• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#3507]NFL 2022

What happened on Sunday was a Bills player pushed Tua down after he threw the ball. RTP is called in that situation because it is a late hit.

Last night, Tua was injured on a sack. I see nothing wrong with the way he got hurt. It is just a very unfortunate way he hit the turf.
He only got pushed in the Buffalo game and just fell wrong and awkward and hit his head.. Last night he was slammed to the ground... Big difference..

They called a penalty on the Bills player, I don't agree.. But fine, it's a judgment call by the Refs... But if that was a penalty, then last night's hit was definitely a penalty... It was much worse..

He only got pushed in the Buffalo game and just fell wrong and awkward and hit his head.. Last night he was slammed to the ground... Big difference..

They called a penalty on the Bills player, I don't agree.. But fine, it's a judgment call by the Refs... But if that was a penalty, then last night's hit was definitely a penalty... It was much worse..
I've been away from NFL fandom for the last few years, but slowly have been working my way back. My departure was based on the 'gladiator' aspect of the game. Fans cheer, players often give their future health for those cheers (and paychecks), and owners give no shits about the players outside of what they can put in their pockets. 17 games, Thurs games after Sun games, drugs to mask pain are all examples of how little the NFL care about player safety.

What originally drove me away was seeing an interview with Ronnie Lott. 42 was a brilliant football player, and a very smart person. Retired, he is still a very smart person, but he can't communicate as he was able to in the past. The presence of brain damage is obvious. I feel badly for all the times I cheered his hits, because what I was really cheering for was the impact of football on his life.

Watching Tua seize up last night, 4 days after he fell to the ground in his last game reminded me of what I hate about the NFL

I've been away from NFL fandom for the last few years, but slowly have been working my way back. My departure was based on the 'gladiator' aspect of the game. Fans cheer, players often give their future health for those cheers (and paychecks), and owners give no shits about the players outside of what they can put in their pockets. 17 games, Thurs games after Sun games, drugs to mask pain are all examples of how little the NFL care about player safety.

What originally drove me away was seeing an interview with Ronnie Lott. 42 was a brilliant football player, and a very smart person. Retired, he is still a very smart person, but he can't communicate as he was able to in the past. The presence of brain damage is obvious. I feel badly for all the times I cheered his hits, because what I was really cheering for was the impact of football on his life.

Watching Tua seize up last night, 4 days after he fell to the ground in his last game reminded me of what I hate about the NFL
I still like the game.. And I agree with them toughening up on the late hits, dirty hits, spearing, etc...

But they got to do a better job.. Tua definitely had a concussion last game, and then plays the next game ON A SHORT WEEK??

And they lied about him not having a concussion in the Bills game? That's unacceptable...

I hate saying this, I really do.. But I think the Dolphins and NFL lied about him not having a concussion because their next game was on Prime time.. So they wanted the best players on the field..

I still like the game.. And I agree with them toughening up on the late hits, dirty hits, spearing, etc...

But they got to do a better job.. Tua definitely had a concussion last game, and then plays the next game ON A SHORT WEEK??

And they lied about him not having a concussion in the Bills game? That's unacceptable...

I hate saying this, I really do.. But I think the Dolphins and NFL lied about him not having a concussion because their next game was on Prime time.. So they wanted the best players on the field..
It is unbelievably sad that we can think that way, but I see no evidence that the NFL cares about the health of their players. If those puffy helmets linemen wear in practice work, why isn't everyone wearing them in games? Probably because it is a bad look for TV imo.

It is unbelievably sad that we can think that way, but I see no evidence that the NFL cares about the health of their players. If those puffy helmets linemen wear in practice work, why isn't everyone wearing them in games? Probably because it is a bad look for TV imo.
The NFL has toughen up on the late hits, etc.. They have.. But they're inconsistent.. And they've been caught lying so many times, so sometimes they don't deserve the benefit of doubt...

Anyone who saw the Bills game could see Tua's brain was scrambled.. He was wobbling all over, he tried walking off the field and needed help..

And then to play him on a short week??

Not good optics.. Sometimes it takes a while for concussion effects to show up..

I'm not saying what happened yesterday had anything to do with the the Bills game..

I'm saying he shouldn't have played the 2nd half in the Bills game.. And he shouldn't have played, in a short week last night..

I'm not a John Harbaugh fan... But... Even he's taking a shot at the Dolphins..

