• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL offseason 2023

Mongidig

Incel
Banned
Suspended
DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Other
This will be a thread where you can talk about your team and where it's heading. What offseason moves do you hope for? Any coaching changes? Who do you hope to get in the draft?

No spamming this thread with articles we can easily read on NFL.com.

Feel free to talk about anything you want. You can even talk about the current season. No Karen's allowed in this thread.

What team do you think will be the best landing spot for a new coach?

I think Denver is number one contrary to popular belief. Denvers issues this year where mostly related to injury and horrific coaching. I think Russ Wilson is gonna come back strong next year. I think a prospective coach is smart enough to know that Russ is not cooked. Russ is a system QB. All he needs is a healthy roster and competent coaching. Denver has plenty of money to outbid any other team. Colorado is a great place to live.

Indy has a horrible owner.

AZ is in chaos and won’t have Kyler for part of the year.

The Ranms are an old roster. Stafford is winding down.

Carolina might keep Wilks.

I’m hearing the Broncos are no longer considering Jim Harbough for the coaching job after that disaster. Give me a break giving up 51 points. Hackett can do that.

CJ Stroud and Route Man Marv both helped their draft stocks with great performances yesterday.

I’m hearing the Broncos are no longer considering Jim Harbough for the coaching job after that disaster. Give me a break giving up 51 points. Hackett can do that.
Harbough has lost his last 6 bowl games. Even his own father was questioning his decisions.

What team do you think will be the best landing spot for a new coach?

I think Denver is number one contrary to popular belief. Denvers issues this year where mostly related to injury and horrific coaching. I think Russ Wilson is gonna come back strong next year. I think a prospective coach is smart enough to know that Russ is not cooked. Russ is a system QB. All he needs is a healthy roster and competent coaching. Denver has plenty of money to outbid any other team. Colorado is a great place to live.

Indy has a horrible owner.

AZ is in chaos and won’t have Kyler for part of the year.

The Ranms are an old roster. Stafford is winding down.

Carolina might keep Wilks.
Rams won't be looking for a new coach.

There are rumors Mcvay might be moving on. The Rams sold their soul to the devil. It’s an aging team with no future. I’d be shocked if he didn’t leave.

This is looking more and more like a possibility. Why would he return? He’s 36, he can do whatever he wants. He could come back to coaching anytime he wants.

This is looking more and more like a possibility. Why would he return? He’s 36, he can do whatever he wants. He could come back to coaching anytime he wants.
You might be right. He has a standing offer to join a booth. If you were right and I was wrong, I'll give you your props.

You might be right. He has a standing offer to join a booth. If you were right and I was wrong, I'll give you your props.
I don't care who is right or wrong. The last time we talked about this it was more of a rumor. Now it seems to be more realistic. I was just updating the situation.

Biggest single question for the NFL in 2023……..where does Tom play?
second would be where does Aaron play.
Third would be the coaching questions but we all know that every year the bottom feeders will be searching for that one magical guy to turn around a crap team/ownership. This from a guy who is well versed in crappy team/ownershis being from Detroit

Where do you think the big head coach candidates are going?

Sean Payton…LA Rams. I think McVay is leaving. Payton lives in LA and has expressed his interest in staying there. If the Chargers are one and done they may part ways with Staley so that could be an option. I also think Mcarthy could be out in Dallas if they are one and done. Payton has expressed interest in playing in a dome or warm environment. If none of these coaching positions become available I think he goes to Denver. Houston, Indy, and Arizona don’t seem very appealing. Maybe Carolina. He’ll need a rich owner.

Jim Harbough….I think Denver is the leading candidate although the players don’t sound exited about him.….Dan Quinn makes sense in Denver. He was the runner up to Hackett last year and probably would have been the guy if they weren’t trying to lure Rodgers. Quinn was planning on bringing in Mike Mcdaniels as the OC last year. He brought in Shanahan in ATL. He has the cloutto bring in a good coaching staff.

Where do you think the big head coach candidates are going?

Sean Payton…LA Rams. I think McVay is leaving. Payton lives in LA and has expressed his interest in staying there. If the Chargers are one and done they may part ways with Staley so that could be an option. I also think Mcarthy could be out in Dallas if they are one and done. Payton has expressed interest in playing in a dome or warm environment. If none of these coaching positions become available I think he goes to Denver. Houston, Indy, and Arizona don’t seem very appealing. Maybe Carolina. He’ll need a rich owner.

Jim Harbough….I think Denver is the leading candidate although the players don’t sound exited about him.….Dan Quinn makes sense in Denver. He was the runner up to Hackett last year and probably would have been the guy if they weren’t trying to lure Rodgers. Quinn was planning on bringing in Mike Mcdaniels as the OC last year. He brought in Shanahan in ATL. He has the cloutto bring in a good coaching staff.
Harbs makes the most sense for Denver but they must be ready for a major change of direction as he will want to blow it up and rebuilt it to his design and I don’t know if they are ready for that especially since what do they do with Wilson? Harbs will want his QB and not a 34(?) on his way to retirement.
But but I hope he stays at U of M as it’s been fun beating those hillbilly’s to the south….osu

There are rumors Mcvay might be moving on. The Rams sold their soul to the devil. It’s an aging team with no future. I’d be shocked if he didn’t leave.

