• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

[W:#3507]NFL 2022

Longest Steelers pass play today was 23 yards.. And that a pass and run...

You got to throw down field once in a while to loosen the defense up.. Pats were 8 right up on the line the whole game, they weren't even worrying about passes down field...
GO 🐻
Eburrfloos

I miss the smart tv, excessive sports betting, my wife and 3 cats, and housework I’m finally enjoying.

Harris is genuinely hurt, bad.
Watt is basically out for the year.
They need to start a 12-month regimen.
Like every team in every sport—injuries all around.
It IS brutal when they get hurt.

Hope you don’t mind me speaking CO.
Manual automatic, focus on everything.
sunscreen, water, dehydration, etc.

Only two room cleaners showed today after a sold out weekend. I feel for them. I always give them the tip personally.

Cleveland’s loss doesn’t get much worse,

I like the fans counting the play clock to help Russ.
Denver why pass when you’re running well?
Why stop the clock twice for Houston?

Way to lose 7 on 3rd down.
FG only makes it a TD for HOU,

I watched Tua turn into a QB today. I think maybe Miami has found the QB/Head coach combination that they have been looking for since Marino/Shula. I'm feeling really good about today's win.

I watched Tua turn into a QB today. I think maybe Miami has found the QB/Head coach combination that they have been looking for since Marino/Shula. I'm feeling really good about today's win.

I never quite understood the desire to shop Tua when he wasn't doing any worse than any Miami QB since Dan Marino, and today solidified what he's capable of. What was remarkable was how badly he torched Baltimore whenever he decided to go deep. They repeatedly beat Baltimore's secondary - just massacred them.

And Washington Commanders - what the absolute hell was that, going for two when the game wasn't on the line? I've been a Riverboat Ron Rivera guy but the coaching today was atrocious, from the preparation to the in-game situational calling. Don't blame this on Carson Wentz - at least not all of it.

Not surprisingly, the Steelers' defense wasn't as strong without Watt in the lineup - figured if he was out for any extended length of time the season would be lost. Besides, the Steelers never play their best against the Cheatriots for whatever reason. I was expecting this to be a long season and long transition from Big Ben to the next one so not overly disappointed - knew the offense would need time to develop into something workable - although first game in Cincy gave false hope.

Ironically, Pittsburgh's defense without T.J. Watt is who stepped up today. Look at who could not stop Detroit's offense, which obviously has less talent than New England.

I never quite understood the desire to shop Tua when he wasn't doing any worse than any Miami QB since Dan Marino, and today solidified what he's capable of. What was remarkable was how badly he torched Baltimore whenever he decided to go deep. They repeatedly beat Baltimore's secondary - just massacred them.
The game was a tale of two half's. Tua and the whole team looked really bad in the first half. Whatever adjustments they made in the locker room worked.

Tua imo really needed this game. He needed to show everyone, including himself, that he could rally a come from behind victory. It was a team effort but he won that game today.

Last edited:
That problem kinda solved itself eh?
Kittle didn’t play again.
Mitchell will be hurt all year.
****in injuries and two weeks isn’t over.

🐻 are who we thought they were.

Reactions: PoS
Not surprisingly, the Steelers' defense wasn't as strong without Watt in the lineup - figured if he was out for any extended length of time the season would be lost. Besides, the Steelers never play their best against the Cheatriots for whatever reason. I was expecting this to be a long season and long transition from Big Ben to the next one so not overly disappointed - knew the offense would need time to develop into something workable - although first game in Cincy gave false hope.
I don’t know how you felt hopeful after week one. The Steelers had 5 turnovers, 7 sacks, and still almost lost to a team who used their back up TE as the long snapper.

Ironically, Pittsburgh's defense without T.J. Watt is who stepped up today. Look at who could not stop Detroit's offense, which obviously has less talent than New England.
From what I saw, the Steelers defense got no pressure on Jones. The bad throw and lucky catch by Agholor at the end of the first half was the difference. Neither team looked great. Steelers, however, in my view, have the bigger upside going forward.

I don’t know how you felt hopeful after week one. The Steelers had 5 turnovers, 7 sacks, and still almost lost to a team who used their back up TE as the long snapper.
Steelers have historically owned the Bengals but had lost four in a row against them leading into the season opener and the Bengals were touchdown favourites to win the game. Any away win in your division is a terrific win. As you say, 7 sacks last week - key to them winning - they got no pressure on Jones - big difference - Watt, in my view, gets the Steelers a win.

In the big picture, losing to the Cheatriots wasn't the worst loss in the division this week and the Steelers are still tied for the division lead - offense not yet in sinc but will get better as the year progresses. It's not like they lost at home to the Jets or coughed up a huge lead.

As I posted after last weeks win, losing Watt could torpedo the entire season.

Steelers have historically owned the Bengals but had lost four in a row against them leading into the season opener and the Bengals were touchdown favourites to win the game. Any away win in your division is a terrific win. As you say, 7 sacks last week - key to them winning - they got no pressure on Jones - big difference - Watt, in my view, gets the Steelers a win.

In the big picture, losing to the Cheatriots wasn't the worst loss in the division this week and the Steelers are still tied for the division lead - offense not yet in sinc but will get better as the year progresses. It's not like they lost at home to the Jets or coughed up a huge lead.

As I posted after last weeks win, losing Watt could torpedo the entire season.
I like optimism this early!

I like optimism this early!
When your team is in transition, optimism is sometimes all you've got. A serious injury to your star player doesn't help either, but could be worse - could be a fan of the Bengals or the Colts!!

Longest Steelers pass play today was 23 yards.. And that a pass and run...

You got to throw down field once in a while to loosen the defense up.. Pats were 8 right up on the line the whole game, they weren't even worrying about passes down field...
Trubisky did the same thing during his time with the Bears. At first I thought it was just the Bears coaches being retarded, but then I began to wonder if they knew he had some sort of limitation when it came to throwing long...

Trubisky did the same thing during his time with the Bears. At first I thought it was just the Bears coaches being retarded, but then I began to wonder if they knew he had some sort of limitation when it came to throwing long...
I’m in the Boulder area.
Denver fans were counting the play clock for Russ.
Broncos were lucky to win.
Terrible play calling.

Harris is hurt.
Pickett would also struggle.
Let Mitch be the fall guy.

Nice stream game Thursday with PIT/CLE 😝
Mountain time is my favorite.

Were any of you not surprised Miami pulled off a 21-point comeback in the fourth quarter to win at Baltimore?

Yeah.. Maybe these coaches know Turbisky is very limited... Something up... Because Steelers aren't even looking down field.. Let alone trying to throw down field...

Reactions: PoS
What do you all think of two games being played tonight? I think it is stupid because they overlap. Plus it makes no sense to do this in Week 2 instead of Week 1 like they used to do.

I am only going to watch one game: Buffalo vs. Tennessee. GO BILLS!

Listening to the radio... Heard this was the 1st time since September 29th 2009 that all 4 NYC teams won on a Sunday... Lol

Back
Top Bottom