . . Any guesses?

The Texans apparently are not one of them

Hmmm, I wonder who the 10+ teams are . . . Any guesses?

The Texans apparently are not one of them

He already has a 4 team wish list. Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, and Bears.

Dak Prescott is not going anywhere. The Cowboys will tag him again if they can't reach a long-term deal. His ankle recovery is on or ahead of schedule.

I never understood why the media makes up Derek Carr rumors.

Why wouldn't Russell Wilson be interested in the Panthers? He went to college at North Carolina State before transferring to Wisconsin.

Last edited:
Dak Prescott is not going anywhere. The Cowboys will tag him again if they can't reach a long-term deal. His ankle recovery is on or ahead of schedule.

I never understood why the media makes up Derek Carr rumors.

Why wouldn't Russell Wilson be interested in the Panthers? He went to college at North Carolina State before transferring to Wisconsin.

Russell is thinking about big markets, his legacy, his branding.

Call it the Tom Brady effect.

All four of those teams have above average offensive lines, when healthy. For a guy tired of getting hit so much, his list makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom