• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Flyovers

Realistically though, should the military be spending the money on a show for the NFL?

Bet we won't hear from the "keep politics out of football" crowd on this one.

Not to worry. To stay currant a pilot has to fly so many hours every month. A flight over a stadium counts in those flight hours.

Yes it is used for recruiting, among other things.

Do we shut down the Blue Angels now because you think pilots are nothing but cannon fodder?

What a lame ass comment.

No Chief, we don't shut down the Blue Angels. We shut down the fraudulent GWOT. See the difference?

I love the Blues and the Thunderbirds, but I'm honest enough with myself to understand that as beautiful and exciting as they are, one of their major purposes is recruiting.

TV News just had a story regarding the USS Fitzgerald collision last year. One of the causes they said was the crew being over-worked and under trained. You can thank the GWOT for that, as they chase phantoms all over the 7 seas in the name of that farce.

No Chief, we don't shut down the Blue Angels. We shut down the fraudulent GWOT. See the difference?

I love the Blues and the Thunderbirds, but I'm honest enough with myself to understand that as beautiful and exciting as they are, one of their major purposes is recruiting.

TV News just had a story regarding the USS Fitzgerald collision last year. One of the causes they said was the crew being over-worked and under trained. You can thank the GWOT for that, as they chase phantoms all over the 7 seas in the name of that farce.

First of all........you do not call me chief. I was never a chief.

There is nothing new about the Navy being overworked and underpaid and it was always a retention issue/subject the entire 20 years I served.

Underfunded - overworked - threatened by superiors when **** breaks down - Spending unnecessary long hours aboard in port just to make their division officers look good - ****ty berthing conditions - extended deployments - ****ty food - lack of in port time even when the ship was not deployed - lack of material to keep gear running

Terror is a huge concern to many countries......period!

Hoax? :lamo

First of all........you do not call me chief. I was never a chief.

There is nothing new about the Navy being overworked and underpaid and it was always a retention issue/subject the entire 20 years I served.

Underfunded - overworked - threatened by superiors when **** breaks down - Spending unnecessary long hours aboard in port just to make their division officers look good - ****ty berthing conditions - extended deployments - ****ty food - lack of in port time even when the ship was not deployed - lack of material to keep gear running

Terror is a huge concern to many countries......period!

Hoax? :lamo

Sorry for addressing you the wrong way.

Yes, GWOT is a hoax of epic proportions. It was brought under fraud with staged events. Exactly how much it effects the morale and equipment of the USN I can only speculate, but like all the rest of the services, it is significant.

Terror as we discuss it today is very much like the Emperor's New Clothes. Huge budgets for it, but it's very much an illusion--the Emperor is without clothes. How many of those SLCM launched from Navy ships have delivered terror to innocent people? Too damn many.

Back
Top Bottom