• This is a political forum that is non-biased/non-partisan and treats every person's position on topics equally. This debate forum is not aligned to any political party. In today's politics, many ideas are split between and even within all the political parties. Often we find ourselves agreeing on one platform but some topics break our mold. We are here to discuss them in a civil political debate. If this is your first visit to our political forums, be sure to check out the RULES. Registering for debate politics is necessary before posting. Register today to participate - it's free!

NFL 2021

Sooooo many supposed up and coming great ones end up duds. A lot of them even have it for a few years, like Cam or Vick or Goeff or Luck, etc, etc, etc...only to become duds as they age, rather quickly, I might add.

One reason I take my hat off to Tom Brady--he has pretty much pulled off the impossible.
Luck was good throughout his career. The moronic pill popping GM screwed him big time.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how boring is this week's Thursday night game going to be...

Giants vs Washington... I'm giving it a 3...

Can’t take the WFT side with the plus history of Danny Dimes against them. Under got away. Did take over 21.5 yards rushing for Heineken.

On a scale of 1 to 10 how boring is this week's Thursday night game going to be...

Giants vs Washington... I'm giving it a 3...
About as bad as next Monday night with DET/GB. They insist on these division stinkers.

Meyer will be a complete failure. And majority of their draft picks are looking like duds right now.

Firing Caldwell was a moronic move.

There is no reason to write off Urban Meyer after only one game. Nobody can know if he will be a failure before the playoffs start at the earliest. The same is true with every single 2021 draft pick.

David Caldwell got what he deserved. It was his fault that we had the least talented team on both offense and defense last season.

Lamar Jackson cant pass. He might as well be a RB. Ravens would be dumb to throw a lot money at him.

NFL MVP - unanimous pick.

He can't get that award without being an extremely talented passer.

Maybe they got no viable takers?

I haven’t paid attention to what the top QBs are making in salary until today, Mahomes is listed at 45 million per? WTF?

I remember when DC was franchising Cousins at 24-26 million and thought “he doesn’t need to take another snap!” …..and then Minnesota came along and sweetened the pot……
I remember when Mahomes signed his current contract, a coworker in KC was very excited talking about the half billion dollar man in Mahomes

How was he an extremely talented passer? Can you explain.

I said he was an extremely talented passer at the time.

This thread is only about the current NFL season, so I will not explain.

Trevor is very smart and will learn from it.
Odds are not in Trevor's favor. Very few #1 picks end up great QB's. Rare exceptions: Peyton, Troy Aikman, Bradshaw and, of course, John Elway (#3 best QB all time).

Top two:

#2: Joe Montana--82nd pick

#1: Tom Brady--199th pick

Case closed.

Last edited:
Cam Newton says hello.

Cam Newton was absolutely a good passer in 2015. Was he great, on the level of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees? No, but he still threw for nearly 4,000 yards and over 30 touchdowns to just 10 INTs.

He was never a bad passing QB; the problem was after 2015 the primary offensive weapons of Carolina either got injured or left and were not replaced. By the time Cam took his shoulder injury it was too late to add weapons back to the offense.

Cam Newton was absolutely a good passer in 2015. Was he great, on the level of Brady, Rodgers, and Brees? No, but he still threw for nearly 4,000 yards and over 30 touchdowns to just 10 INTs.

He was never a bad passing QB; the problem was after 2015 the primary offensive weapons of Carolina either got injured or left and were not replaced. By the time Cam took his shoulder injury it was too late to add weapons back to the offense.
Cam was never a great thrower, good but not great. Stop using words that do not meet his ability, and he isnt a HoF QB either.

Cam was never a great thrower, good but not great. Stop using words that do not meet his ability, and he isnt a HoF QB either.

I guess reading is hard, because if you had read what I said you'd have seen that I explicitly said he was neither great nor a HOF caliber QB.

Back
Top Bottom