• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#3507]NFL 2022

This is tackle football. The offensive player is trying to stay up and the defender is trying to get him to the ground. Tua needs to learn how to take hits. This was Tua‘s fault, not the defenders.
I don't agree with that.. In the Bills game Tua was pushed down, and that drew a flag..

IN the Bengals game he was slammed to the ground.. And no flag..

The inconsistently is what bothers me..

Obviously the article means what it says. Why didn't you read the whole story?
I’m talking about the shirt “Florida Strong”. I get they’re selling stuff to benefit hurricane victims. It seems overly cliche to me. It’s a tyoical say something but do nothing type of thing. I couldn’t imagine wearing that shirt. It reminds me at work there is a saying outside of HR that says “We are Arizona”. What does that mean. They are creepy slogans in my opinion.

DeSSantis opposed aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy in blue states. Now he wants aid from Biden. Stop building high-density, high-cost construction in hurricane zones.
Add poorly and corruptly built to this post.

Doubt he will get in trouble for this.

Not sure about the laws in Dubai.
Typical non-sport post from @Bucky.
Suprise Suprise. Tua was injured again.

The Dolphins easily could be 0-4. The bandwagon just got a lot lighter today.
Kinda like when the nba players were allowed to hurt Zion QQQ?

I don't agree with that.. In the Bills game Tua was pushed down, and that drew a flag..

If he was picked up and slammed to the ground that should be a flag. In this situation he was slammed to the ground in the process of a tackle.

I agree with you with regards to consistency.

I’m talking about the shirt “Florida Strong”. I get they’re selling stuff to benefit hurricane victims. It seems overly cliche to me. It’s a tyoical say something but do nothing type of thing. I couldn’t imagine wearing that shirt. It reminds me at work there is a saying outside of HR that says “We are Arizona”. What does that mean. They are creepy slogans in my opinion.
Imagine Floridians wearing a ‘New York Strong’ shirt after Hurricane Sandy or even 9/11 for that matter.

here's my take, recognizing my officiating position is umpire and not referee, so my experience base making this call is limited
in the bills game, tua had released the ball. with the ball being away, there was no legitimate reason for the hit. the defender had ample opportunity to not hit tua
during the bengals game, the ball was live and in tua's hands; there was nothing which should have prevented legal contact when he received the hit. while the hit was hard, it was clean. there was no rules basis to throw a flag against the bengals' defender

compare ... be advised you (as well as patriotic voter) will have to click an extra time to watch them on youtube

If he was picked up and slammed to the ground that should be a flag. In this situation he was slammed to the ground in the process of a tackle.

I agree with you with regards to consistency.
If that was Brady or Rodgers there would have been a penalty..

But again it's the inconsistently, and we agree on that...

If that was Brady or Rodgers there would have been a penalty..

But again it's the inconsistently, and we agree on that...
It’s the inconsistency of whether the qb is white versus a minority. That’s the way it’s always been and always will be.

here's my take, recognizing my officiating position is umpire and not referee, so my experience base making this call is limited
in the bills game, tua had released the ball. with the ball being away, there was no legitimate reason for the hit. the defender had ample opportunity to not hit tua
during the bengals game, the ball was live and in tua's hands; there was nothing which should have prevented legal contact when he received the hit. while the hit was hard, it was clean. there was no rules basis to throw a flag against the bengals' defender

compare ... be advised you (as well as patriotic voter) will have to click an extra time to watch them on youtube

He slammed him to the ground.. I've seen that called as a penalty many times, not just on QB hits.. Receivers who have to ball in their hands, and a penalty is called...

It’s the inconsistency of whether the qb is white versus a minority. That’s the way it’s always been and always will be.
Or Baker Mayfield.

I don't know about that.. Tua isn't a 'running QB'.. I have noticed they don't can as many penalties against the running, mobile QB's..

Just saw ABC cut in to OK/TCU to see Judge walked again.

Baker’s got a bad-boy mouth.
only wish he had a bad-boy arm to go with the attitude

Doesn’t help to have cmc hurt already …
cmc is good to go last i heard
wish they would use him more as a decoy

now, ^ THAT was a good call
I've been a sports fan since 1962.. I use to be a boxing fan..

When we see an athlete staggering, not knowing where he is, and needing help walking.. His brain has been scrambled.. Something is wrong..

Don't need a PHD to see that Tua was out of it on Sunday..

Again I'm not saying what happened Thursday had anything to do with Sunday.. It's just the inconsistency and hypocrisy that bothers me..

Protect the players, or don't.. I'm just tried of the BS talk by the NFL..

When we see an athlete staggering, not knowing where he is, and needing help walking.. His brain has been scrambled.. Something is wrong..

Again I'm not saying what happened Thursday had anything to do with Sunday.. It's just the inconsistency and hypocrisy that bothers me..

When the NFL first announced that they were going to limit the trauma during game action, they were still selling a “Greatest Hits” video with all the most violent tackles and collisions.

yea, since Cassius Clay took down sonny liston for me
lasted until don king screwed up boxers and boxing
officials are required to take concussion training every two years in my state. lots of guys on that field failed to do the right thing

this gets personal for me. had three consecutive concussions in a late college football season. have never been the same since. hated to lose him, but Kueckly absolutely made the right call
after sunday's incident, tua should not have even been in the stadium thursday unless he was in street clothes
that second shot made a bad situation infinitely worse. if he is wise, tua will sit the rest of this season
my pique is with the NFLPA. that is the ****ing organization charged with looking after the players' best interests. where the hell are they?!!!!

When the NFL first announced that they were going to limit the trauma during game action, they were still selling a “Greatest Hits” video with all the most violent tackles and collisions.
Exactly!!!.. Was Jack Tatums hit on Stingley on the greatest hits of all time?

Back
Top Bottom