• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL Draft.

Both sides have leverage so it will be interesting to see how this plays out. I wouldn't be shocked if he plays another year in GB or if he forces a trade.
I'll say. It looks like GB is going to try maximizing it too. Check out what they are asking--basically a star player plus 1st and 2nd round draft choices from now until 2025...lol

As for Aaron....he sounds pissed.

Rodgers, meanwhile, remains disenfranchised in Green Bay. Rumor has it, he's informed teammates of his imminent departure unless CEO Mark Murphy fires GM Brian Gutekunst, apparently the bone of contention. Rodgers is open to “hardline options” — from skipping training camp to retiring — to achieve his desired result, Yahoo Sports' Charles Robinson reported Saturday.
The question becomes, should Denver mortgage the near future to win a Superbowl, maybe even two?

I'd say, "Yes."

I'll say. It looks like GB is going to try maximizing it too. Check out what they are asking--basically a star player plus 1st and 2nd round draft choices from now until 2025...lol

The question becomes, should Denver mortgage the near future to win a Superbowl, maybe even two?

I'd say, "Yes."
I think the answer is yes as well. We would go from being 66 to 1 to win the Super bowl to one of the favorites. We have a solid roster right now except for QB. It would suck not to have those future picks but having Rodgers would make it easier to attract future free agents. Also, some of the guy's like Von Miller and Kyle Fuller may be willing to take a pay cut and stay with the Broncos.

I would have felt better just taking Justin Fields at 9. We wouldn't have to mortgage the future and it's fun to watch the development of a young potential star. Maybe the Broncos don't see him as a future star. I hope they didn't pass on him just because they think they "might" get Rodgers. They may feel confident that a deal is imminent. I'm sure Elway and Manning will do a great job of selling Rodgers of coming over. Rodgers for some reason doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract which is a bit scary. That being said, he can still dictate where he goes by threatening to just retire.

I'd say, "Yes."
BTW if Denver gets Rodgers they will be picking in the late first. Giving away those number ones wouldn't be as painful.

I think the answer is yes as well. We would go from being 66 to 1 to win the Super bowl to one of the favorites. We have a solid roster right now except for QB. It would suck not to have those future picks but having Rodgers would make it easier to attract future free agents. Also, some of the guy's like Von Miller and Kyle Fuller may be willing to take a pay cut and stay with the Broncos.

I would have felt better just taking Justin Fields at 9. We wouldn't have to mortgage the future and it's fun to watch the development of a young potential star. Maybe the Broncos don't see him as a future star. I hope they didn't pass on him just because they think they "might" get Rodgers. They may feel confident that a deal is imminent. I'm sure Elway and Manning will do a great job of selling Rodgers of coming over. Rodgers for some reason doesn't have a no trade clause in his contract which is a bit scary. That being said, he can still dictate where he goes by threatening to just retire.
I honestly cannot see Aaron not coming over to Denver. It's too perfect.

I'd say, "Yes."
That's an awful lot to give up for a 37 year old QB.

I honestly cannot see Aaron not coming over to Denver. It's too perfect.
When the league schedules come out next week, it will be interesting to see if the Broncos have a bunch of prime time games. This could be a sign that the league thinks Rodgers is coming to Denver.

A German fan, René Bugner compiled this. It's notable how much Denver is docked for not taking Justin Fields and how much the Bears get bumped for trading to get him. Rodgers going to Denver makes a lot of that moot.

E0dqnZ5XEAIrVDM

That's an awful lot to give up for a 37 year old QB.
I think the final deal would be closer to 3 firsts and a player absent the additional second and third round picks. If Denver is able to get Rodgers for another 4 or maybe 5 years and we get a couple championships it will be worth it. As I mentioned above our first round picks will be super late in the round. Also, Rodgers should be able to attract players to Denver who wouldn't be interested other wise. He is older but he is playing at a superior level. Denver is pretty strong at all positions except maybe LB. They have a lot of young emerging players so the impact of losing those picks won't be as bad as if we still had a lot of holes to fill.