Yahoo

Yahoo Sports

Ravens head coach John Harbaugh 'couldn't believe' the Tua Tagovailoa injury he watched​

spaceball.gif
Head coach John Harbaugh could barely describe how he felt when he watched Tua Tagovailoa's scary injury on Thursday night.
Tagovailoa, who was taken off the field on a stretcher after a big hit by defensive player was eventually released from a local hospital and flew home with the on Thursday night. But Harbaugh still left feeling some type of way after the scary tackle that occurred just five days after with another head-related injury.
"Like most people, I couldn't believe what I saw last night. I couldn't believe what I saw last Sunday," Harbaugh said Friday. "It was just something that was astonishing to see. I've been coaching for 40 years now — college and NFL, almost 40 — and I've never seen anything like it before. It was just really something that, you know, I just couldn't believe what I was seeing."

I am unable to find a video that is allowed to be played on this forum, but can clearly see Tagovailoa's left hand was empty when Milano pushed him. Momentum could have been part of it, but late is late and the QB got hurt. Subjective flag.

Last edited:
I cannot find a video that is allowed to be played on this forum, but can clearly see on YouTube Tagovailoa's left hand was empty when Milano pushed him.
He didn't hit him or slammed him to the ground.. He pushed him..

I made myself clear.. I didn't have a problem with the Refs throwing a flag on that play.. I have a problem with them not throwing a flag on the play last night when he was slammed to the ground..

He didn't hit him or slammed him to the ground.. He pushed him..

I made myself clear.. I didn't have a problem with the Refs throwing a flag on that play.. I have a problem with them not throwing a flag on the play last night when he was slammed to the ground..

I am sure the NFL VP of Officiating (probably Walt Anderson, who held that job last year) will determine if flags should have been thrown while Tua Tagovailoa lay in a fencing posture.

BTW which Bengal was responsible for causing Tua's concussion?

NFL chief medical officer Dr. Allen Sills told NFL Network's Judy Battista on Friday that Tagovailoa had been checked for concussion symptoms throughout the week leading up to Thursday night's contest.

"Absolutely. I know that he was checked after [Sunday's] game, I know that he was checked the following day. In fact, every player who gets an examination on game day gets a follow-up exam the following day even if that exam was negative - that's part of our concussion protocol. And then I know that this player was checked every day leading up to the game," Sills said. "So, again, a very comprehensive and thorough evaluation that consists of a prescribed set of tests outlined by our concussion protocol."

tua displayed the fencing motion (arms extended after the hit) indicative of a medium to severe brain injury last night:

his confusion/instability immediately after the bills' hit is also a displayed indicator of a potential concussion

we keep posting about the NFL doing something about this, the NFL Players Association should be in the middle of this in a very public way right now to make sure there is no unnecessary risk imposed on the players

@justabubba The picture you posted is exactly why I did not embed two YouTube videos. It is legally and technologically impossible to see them in a thread.

Show me videos that are not from the NFL, which blocks 100% of its audiovisual content for copyright reasons. What YouTube does is pretend NFL.com content is its own videos.

Last edited:

The NFL was extremely clear about that one: linemen are the test players to see if the new helmets should be used by all players league-wide. IOW nobody knows if they work on any player.

@justabubba The picture you posted is exactly why I did not embed two YouTube videos. It is legally and technologically impossible to see them in a thread.

Show me videos that are not from the NFL, which blocks 100% of its audiovisual content for copyright reasons. What YouTube does is pretend NFL.com content is its own videos.
open them up in youtube

Not bothering.We need to see the still pictures of both tackles side by side in the same post to compare them, not just watch videos one at a time.
not my problem. watch them, or don't, but if you want particular photos, search for them yourself

Following Sunday night's Kansas City Chiefs versus Tampa Bay Buccaneers game, the NFL will also be auctioning off a limited number of game-worn jerseys and other unique items which fans can bid on at NFL.com/auction to support the American Red Cross' Hurricane Ian relief efforts. NFL Auction also has several items already listed to bid on to raise funds for hurricane disaster relief.

1664633460200.png

Last edited:
He slammed him to the ground.. I've seen a penalty called when a defensive player does that to a position player.. Against a QB? That should be an automatic penalty..
This is tackle football. The offensive player is trying to stay up and the defender is trying to get him to the ground. Tua needs to learn how to take hits. This was Tua‘s fault, not the defenders.

View attachment 67415879
DeSSantis opposed aid for victims of Hurricane Sandy in blue states. Now he wants aid from Biden. Stop building high-density, high-cost construction in hurricane zones.

Kick the guy out of the game but don’t arrest him. This is a terrible look for the Browns. I’m officially rooting against them.

Embattled All-Pro receiver Antonio Brown was caught on video shoving his bare buttocks into the face of a stunned woman in a outdoor swimming pool at a swanky Dubai hotel – and then lifting his manhood out of the water and whipping it in her direction, as wide-eyed vacationers watched in shock.

Doubt he will get in trouble for this.

Not sure about the laws in Dubai.

Back
Top Bottom