• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Offseason News 2021

The Falcons had been talking about doing this only for financial reasons, but I was not sure how likely it would be to happen.

Last edited:
I already posted a link about Kevin Colbert's Ben Roethlisberger comments, so this article is about some other players on offense.
"As you mentioned, Al [Villanueva] is a free agent, Matt Feiler is a free agent, Maurkice has retired, Zach Banner is coming off an ACL, so it is an uncertain group that we have upfront," Colbert said when asked if rebuilding the line was a priority. "Again, I don't know where the free agency part will go for both Matt and Al. We know Maurkice won't be back with us. How that comes together, it will be ongoing. The draft itself, it is stronger at the tackle position than it is at the interior. Center and guard, traditionally, is not a very strong group. In any draft, the tackles are unusually deep this year. I think we can add players through the draft. Hopefully, we will be able to do some type of business in free agency. And we are always going to look at our own players first."

Last edited:

At 32 years old and at the end of a three-year deal signed in 2018, Sherman simply no longer fits with the 49ers. Add in the lower salary cap projection that's forcing teams across the league to say goodbye to veterans, and it's understandable why both he and 49ers brass are on the same page and set to part ways amicably, closing what Sherman called "an incredible chapter in my career."

Carson Wentz finally traded to the Colts.

Talk about someone completely in love with Wentz:

Carson Wentz wanted to get out of Philadelphia. The only question was which team would be willing to eat his contract.

Dan Orlovsky could never do what Carson Wentz has done in his career: lead his team to the playoffs. I know Nick Foles started throughout the playoffs both years, but without Wentz, the Eagles would not have been within reach of a division title either season.

Last edited:

"My personal opinion, if something could possibly work? Yes," Robinson told Dunne. "I'm not opposed to being back in Chicago by any means. I've even expressed that over the last couple of years -- wanting to be the all-time leading receiver in Chicago which, I believe, I'm under 2,000 yards away from that. With all that being said, unfortunately we've come to what seems to be a fork in the road. But not even a fork. We haven't even been given a viable option to be able to do those things that we want to do without sacrificing a ridiculous amount pretty much for the rest of my career."
I seem to be reading mixed messages here about the probability of being tagged.

The 2017 reference is Jacksonville would have tagged him if he had not torn his ACL in Week 1. Because of that injury alone, the Jaguars were unwilling to pay $16+ million (the franchise tag amount for wide receivers in 2018).

Last edited:
Wentz and Frank Reich getting back together could be interesting gamble for the Colts as Reich was the Eagle's OC back when they could actually score some points.

Wentz and Frank Reich getting back together could be interesting gamble for the Colts as Reich was the Eagle's OC back when they could actually score some points.

It is only a gamble for the Colts because of the 2022 draft pick they gave up. The Eagles had to shuffle their offensive line what, 10 times? Despite LT Anthony Castonzo's retirement, the Colts can say that will not happen to Wentz.

It is only a gamble for the Colts because of the 2022 draft pick they gave up. The Eagles had to shuffle their offensive line what, 10 times? Despite LT Anthony Castonzo's retirement, the Colts can say that will not happen to Wentz.
You can't predict injuries, but yes, the Colts should have a better offense line than Philly. They do need to upgrade at WR though.

You can't predict injuries, but yes, the Colts should have a better offense line than Philly. They do need to upgrade at WR though.

Allen Robinson would be an upgrade if the Bears make him available.

Bears are in a tough spot, cap wise, when it comes to resigning or tagging Robinson. Should be interesting to see what they do. I predict he walks.

He is one of those "I want to stay here, but not be tagged" players. It seems every year a full-time starter says stuff like this. I will be paying close attention what the Bears do with Allen Robinson.

He is one of those "I want to stay here, but not be tagged" players. It seems every year a full-time starter says stuff like this. I will be paying close attention what the Bears do with Allen Robinson.
I do know my Cowboys won't be in the Robinson sweepstakes, if he's available.

Salary cap dropped from $198.2 mil to $180. I expect to see a lot more veterans across the league to get cut.

Salary cap dropped from $198.2 mil to $180. I expect to see a lot more veterans across the league to get cut.

Already some veterans have been cut in salary dumps. Seeing Kawaan Short leave Carolina was unthinkable until last year, when everyone knew the cap was going to drop.

The 34-year-old receiver was entering the final year of his deal (which included voided years in 2022 and 2023) with the Eagles, and his release will save Philadelphia roughly $4.8 million in cap space. With the Eagles still significantly over the salary cap, moves like these should be expected to come in the weeks ahead.

Carson Wentz obviously has no hard feelings about how his tenure with the Eagles ended.

One more significant note about the Wentz-to-Colts trade: Get used to seeing Carson wearing a different number.

Back
Top Bottom