I think the final deal would be closer to 3 firsts and a player absent the additional second and third round picks. If Denver is able to get Rodgers for another 4 or maybe 5 years and we get a couple championships it will be worth it. As I mentioned above our first round picks will be super late in the round. Also, Rodgers should be able to attract players to Denver who wouldn't be interested other wise. He is older but he is playing at a superior level. Denver is pretty strong at all positions except maybe LB. They have a lot of young emerging players so the impact of losing those picks won't be as bad as if we still had a lot of holes to fill.
I get Denver wanting to trade for Rodgers, especially given their inability to draft and develop a QB in recent years. My point is that not everyone ages at the same rate and Rodgers play could easily fall off a cliff in a year or two. It's a big gamble.

A German fan, René Bugner compiled this. It's notable how much Denver is docked for not taking Justin Fields and how much the Bears get bumped for trading to get him. Rodgers going to Denver makes a lot of that moot.

A lot of draft analyzers grade drafts assuming all players will reach their potential. I didn't see teams racing up the board to get Fields in the top ten. Surely the Dolphins or Lions would have listened to offers. I know some teams are worried about Fields slow processing. Some are concerned with his passing mechanics. The Bears may have gotten this years D Watson or maybe not.

I get Denver wanting to trade for Rodgers, especially given their inability to draft and develop a QB in recent years. My point is that not everyone ages at the same rate and Rodgers play could easily fall off a cliff in a year or two. It's a big gamble.
Don't forget Rodgers sat on the bench for the first three years of his career. Brees, Brady, and Favre all played into their 40's. Rodgers does a good job of avoiding hits as well.

This absolutely would be a gamble. I think you have to go big or go home. We've been going small since Manning. Simeon, Osweiller, Keenum, Flacco and lock...Yuck! I'll take my chances with a Rodgers trade.

If we don't go big it could be ten years before we have a chance to win anything with Mahomes and Herbert in our division.

Don't forget Rodgers sat on the bench for the first three years of his career. Brees, Brady, and Favre all played into their 40's. Rodgers does a good job of avoiding hits as well.

This absolutely would be a gamble. I think you have to go big or go home. We've been going small since Manning. Simeon, Osweiller, Keenum, Flacco and lock...Yuck! I'll take my chances with a Rodgers trade.

If we don't go big it could be ten years before we have a chance to win anything with Mahomes and Herbert in our division.
And Eli, Rivers, Big Ben, Aikman, Marino, etc didn't/won't make it to 40. Brees was a shell his last couple of seasons as was Favre. Not saying it's a terrible gamble, but assuming he's going to go out like Brady is not wise.

A lot of draft analyzers grade drafts assuming all players will reach their potential. I didn't see teams racing up the board to get Fields in the top ten. Surely the Dolphins or Lions would have listened to offers. I know some teams are worried about Fields slow processing. Some are concerned with his passing mechanics. The Bears may have gotten this years D Watson or maybe not.
I hate draft grades. They're based on the grader's pre draft rankings and nothing else. Drafts really can't be graded until at least three years after the draft.

And Eli, Rivers, Big Ben, Aikman, Marino, etc didn't/won't make it to 40. Brees was a shell his last couple of seasons as was Favre. Not saying it's a terrible gamble, but assuming he's going to go out like Brady is not wise.
I agree there is no guarantee how long he'll play. I feel like he is trending toward playing that long. As long as Denver has a solid team around him that should keep him motivated.

I'd actually prefer to get Watson in a trade since he has many more years left. Assuming of course his legal battles are behind him.

I hate draft grades. They're based on the grader's pre draft rankings and nothing else. Drafts really can't be graded until at least three years after the draft.
People are all over the Raiders for taking Leatherwood in the first. However, if they would have taken Moehrig in the first and Leatherwood in the second they would say they had a great draft even though they got the same two players. Teams take a wholistic view of roster construction that you just can't appropriately grade.

I agree there is no guarantee how long he'll play. I feel like he is trending toward playing that long. As long as Denver has a solid team around him that should keep him motivated.

I'd actually prefer to get Watson in a trade since he has many more years left. Assuming of course his legal battles are behind him.
I would prefer Watson as well, but they need to get someone better than what they have. That offense is like a Lamborghini being driven by a little old lady.

Reactions: PoS

that he is holding out for a two year guaranteed contract may indicate he thinks he has two years of football left in that arm

Reactions: PoS

E0dqnZ5XEAIrVDM

In the end these draft grades are really meaningless. Because no one will know how these players will pan out until at least another 2-3 years down the line.

I would not say meaningless, but uninformed and premature are certainly applicable.

Back
Top Bottom