• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL gane suspended player given CPR

NolanVoyd

DP Veteran
Reaction score
Political Leaning
Liberal
Bills player made a normal tackle, got up and then collapsed.

Ambulance on the field. Doing CPR frantically. Taken away. Hopefully alive.

No word yet.

Game is suspended. Players in the locker room.

I think waiting for news.

Tried putting him in the ambulance, had to put him back down and start CPR again.

When he finally left apparently had a pulse but not breathing on his own.

Unrealistic to expect the announcers and others to fill in the dead air while the game is in limbo, imo.

Shit, just saw this on Twitter and turned to the game and yeah, it's off.

Football is a dangerous ****ing game. DBs are probably the most at risk because of the kinds of plays they have to make and how they have to use their bodies.

Shit, just saw this on Twitter and turned to the game and yeah, it's off.

Football is a dangerous ****ing game. DBs are probably the most at risk because of the kinds of plays they have to make and how they have to use their bodies.
True. But it was just sort of a normal tackle. It didn't look particularly violent. He jumped back up and about two seconds later he collapsed..

Terrible news. They breed theses players to be human battering rams then act surprised when their bodies fail them. It was only a matter of time before this happened.

Dreadful!!
Players in total and complete shock. CPR
was done for 9 minutes or more.

The game should be cancel.

What's best for business is for the game to continue.

There is nothing the players and coaches can do for Hamlin now. The best doctors are working on him.

The show must go on.

True. But it was just sort of a normal tackle. It didn't look particularly violent. He jumped back up and about two seconds later he collapsed..

Not a vertebrae injury, but more like blunt force trauma injury, which is deadly. He stood up, staggered, and then fell down, which is reminiscent of what is seen when boxers get killed in the ring. Not going for hyperbole here but this is not good.

In 1905, more than 15 young men died on football fields across the country. In the following season the forward pass was adopted to open up the field. Since then there have been new rules in every season to prevent injuries. Concussion is an issue and I'm glad , but I don't think they can prevent a tragedy like this appears to be.

This scares me, reminds me of Christian Eriksen. No words…

I remember at over the edge, where Owen Hart died when he fell from the rafters at Kemper Arena.

The WWF chose to continue to the event despite Owen dying.

It is a tough decision, but I am not sure what canceling the game will accomplish. All the fans bought tickets, and they want to see a game finished.

In 1905, more than 15 young men died on football fields across the country. In the following season the forward pass was adopted to open up the field. Since then there have been new rules in every season to prevent injuries. Concussion is an issue and I'm glad , but I don't think they can prevent a tragedy like this appears to be.

I don't think the sport could truly be safe unless they went to flag football, and almost none of the fans want that.

It's just stunning that the NFL has not called this game. Shameful!!

They probably will at some point. Especially if the worst happens.

Back
Top Bottom