• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Draft.

I think Miami wants Chase. If he's still on the board, they'll probably make the pick. If Cincy takes him over Sewell (which would be a bad pick IMO) I think they trade out. Just my opinion.
I read if the Jets do not go QB, they will pick Sewell. Of course not picking a QB at #2 would shock most people.

Joe Burrow lost A.J. Green. Ja'Marr Chase is one of his former LSU teammates. So he definitely would be a good pick for the Bengals. But trading up would cost them a chance to get the best offensive lineman prospect and Burrow still has the scar to remind all of us Cincinnati needs that player more than Chase.

I read if the Jets do not go QB, they will pick Sewell. Of course not picking a QB at #2 would shock most people.

Joe Burrow lost A.J. Green. Ja'Marr Chase is one of his former LSU teammates. So he definitely would be a good pick for the Bengals. But trading up would cost them a chance to get the best offensive lineman prospect and Burrow still has the scar to remind all of us Cincinnati needs that player more than Chase.

The Bengals have two really good receivers in Higgy and Boyd. There is no need for them to draft Chase.

The Bengals have two really good receivers in Higgy and Boyd. There is no need for them to draft Chase.
They need a replacement for Green, who was their #1 WR his entire career. Do you think he was useless simply because they cut him?

None of their players is named Higgy.

I would think drafting Pitts would be the way to go if the Falcons pass. Either way, surrounding your franchise QB with as much elite talent is a priority. They need to upgrade the O line but there is some nice talent still left in the early second.

They need a replacement for Green, who was their #1 WR his entire career. Do you think he was useless simply because they cut him?

He was pretty useless last year.

I would think drafting Pitts would be the way to go if the Falcons pass. Either way, surrounding your franchise QB with as much elite talent is a priority. They need to upgrade the O line but there is some nice talent still left in the early second.
I've read several reports that Burrow is actively campaigning for the Bengals to draft his former teammate Chase. I still think Sewell is the way to go, though. The WR class is a lot deeper than the OT class and potential elite LTs don't grow on trees.

You never heard of Tee Higgins? Wow, you must not watch a lot of football.

A.J Green hasn't been relevant since 2017. Keep up.

I've read several reports that Burrow is actively campaigning for the Bengals to draft his former teammate Chase. I still think Sewell is the way to go, though. The WR class is a lot deeper than the OT class and potential elite LTs don't grow on trees.
Burrow wants Chase for sure. Pitts would be a tremendous upgrade over Drew Sample. It depends on how they see the board falling. Tackle early and WR later or WR early and tackle later. It’s tough to know how they value these guy’s. They may end up being a trade down candidate based on how the QB situation plays out.

This is gonna get very interesting starting at pick 3.

A franchise QB needs to eat, breathe, sleep football.

I question if Trevor Lawrence has that fire and passion to be great:
Trevor Lawrence was one of the few players who did not need to play in 2020 to cement himself as a top five draft pick, but chose to start every game he could. After being diagnosed with COVID-19, he never second-guessed that decision or consider quitting to avoid more injuries later in the season. He put off shoulder surgery until after a personal pro day in February. Most players would have opted out and had surgery much sooner to be ready for their school's pro day. Not this guy - for him it was all about competing, playing the game he loves, and representing the Clemson Tigers. The only chip on his shoulder was the literal one that has now been fixed.

Trevor Lawrence was one of the few players who did not need to play in 2020 to cement himself as a top five draft pick, but chose to start every game he could. After being diagnosed with COVID-19, he never second-guessed that decision or consider quitting to avoid more injuries later in the season. He put off shoulder surgery until after a personal pro day in February. Most players would have opted out and had surgery much sooner to be ready for their school's pro day. Not this guy - for him it was all about competing, playing the game he loves, and representing the Clemson Tigers. The only chip on his shoulder was the literal one that has now been fixed.

Yet he still lost against Justin Field and Josh Burrow.

You never heard of Tee Higgins? Wow, you must not watch a lot of football.

A.J Green hasn't been relevant since 2017. Keep up.
Of course I have heard o0f him. I know his name is not Higgy. So does everyone else who ever watched him play.

A.J. Green's departure means the Bengals needed to save millions of dollars, which can easily be done by drafting a WR instead of extending an aging veteran. I keep up with NFL team finances more than you do, which is not very hard.

Of course I have heard o0f him. I know his name is not Higgy. So does everyone else who ever watched him play.