He's got no reason to stay other than money. the Rams are done for the next 6 years probably unless they make some really great late draft picks.

Biggest single question for the NFL in 2023……..where does Tom play?

In his backyard, I think this is it for him. Teams take him for granted and never really give him the tools he needs because he is able to make a lot out of a little but he's definitely pushing the limits of being able to do that any longer.

Brady maybe the raiders. He knows the coach very well. I do believe Tommy is on the downside. I know they've been saying it for 8 years but his arm seems good his decision making isn't as good.

Detroit should stand pat at QB. Jared Goth is a talented QB. They got a high pick they can trade down and get some more picks and find some studs for defense.

I'm not 100% sold on Gino Smith as the guy. Better than expected but he needs to manage his temper. They can keep him for 20-25 or 35 million guaranteed for 2 year contract. They have high picks too and Carrol seems to make the best of them.

He's got no reason to stay other than money. the Rams are done for the next 6 years probably unless they make some really great late draft picks.
He's in position to where he could take a year or two off. He could do TV or nothing at all and then come back and have his choice of destinations and make big money. He just got married so he may want to spend time with the new bride. He's only 36. He's in a great spot.

Brady maybe the raiders. He knows the coach very well. I do believe Tommy is on the downside. I know they've been saying it for 8 years but his arm seems good his decision making isn't as good.
I fully expected Brady to have a down year. The offensive line was beat up. A bad offensive line can make a great QB see ghosts. He didn't really have Godwin at full strength until midway through the season. No Gronk really hurt the run game and the easy targets. Assuming Waller is healthy and Adams sticks around he would have some nice targets. It would be a seamless transition with Macdaniels as coach. I could see him getting it done for another year maybe two. If they keep Jacobs the run game would help Brady out immensely.
Detroit should stand pat at QB. Jared Goth is a talented QB. They got a high pick they can trade down and get some more picks and find some studs for defense.
Detroit is in an interesting spot QB wise. They have a high pick (6) but they have a lot of teams ahead of them who may or may not be interested in a QB as well. Goff had a nice year but the Lions are not gonna be in position to draft this high again for a while. They could take a QB and bring him along slowly behind Goff( How slowly will depend on how high they move up). Houston and Indy are definitely in the QB market. Maybe Arizona( Probably not but just throwing it out there) Maybe Seattle? Chicago should be looking to trade down. If Detroit loves a guy they would have to trade to get to number 1 probably. They do need the help on Defense though.
I'm not 100% sold on Gino Smith as the guy. Better than expected but he needs to manage his temper. They can keep him for 20-25 or 35 million guaranteed for 2 year contract. They have high picks too and Carrol seems to make the best of them.
Geno is a nice player but I don't think he is the guy to get a team over the hump. He kind of regressed the last few games of the season. This is another team that is in position to go for a QB if they want him. They have the luxury that Detroit has with a quality QB in house allowing them to bring the new guy in slowly if they want. I know the "Bring the new guy in slowly" idea tends to not work out with high first round picks. They tend to get in their sooner than later. Denver winning in week 18 knocked the Hawks out of the 3 spot. I think they would go QB for sure if they were still there.

I fully expected Brady to have a down year.
I agree he didn't have as good a team. Still the times I saw him he was missing plays he'd normally hit on. Worse just making bad decisions.

Detroit is in an interesting spot QB wise. They have a high pick (6) but they have a lot of teams ahead of them who may or may not be interested in a QB as well. Goff had a nice year but the Lions are not gonna be in position to draft this high again for a while.
He has a laser arm and accuracy in the 10 to 15 range. Nice touch on longer passes. Just as important the team responded to the coach and by extension Goff.

Geno is a nice player but I don't think he is the guy to get a team over the hump.
If he had the legion of boom on defense and Marshawn Lynch in the backfield he could get over the hump. How good a QB you need to be depends on the team your on. At 32 I don't believe he'll command much money in the open market. Provided he doesn't blow the doors off the 49'ers Sat.

What happened to the Titans?

Staley will be fired sometime today. Payton will be announced as the Chargers head coach as early as Wednesday.

Denver is probably gonna end up with Dan Quinn.

Rather depressing, as a Patriots fan, our off season began before the playoffs did. We’re just not used to this.

Please, and for God’s sake, can we please have a professional-grade offensive coaching staff?

Is it a coincidence that the first few interviews of each team needing a coach has been a black candidate? I hate to say it but I think this is the Roonie rule at work. Each team has to interview 2 outside minority candidates. By getting this out of the way teams can quickly move on a coach they really want. These black coaching candidates have to be wondering if the team is legitimately interested or are they just checking the boxes. Who knows?

DeMeco Ryans, David Shaw, Raheem Morris, Jim Caldwell, Brian Flores, and Ejiro Evero are all great candidates. Ejiro probably needs another year of experience. Caldwell has a great resume but has been out of the game for 6 years. David Shaw had down years at the end of his tenure at Stanford.That being said, It’s tough to compete for Stanford with the transfer portal. Not many players will qualify to get in.

Back
Top Bottom