• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#3507]NFL 2022

The Steelers missed T.J. Watt, of course, but the weather did not help Chris Boswell. Both Al and Kirk believe it was a whole team problem for the Steelers. They repeatedly mentioned the "short week" for Pittsburgh despite their drive to Cleveland being only 7 hours.
Watt being out was a huge deal. The Steelers are 0-5 without him. The Browns without Clowney allowed the Steelers to roll out Mitch away from Garret.

The Steelers just need better QB play. They have plenty of talent and the offensive line is playing a lot better.

Trubisky made some nice throws and showed his ability to escape the rush. He bought himself more time. That being said, he continues to miss wide open receivers. You could see the frustration from Pickens, Claypool, and Johnson on the bench. Three straight three and outs in comeback mode was not good. Dionta Johnson dropped a couple which didn’t help. If Trubisky would have played horribly last night this would be the perfect time to make the switch with ten days off till the next game. I don’t think we will see Pickett until after the Steelers week 9 bye. After they play the Jets they have a brutal stretch with games against the Buffalo, Tampa, Miami and Philly. I don’t know if Tomlin wants to expose the rookie to that Gauntlet.

we will see Pickett at some point. It’s obvious that Trubisky is nothing more than a career backup.
Trubisky not only is not accurate throwing down field, many times he does not 'see' receivers open down field..

He doesn't scan the field well.. I saw twice, I think it was Johnson, was open, waving his arms, Trubisky didn't see him or obviously throw to him..

Trubisky not only is not accurate throwing down field, many times he does not 'see' receivers open down field..

He doesn't scan the field well.. I saw twice, I think it was Johnson, was open, waving his arms, Trubisky didn't see him or obviously throw to him..

Not seeing #18 all by himself near the right sideline made no sense to me. It reminded me of this complaint by his teammate George Pickens:

"I just say that because I'm a big guy that runs in the low 4.4s," Pickens said, via the Pittsburgh Tribune-Review. "I always have a step on somebody and my step is naturally longer than the other person, and I'm actually fast. I'm always (going to) have a step and always feel like, 99 percent of the time, I'm open even though the ball gets there in the air and (the defender) gets time to catch back up. ... But I'm open as soon as I get off the line."

But Pickens blamed OC Matt Canada, not the quarterback, and got more chances against the Browns.

Trubisky made some nice throws and showed his ability to escape the rush. He bought himself more time. That being said, he continues to miss wide open receivers. You could see the frustration from Pickens, Claypool, and Johnson on the bench. Three straight three and outs in comeback mode was not good. Dionta Johnson dropped a couple which didn’t help. If Trubisky would have played horribly last night this would be the perfect time to make the switch with ten days off till the next game. I don’t think we will see Pickett until after the Steelers week 9 bye. After they play the Jets they have a brutal stretch with games against the Buffalo, Tampa, Miami and Philly. I don’t know if Tomlin wants to expose the rookie to that Gauntlet.

we will see Pickett at some point. It’s obvious that Trubisky is nothing more than a career backup.
As Tomlin said, the Steelers didn't lose because of Trubisky. Trubisky keeps his starting job for the remainder of the year unless injured. They signed him to a two year contract for the very reason that they didn't believe in Rudolph and they didn't want to start their rookie in a transition year - he'll get the year to watch and learn.

Best way to ruin a rookie's career is to start him on a team that is likely going nowhere fast - Steelers aren't that kind of team. Not a lot expected this year and with Watt injured there's even less reason to start him.

It is shame the Steelers can't look like a playoff team 50 years after their first Super Bowl season. Celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Immaculate Recepti0on - against the Raiders, no less - would be much sweeter if they clinch the AFC North title that night.

Mac Jones arm strength downfield is just not good.

All 9 games on XMSirius starting at 225 with CAR’s early 13-0 lead and under-thrown to Olave for 49. He’s a weapon. Then they go away from Olave twice and FG is blocked. Saints get the ball to start 3rd.

All 9 games on XMSirius starting at 225 with CAR’s early 13-0 lead and under-thrown to Olave for 49. He’s a weapon. Then they go away from Olave twice and FG is blocked. Saints get the ball to start 3rd.

My Jets are playing like my Jets. :cry:

My daughter is at the game in DC now. She has on field seats. I did not know that was even an option.

Lots of points in week 3. The nfl is an order of magnitude (times ten) of baseball in games and 5 times hockey and basketball with # of games.

The intensity of the action certainly approaches ten times that of other sports.

Colts left too many points on the field.
Tua/Allen looks like a budding rivalry.

😞 Reservoirs are low out here everywhere I go.
Aspen groves in CO are blazing.
Saw a small animal run over and its mate scrambling around otr. 😞 I’m too sensitive;
Western parks, forests, etc and the drives are awesome.

3rd qtrs mostly started;
Bears struggling and I have their announcers;
17-13 HOU;
Back OTR again

Miami win despite them throwing up all over themselves at the end

Miami win despite them throwing up all over themselves at the end
Crazy game.. Bills seem to have lost 1/2 their team to injuries..

And how did Tua come back after wobbling off the field and needing help walking.. That was a concussion if I ever saw one..

I thought the NFL was toughening up on concussions?

Crazy game.. Bills seem to have lost 1/2 their team to injuries..

And how did Tua come back after wobbling off the field and needing help walking.. That was a concussion if I ever saw one..

I thought the NFL was toughening up on concussions?

Moving to a 4 game break in rugby for players with concussions after recent deaths and suicides.

Read a blurb earlier saying the player's union is already questioning what the hell went on...

Why Tua was allowed back in the game..

They are saying it was a back injury… like we didn’t watch his knees wobble like a boxer

They are saying it was a back injury… like we didn’t watch his knees wobble like a boxer
Exactly what I thought when it happened.. He looked like a boxer who just got tagged with a right hook, then staggering, and not knowing what was going on... His teammates had to hold him up...

Meanwhile, Josh McDaniels has lost, what, like 13 straight games as an NFL head coach? lol

An under crew with two under teams is underwhelming.

Mac Jones arm strength downfield is just not good.

I always assumed the only reason people expected him to be great is where he went to college. Nick Saban is the best coach at making players look better than they are.

Even though the Bears won, I dont think Justin Fields is the long term solution at QB. I hope Im wrong though.

Even though the Bears won, I dont think Justin Fields is the long term solution at QB. I hope Im wrong though.
i feel your pain
panthers beat the 'aints yesterday, but that had nothing to do with mayfield's poor play

Reactions: PoS
Yesterday was a bad day for left tackles who protect right-handed quarterbacks:

Back
Top Bottom