A.J. Green's departure means the Bengals needed to save millions of dollars, which can easily be done by drafting a WR instead of extending an aging veteran. I keep up with NFL team finances more than you do, which is not very hard.

AJ Green signed a minimum contract with the Cardinals. He's done.

Yet he still lost against Justin Fields and Josh Burrow.
Clemson lost to LSU after defeating Ohio State in the playoffs. Did you know football is the ultimate team sport?

Clemson lost to LSU after defeating Ohio State in the playoffs. Did you know football is the ultimate team sport?

.oooh. Football is a team sport. Thank you captain obvious for that tidbit.

Oh. Football is a team sport. Thank you captain obvious for that tidbit.
If you already knew football is the ultimate team sport, you would not have named the quarterbacks in two games Clemson lost as if they were individual matchups with no other players involved. It was not Lawrence's fault that LSU was a better team or that OSU was given a second chance to beat Clemson with revenge on their minds. The fact Ohio State wanted revenge was a credit to Lawrence.

Green signed a one year, $8 million contract with Arizona. That's hardly the minimum.
At least in this section, Bucky is the best poster at trying to be extremely ignorant and biased snd pretend he knows what he is talking about at the same time. He does not know anything about NFL team and player finances or the salary cap.

At least in this section, Bucky is the best poster at trying to be extremely ignorant and biased snd pretend he knows what he is talking about at the same time. He does not know anything about NFL team and player finances or the salary cap.

Do you know anything about NFL Teams?

You claim the Bengals need to replace AJ Green. He was awful last year. One of the worst wrs in the NFL.

I am starting to realize you are some SEC fan groupie.

Do you know anything about NFL Teams?

You claim the Bengals need to replace AJ Green. He was awful last year. One of the worst wrs in the NFL.

I am starting to realize you are some SEC fan groupie.
If there was any truth to that statement, he would have been #3 on the team's depth chart despite playing for one of the NFL's worst teams. You are still proving to me you do not watch football.

I am not a college football fan beyond the Buckeyes and Gators. If I did not care about them winning I would not watch college football. So draft season is when I learn about most players who were successful in college. But I am a huge NFL fan. I educate myself about the whole league, watch many games, games, and and like and hate more teams. You obviously do none of that.

Last edited:
I don;t believe this for one second. Who in his right mind would knowingly want to drop below a division rival after missing the playoffs? Since it is not a top 10 pick, the Giants are unlikely to get any Earth-shattering offers, Dave Gettleman has to know the Eagles are next.

Last edited:
I don;t believe this for one second. Who in his right mind would knowingly want to drop below a division rival after missing the playoffs? Since it is not a top 10 pick, the Giants are unlikely to get any Earth-shattering offers, Dave Gettleman has to know the Eagles are next.
Per RotoWorld:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Giants are "firmly considering" trading down from the No. 11 pick in the draft.​

The Giants have yet to execute the elusive trade-down in GM Dave Gettleman's three-year tenure with the team. On top of that, he did not trade down once in five years as the Panthers' GM. HC Joe Judge came from New England, where the art of the trade-down was perfected and New York's spot in the draft isn't likely to net them a blue chip prospect. It makes sense for the Giants to move back and accumulate picks if they don't see any elite talent left on the board at No. 11. It would be unheralded for Gettleman but a welcome change for Giants fans, who are used to paying for picks instead of building draft ammo.
SOURCE: Ian Rapoport on Twitter
Apr 20, 2021, 1:44 PM ET

Somehow, I doubt it happens.

Who would want the #11 pick? It is more likely teams would trade up into the top 10. A team might want to leapfrog the Eagles, but for which player?

Bills GM Brandon Beane seems to admit he messed up on the RB position now without directly saying it. Clemson's Travis Etienne or Alabama's Najae Harris at #30? Matt Breida is on the team, but has a different skill set.

Who would want the #11 pick? It is more likely teams would trade up into the top 10. A team might want to leapfrog the Eagles, but for which player?
I think it's pretty common knowledge around the NFL that the Eagles want to draft a WR. If either of the Alabama WRs are available at 11, and another team values one of them highly, they might want to leap frog Philly. Other than that, I can't see a team wanting to move up to that spot.

I think it's pretty common knowledge around the NFL that the Eagles want to draft a WR. If either of the Alabama WRs are available at 11 and another team values one of them highly, they might want to leap frog Philly. Other than that, I can't see a team wanting to move up to that spot.
That goes back to my point. A team that wants one of them would be smarter to trade into the top 10.

Back
Top Bottom